AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
People, everything but the "five foot" detail has been said by the Sheriff before.

Yep. I didn’t really find anything about this article to be groundbreaking. Most of it has been said by LE before. It’s credible, they got this from the actual sheriff. There’s video of the interview along with the article. It’s just not really “news” to anyone following from Day 1.

As far as the “5 feet in the house” thing, I think he might be basing that on bullet casings as well as a lack of evidence elsewhere in the house. Possibly the only ones found were just inside the front door.

The mattress wasn't removed in the initial search, so I don't think it had any relevance to the attack. They came back for it, so assuming that the perp was never near it, there can only be one possible reason for removing it.

The crime scene was looked at by more than one unit. It is possible the second or third time (out of 6, IIRC) it was looked at it was decided to remove it and check. Not true that there can only be one possible reason, IMO.

If LE did reveal what type of shell casings were found, and they are common to many types of guns...that would not be likely to create valid tips. Lots of calls, maybe. But in gun-world USA I don’t see how it would narrow things down to Joe Schmoe on the corner unless they were literally one of a kind shells. jmo

If the Sheriff said the guy only came five feet in to the house, there has to be evidence to prove that. The person had to have left a trail of some sort for them to be able to make that statement.
Respectfully, if the person didn't leave a trail of some sort, that could also be proof of having only came 5 feet into the house.

Huh? If the person didn't leave a trail, how can you tell whether he came 5, 10 or 20 feet in to the house?
Well, Andreww, if there was a sea of blood and gore covering the floor five feet from the door, and there were no footprints of the perp found in the blood, that would certainly be evidence that the perp didn't come more than 5 feet in the house, if LE determined the shots were fired from said doorway.

If the perp was restricted to a very short distance into the home after shooting JC, due to blood and gore, how did he manage to get Jayme to accompany him and walk past her dead parents and leave without leaving bloody footprints?
She could have been beside the perp when he fired. She could have indeed left bloody footprints behind. She could have ran out a different door. A number of possibilities.

Well, Andreww, if there was a sea of blood and gore covering the floor five feet from the door, and there were no footprints of the perp found in the blood, that would certainly be evidence that the perp didn't come more than 5 feet in the house, if LE determined the shots were fired from said doorway.
Good point

This is a rural area. Before this happened, people didn't necessarily lock their doors.

“We have a double murder and a missing 13-year-old girl, there's not much more to tell than that — and that's the frustration,” said Sheriff .... Barron is the kind of town where screen doors are left unlatched in summer; in winter, few lock their front doors. ..."

Your post reminds me of one where the OP pondered, why their door was locked, given it would have been unusual do so in that town.

Have we heard whether locking the door was typical to them?

Everyone leaves cells hairs and a trace of themselves. It’s there. Perhaps difficult to find, but it’s there.

Also casings and in particular the firing pin leaves a very unique imprint on each casing. There are databases to identify as they appear under an electron microscope. I think they will track the gun and find who did this.

In 1973 my dear friend Dawn Swan Magyar was kidnapped and murdered. Found a couple months later, there was also scant evidence. It took a lot of very diligent work and tracking a gun across the country and back to finally locate the ______ that raped and killed her. The gun was located in the river 35 miles away. At a different time her wallet was found.

That investigation was done manually. The technology has advanced by lightyears. Dawn didn’t know what a computer was in 1973.

I’ll find a link.

https://wikivisually.com/wiki/Murder_of_Dawn_Magyar

But just after her killer was convicted a group of us took some of the men and women involved to dinner. Dawn was truly an angel. Married 3 years she had a one year old son who is about 46 now. He never knew his lovely kind warm loving mom. I did and helped search for her. Her family farmed less than a mile from ours. If not for a strong belief in God, that family would have fallen apart.

It may take time. But they will find the person who did this. I’m pretty confident if it.

Someone posted a shot of what appeared to be a carpet in the back of a truck at the house earlier this week or late last week.... I wonder why it took so long to have the carpet pulled out? I also wonder if that carpet is going for further testing? More than ever now, I want to know what the crime scene looked like - how is it that the killer only went about 5 feet into the house??

If the perp was restricted to a very short distance into the home after shooting JC, due to blood and gore, how did he manage to get Jayme to accompany him and walk past her dead parents and leave without leaving bloody footprints?

I think there were 2 intruders. One rushed past James to take care of Denise while the other shot James. Neither James nor Denise were anticipating this (of course), so the intruders/murderers used the element of surprise in their favor. The one who shot James could have could have exited the front door. The one who handled Jayme exited with her through the glass sliders to the deck.

I firmly believe they came for Jayme. Human trafficking pays well and happens much more than the average person realizes. You've no idea how much I hope I am wrong.

JMO

Someone posted a shot of what appeared to be a carpet in the back of a truck at the house earlier this week or late last week.... I wonder why it took so long to have the carpet pulled out? I also wonder if that carpet is going for further testing? More than ever now, I want to know what the crime scene looked like - how is it that the killer only went about 5 feet into the house??
My feeling is that Jayme willingly came to him.

I think simply that James was lured to the front door either by banging or something else loud and startling. I say that because it would make sense for DC to grab Jayme and head to the bathroom with her phone and lock themselves in because of the disturbing noise. I think at that point JC was shot through the door by a shotgun and the door kicked in, this is when DC dials 911. Perp prob saw DC and Jayme run into the bathroom and goes directly there (5 feet in and nothing else disturbed). Something people seem to miss is that this is an open floor plan which could make their whereabouts in the home easily known. I think DC was shot immediately before the 911 call connected. I think the killer grabbed Jayme at that point and kicked the phone away (this is when 911 call connects). I think Jayme was crying and screaming and the killer was yelling at her to be quiet by threat which would be why LE says Jayme was home at the time. I believe he threatened her somehow to subdue and have her willingly go with him. I do believe this was a shot gun (2 loud shots), I think spray at first would look like multiple shots fired including possibly hitting a chair with the spray. I think LE did not find DC right away because she was in the bathtub. I do think this is def someone local that is familiar with the area and possibly familiar with the floor plan or the actual home. I believe Jayme was always the target (for SA), obstacles removed in and out in minutes. Possibly they chose this route because parents could have known killer either peripherally or more substantially. I think this was done by a local sex offender/pedophile that became infatuated with Jayme. I believe LE has already interviewed the killer. I think this was planned because of the quickness and clean getaway. I believe the perp already had a place prepared to bring her. This is jmo

To die instantly, she would have to have been shot through the heart or in the head. So would James (think forehead). There is too much we do not know and are not entitled to know while there is an active investigation. These are not 'lucky shots' if there are two victims who died instantly. This was done by someone very experienced with firearms, imo.

I believe there were two people. IF the front door was kicked in, then why was the glass door still intact? Wasn't there a glass door in front of the wooden door? Approximately 10 years ago we had a spate of home invasions where the door was kicked in by the door knob. It didn't matter to them if people were home because they came ready to do what they were going to do. One person would have to hold the glass door open (if there was one) so that the other could lean back and put his body into the kick.

I tend to think that the first person in rushed on into the house and the other person maybe went the 5 feet in causing the footprints. The first one in could have exited the house through the sliding doors to the deck with Jayme in tow. Seems to me that Jayme was the target. The parents were shot purposefully, quickly, and with skill.

I think Jayme was caught making the 911 call, there was a scuffle with her, and the loud voices saying maybe something like "What the hell are you doing?" and sliding the phone away from her. I think she was far enough away from the phone at that point and was heard yelling the word "help" having said her parents had to have help. Even if she knew the murderers, she was in full panic mode and horrified. They hurriedly left taking Jayme with them. IMO, she is either locked away somewhere or sold. And yes, someone knows something. I would love to hear the 911 tape but we are not going to any time soon.

Sorry for the long post, folks. I've gotten to where I don't usually comment but do always read. I want this resolved for Jayme's sake. She needs to be found!

MOO's

Well, we've been told (truthfully or not?) that the phone didn't seem to be in the same room as where the commotion was happening that they caught on tape. We're told the phone was closer to Denise, on the floor, and may have been kicked. I would now like to know, the yelling they heard on the call, did it get louder or quieter at any point (someone coming towards or going away from the device?).

I think simply that James was lured to the front door either by banging or something else loud and startling. I say that because it would make sense for DC to grab Jayme and head to the bathroom with her phone and lock themselves in because of the disturbing noise. I think at that point JC was shot through the door by a shotgun and the door kicked in, this is when DC dials 911. Perp prob saw DC and Jayme run into the bathroom and goes directly there (5 feet in and nothing else disturbed). Something people seem to miss is that this is an open floor plan which could make their whereabouts in the home easily known. I think DC was shot immediately before the 911 call connected. I think the killer grabbed Jayme at that point and kicked the phone away (this is when 911 call connects). I think Jayme was crying and screaming and the killer was yelling at her to be quiet by threat which would be why LE says Jayme was home at the time. I believe he threatened her somehow to subdue and have her willingly go with him. I do believe this was a shot gun (2 loud shots), I think spray at first would look like multiple shots fired including possibly hitting a chair with the spray. I think LE did not find DC right away because she was in the bathtub. I do think this is def someone local that is familiar with the area and possibly familiar with the floor plan or the actual home. I believe Jayme was always the target (for SA), obstacles removed in and out in minutes. Possibly they chose this route because parents could have known killer either peripherally or more substantially. I think this was done by a local sex offender/pedophile that became infatuated with Jayme. I believe LE has already interviewed the killer. I think this was planned because of the quickness and clean getaway. I believe the perp already had a place prepared to bring her. This is jmo

If Jayme was resisting and screaming / crying, I'm puzzled as to why Sheriff indicated there was no sign that Jayme resisted going with someone?

Do we know whose mattress it was? Jayme's or the parents? Of course it was to test for any foreign DNA left behind by anyone other than the family.

I really don't think the chair had anything to do with what happened that night. The dog had probably given it a good doing over at some point in the past. Just JMO. It is better to take it and eliminate it as a source of evidence than not to be thorough and leave something behind untested. Again, JMO.

I agree about the mattress but no idea who's it was. Regarding the dog, I don't think the damage looks how I'd expect damage caused by such a wee dog to look. I'd be surprised if a dog that size could even reach the seat of the chair standing up on her hind legs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member