The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I remember right, not to long ago Sophie had a darker pink nail polish on for an event. Even York sisters have worn nail polish and not pink! If it is not a official function especially with the Queen, I see nothing wrong with wearing a colored nail polish. This was not an official function. I know and understand the firm always represents the Queen no matter what but this was not outrageous. I think we will see a lot of changes when the Queen passes. More modern outlook in clothes and accessories etc. Other royal families are already showing a modern look yet with taste, nail polish, not wearing tiaras all the time, wearing pants, etc. The retired Queens tend to the older look and younger Queens are modern. Looking back when the Queen was young as a princess and Queen she wore sleeveless dresses, funky hats with the time, bright red lipstick ....now she is living in past years with clothes comfortable for her and her age but styles have changed and well the Queen has not. Meghan gets knocked for any different clothing or look yet onecan seethe other royals wearing like items, but not with the Queen. I like the Queen and what she stands for but she needs to modernize and be not so stiff, give a little. JMO Okay throw the tomatoes!

If I remember right, not to long ago Sophie had a darker pink nail polish on for an event. Even York sisters have worn nail polish and not pink! If it is not a official function especially with the Queen, I see nothing wrong with wearing a colored nail polish. This was not an official function. I know and understand the firm always represents the Queen no matter what but this was not outrageous. I think we will see a lot of changes when the Queen passes. More modern outlook in clothes and accessories etc. Other royal families are already showing a modern look yet with taste, nail polish, not wearing tiaras all the time, wearing pants, etc. The retired Queens tend to the older look and younger Queens are modern. Looking back when the Queen was young as a princess and Queen she wore sleeveless dresses, funky hats with the time, bright red lipstick ....now she is living in past years with clothes comfortable for her and her age but styles have changed and well the Queen has not. Meghan gets knocked for any different clothing or look yet onecan seethe other royals wearing like items, but not with the Queen. I like the Queen and what she stands for but she needs to modernize and be not so stiff, give a little. JMO Okay throw the tomatoes!

No tomato throwing. I agree with most of your post, especially about Meghan getting unfair criticism. :) I don’t think we know for sure how much control the Queen chooses to exert over details like nail polish and styles. The Queen is wearing what looks best on her at her age, but I’m not sure she actually intends for her sedate style to be reflected by the younger Royals or if it’s just the media stirring the pot.

Job vacancy at Buckingham Palace

Her Majesty is on the lookout for a housekeeping assistant to work at Buckingham Palace for £16,000 a year.

Successful applicants can also enjoy other perks from the job including the offer of accommodation - but they must be willing to travel to the Queen's various homes across the UK.

Also included will be 33 days holiday and a 15 per cent employer contribution pension scheme, as well as meals.

The new full-time housekeeping assistant will be expected to work Monday to Sunday, five days out of seven.”

Queen advertises for Buckingham Palace cleaner for tiny pay but there are perks

Is anyone going to apply?

“A woman claiming to be Princess Diana's aunt wants to have one of the princess's uncle's remains exhumed for DNA testing to prove she is related to the royal family, according to a report.

Californian grandmother Ann Ukrainetz believes she is the illegitimate daughter of Maurice Burke Roche, 4th Baron Fermoy, and the grandfather of Princess Diana.”

Woman says she's Princess Diana's aunt and wants to dig up uncle to prove it
Shouldn’t they be able to use DNA from Princes William & Harry for that?

“A woman claiming to be Princess Diana's aunt wants to have one of the princess's uncle's remains exhumed for DNA testing to prove she is related to the royal family, according to a report.

Californian grandmother Ann Ukrainetz believes she is the illegitimate daughter of Maurice Burke Roche, 4th Baron Fermoy, and the grandfather of Princess Diana.”

Woman says she's Princess Diana's aunt and wants to dig up uncle to prove it

There's no need to exhume anyone. Dianas' brother or sisters, nieces or nephews (other than the Wales bros) are alive and could offer up a swab.

She should rule out that her father is indeed Charles Rudderforth, whom she believed to be her father for decades. Dig him up or talk to a cousin/whatever.

I don't believe a word of this, some people just want attention. lol

Her Majesty is on the lookout for a housekeeping assistant to work at Buckingham Palace for £16,000 a year.

Successful applicants can also enjoy other perks from the job including the offer of accommodation - but they must be willing to travel to the Queen's various homes across the UK.

Also included will be 33 days holiday and a 15 per cent employer contribution pension scheme, as well as meals.

The new full-time housekeeping assistant will be expected to work Monday to Sunday, five days out of seven.”

No.
The "perks" are not enough for the really low pay. The job sounds good for someone who would consider it an honour to work for the Queen. It's not a bad job, it's just really low pay. However, if you are wise with your money, you will bank your money considering you won't have to pay rent or buy food (except personal snacks). You probably have a uniform as well.

P.S. Gregjrichards, are you coming for Christmas Dinner? I'm still curious what you'd bring and what you're going to wear :)

They really need to pay a living wage to their servants.

Never mind how they 'treat' them, pay them!!

They really need to pay a living wage to their servants.

Never mind how they 'treat' them, pay them!!

I agree the wage is pretty dismal but I have read working for the Royals can boost your wages significantly when you leave. A servant can earn £100,000 a year plus for a rich family or even foreign royalty if they have worked for the Royals. If you are young, can live on a low income and want to have a career in the service industry it is a great start.

I don’t know how easy it is to get the job though you can’t just send in your CV saying I like the Queen and cleaning.

I wonder what it is like working around so much wealth if your wages are poor it’s not great I imagine.

You might have strange tasks to do though for example Prince Charles has his newspapers ironed so the ink doesn’t go on his fingers.

No.
The "perks" are not enough for the really low pay. The job sounds good for someone who would consider it an honour to work for the Queen. It's not a bad job, it's just really low pay. However, if you are wise with your money, you will bank your money considering you won't have to pay rent or buy food (except personal snacks). You probably have a uniform as well.

P.S. Gregjrichards, are you coming for Christmas Dinner? I'm still curious what you'd bring and what you're going to wear :)

Yes I am coming I will wear my Top hat and tails and bring a sherry trifle and a strawberry trifle for those who don’t drink alcohol. I am looking forward to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa