NJ NJ - Galloway Twp, WhtFem 12-18, UP5221, watch w/ wide leather band, Dec'71

Gloria Rieken would have gone on to become my great aunt, she is/was my biological paternal grandfathers older sister. Edward mentioned in original report is my grandfather.. following this post, can you please message me with any new info. My grandpa said the family hired private investigators and that Larry smith, her husband didn’t cooperate with them much. And police never really looked for her, she left for school so he said, and never showed up to school...or home.... I’d love to help my great aunt Rest In Peace or give my family some kind of closure...

Gloria Rieken would have gone on to become my great aunt, she is/was my biological paternal grandfathers older sister. Edward mentioned in original report is my grandfather.. following this post, can you please message me with any new info. My grandpa said the family hired private investigators and that Larry smith, her husband didn’t cooperate with them much. And police never really looked for her, she left for school so he said, and never showed up to school...or home.... I’d love to help my great aunt Rest In Peace or give my family some kind of closure...

Welcome to Websleuths!

I admire that you are carrying a torch for your family. I sincerely hope yall are able to have closure, and hopefully, perhaps, this is the case to bring that closure.

Have you been in touch with the investigator in charge of Gloria's case? If so, you could let them know she has been suggested as a possible match for Atlantic County Jane Doe.

Welcome to Websleuths!

I admire that you are carrying a torch for your family. I sincerely hope yall are able to have closure, and hopefully, perhaps, this is the case to bring that closure.

Have you been in touch with the investigator in charge of Gloria's case? If so, you could let them know she has been suggested as a possible match for Atlantic County Jane Doe.

If the info I am reading is correct Joesph Crosby would have only been 14 in 1970 though...?

He started attacking young women in the late 60s to early 70s
I looked and found this on FindLaw..
((((By his own account, Crosby began attacking girls and young women in the early 1970s. In about 1972, he picked up a teenage hitchhiker and forced her at gunpoint into the back seat of his car where he made her disrobe. He fondled her breasts and vagina. In the months that followed, Crosby masturbated daily while fantasizing about this assault until his next offense in December 1974.)))
Maybe you’re right and like my grandpa said she often hitchhiked to and from school... but maybe that’s why she got in the car with him because he looked young and harmless?
Could he have been driving legally at that age? It states he’s about 18 in 1974 so like I said maybe 14ish in 1970 but she did disappear 11/16/1970 so he would have been closer to fifteen almost 1971 so only three years in between and time for him to become more confident in his acts ... he’s locked up right? But not for the killings of anyone but for the sexual issues correct?

I looked and found this on FindLaw..
((((By his own account, Crosby began attacking girls and young women in the early 1970s. In about 1972, he picked up a teenage hitchhiker and forced her at gunpoint into the back seat of his car where he made her disrobe. He fondled her breasts and vagina. In the months that followed, Crosby masturbated daily while fantasizing about this assault until his next offense in December 1974.)))
Maybe you’re right and like my grandpa said she often hitchhiked to and from school... but maybe that’s why she got in the car with him because he looked young and harmless?
Could he have been driving legally at that age? It states he’s about 18 in 1974 so like I said maybe 14ish in 1970 but she did disappear 11/16/1970 so he would have been closer to fifteen almost 1971 so only three years in between and time for him to become more confident in his acts ... he’s locked up right? But not for the killings of anyone but for the sexual issues correct?
Yes, he’s never been proven to have killed anyone. He is a suspect in the 1974 disappearance of belinda VanLith who looks a lot like Gloria. He could also be responsible for the 1971 disappearance of Janet Kramer but she is a presumed runaway.

I want to personally thank you for caring enough to submit for her DNA to be tested against NJ Jane Doe! It’s amazing to see someone besides myself that still cares about whether or not she is found! Thank you thank you thank you. Even if it’s been 50+ years she and all these women deserve justice!!

I want to personally thank you for caring enough to submit for her DNA to be tested against NJ Jane Doe! It’s amazing to see someone besides myself that still cares about whether or not she is found! Thank you thank you thank you. Even if it’s been 50+ years she and all these women deserve justice!!
You’re welcome!!

Information is very limited as I just reconnected with my grandpa but I don’t think they know this! I will have to pry a bit more...

If your grandpa is still alive, is there any chance he would recognize the picture of the leather watch she was wearing? It's definitely a statement piece.

If your grandpa is still alive, is there any chance he would recognize the picture of the leather watch she was wearing? It's definitely a statement piece.
Yes he is alive, where is the photo of bracelet? I don’t recall seeing it, can you tag me to it?

where is the photo of bracelet?
Photo is available at both the DoeNetwork and NamUs page if you need a link.
668UFNJ2.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back