CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Short answer: It depends on how Colorado courts have interpreted USSC ruling in Jones. Generally speaking, a warrant is required to place a GPS tracker on a vehicle. Disclosure of the tracker is one area that has been the subject of debate.

Long answer:
According to the Supreme Court in United States v. Jones, police use of a GPS device to track a suspect’s vehicle is considered a “search” under the Fourth Amendment. This means that the police must secure a search warrant before affixing a GPS device to a person’s car for the purpose of tracking them.

Once the police secure a valid search warrant, they can attach a GPS device on the outside of a car, typically underneath the body or underneath a bumper. The device will disclose the location of the vehicle. However, this ruling was split into three separate opinions, making the application of the rule difficult.

As a result, courts throughout the states have been applying the law differently, often reaching completely contrasting conclusions over the same issues. For example, arguments are being made that the Jones case requires courts to dismiss warrantless surveillance evidence obtained by other means, such as a video camera. These arguments hinge on the idea that the Fourth Amendment protects one’s reasonable expectation of privacy, and that the court has determined that this type of long-term tracking is an invasion of that privacy.
Question - I’m assuming PF’s family in LE will have considered the possibility that his truck might be returned with GPS tracker. Would PF legally be able to remove it? Though honestly, I don’t think he’d have to, because just knowing it’s there, I’m sure he’d consider his movements (or use a different vehicle) if necessary. MOO

Even statements on "MSM" can be wrong, intentionally or not, as we've seen many times, so I'm confused here as to why the input about his supposed cheating is being considered golden.

First, I didn't think the UK Daily Mail was considered a legit source of info. Thought it was analagous to our NY Post. Please let me know if that is now a legit news source! I thought it was a tabloid. Most sites as the result of a Google search say it's a tabloid.

Second, here's the quote from it regarding his supposed cheating: "A former girlfriend who dated Frazee more than six years ago declined to speak to DailyMail.com but her current partner said: 'He cheated on her while she was in the hospital, take that for what it's worth.'" So a current partner of a supposed ex girlfriend is telling a UK paper PF cheated on his current girlfriend at the time. Do we know more details? Maybe she made this up. Maybe they had broken up or were about to. I could think of 10 other scenarios. Just making a comment here that people are jumping on this that he must be evil between this and the horse abuse, and NO I am not "in his camp" whatsoever, but let's take a step back. Anyone can say anything to any news source or friend or social media account...
I asked a mod about the Daily Mail when following another case and s/he told me that Websleuths considered it MSM.

ETA: I consider it a rag, too.

This may have already been asked/answered and I apologize if so but is the ONLY activity from KB’s phone when it pinged in ID to her boss about time off?

OOOhhh @Hopefullyhelpful - you got me thinking. IMO perhaps Gooding was a location because perhaps he has connections there. They have a TON of stables and mini ranches? And remember we know nothing from the LE so perhaps they have already spoken to the people he went their to do business with? JMO - well more like JM-THOUGHT. Am I crazy??
Gooding, Idaho is known in that area for it's long time regular Jackpot Team Ropings, during the Spring and Summer months.

Even statements on "MSM" can be wrong, intentionally or not, as we've seen many times, so I'm confused here as to why the input about his supposed cheating is being considered golden.

First, I didn't think the UK Daily Mail was considered a legit source of info. Thought it was analagous to our NY Post. Please let me know if that is now a legit news source! I thought it was a tabloid. Most sites as the result of a Google search say it's a tabloid.

Second, here's the quote from it regarding his supposed cheating: "A former girlfriend who dated Frazee more than six years ago declined to speak to DailyMail.com but her current partner said: 'He cheated on her while she was in the hospital, take that for what it's worth.'" So a current partner of a supposed ex girlfriend is telling a UK paper PF cheated on his current girlfriend at the time. Do we know more details? Maybe she made this up. Maybe they had broken up or were about to. I could think of 10 other scenarios. Just making a comment here that people are jumping on this that he must be evil between this and the horse abuse, and NO I am not "in his camp" whatsoever, but let's take a step back. Anyone can say anything to any news source or friend or social media account...
Yes, the DM is a tabloid, but it is part of main stream media.

I might have missed this as I haven't been able to read every single post, and nothing has been reported in the news about any sightings....but I assume that nobody has come forward to report that PF was seen at any gas stations or corner stores on any routes from CO to ID? Would anyone be able to drive that far without stopping, unless extra gas and food was brought? This is if the ping is accurate, I have read on here that they sometimes are not. I guess LE still has PF's truck?

Reminds me of the Jason Young case. LE went up and down the highway seeing if they could find a sighting at a gas station or something.

They did.

Did you read anything into KB's neighbor saying she thought PF lived with KB? Apparently, even if they didn't go to the local bar together, neighbors did know they were in a relationship.

Yes. This is another factor which increases the likelihood of PF being involved.

I've thought his behavior with the press was mind boggling from the beginning, but I was willing to wait out an explanation in case the two had never been engaged or had not been engaged in a long time and he just didn't see it as his place to inject himself in the investigation. But if a neighbor saw him so often that she thought he lived there...then he has a close enough and recent enough relationship that I believe he'd be morally obligated to speak out on her behalf.

So interesting, in the Daily Mail article, that the 71 yo neighbor of KB thought PF lived there because she saw the red truck there “always.” Unfortunately the neighbor was gone out of town for Thanksgiving. She would have had so much info.

Gooding, Idaho is known in that area for it's long time regular Jackpot Team Ropings, during the Spring and Summer months.
Was there anything going on there related to the sport this time of year?

Neighbors described fiancé of missing Colorado woman as 'quiet' and 'good' | Daily Mail Online
17 Dec 2018

On December 3, .... an aunt wrote in a Facebook group: 'Our niece is missing ...

She added: 'She broke up with her ex on Thanksgiving,

Snipped and BBM'd for focus.

I find this choice of words odd: "she broke up with HER EX" as opposed to "fiancé" or "him"

This has been buggin' me for a couple days and I can't quite figure out why. Have they broken up multiple times? We don't know, obviously. The family might. Just been buggin' me.

MOO. IMO.

Horse people are an interesting bunch

Some swear by a western saddle ... some won't use it even on a trail ride

Everybody has a feeding routine "that is the best"

Some sweet talk horses ... some break hard ... some yell ... some cuss ... some hit them

Stables and rodeo are always the scene for crazy events.

I guess, if it was not highly risky ... nobody would do it.

It is the nature of the operation.

Just think about steer roping

The equipment... is significant

Even the best have bad things happen.

I read nothing into the comments about PFs horse skills.

If he was crazy and abusive ... his operation would have failed years ago

With all respect, I disagree.

People who treat their horses harshly speak volumes of both their ability as horsemen...as well as about their own humanity.

I fired a blacksmith for going after a horse with the rasp....well beyond a correction - a beating. Not on my watch.

I have owned and shown horses for more than 40 years, and I've seen a lot. But whenever I see someone rip their horse's head off...I know they are a failure - in the barn and in life.

Hard work. Patience. Discipline. Lather, rinse, and repeat.

Losing your temper because you can't figure out how to fix a problem is an advertisement of one's lack of ability.

And poor behavior tends to bleed into other areas, so not a stretch to think if he was rough with his horses....

Also, he sure is sounding like a spoiled brat that could use a well-placed kick in the *advertiser censored**.

Hi there,

It all makes sense, but your post implies Kelsey is alive.

I should add that if she did willingly leave Colorado, she probably didn’t intend to be gone for so long. Something had to have happened to her for her not to return to her daughter. But you’re right, she may have never left Colorado. But her phone definitely did. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500