AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m guessing some of the new photos found online are being pulled from the phones ?? Or her friends?? The difference is kinda striking... I would say early photos look like grade schooler... recent photos look like teen about to drive.. if she’s alive they need new photos or your gonna walk past her..
See, I think she still looks like a preteen here. IDK There's a filter on one obviously, but I agree the main photo they've used all along was a very inaccurate photo IMO.

I don't know enough to know if there is any such think as a poll here, would be nice to be able to do a poll on the firearm without having to show who answered how. I am hesitant to type what I really think because of revealing too much about myself in the process.

I’m guessing some of the new photos found online are being pulled from the phones ?? Or her friends?? The difference is kinda striking... I would say early photos look like grade schooler... recent photos look like teen about to drive.. if she’s alive they need new photos or your gonna walk past her..
good point. that third one especially looks quite different.

would someone be so kind as to remind me what the most recent photos of her are? i thought i had read that there were pictures taken at the birthday party she and Denise were at on the 14th...were those the pictures of her in the denim jacket, one smiling at the camera, the other looking away, taken from her side, not smiling?

what do you think about each regarding social status, economic status, effort and time to learn and maintain skill for each? likely more male or female, not think a absolute one sex could or could not, just likely over the other and not to just own or be able to use, but chosen for this crime and the situation of this crime?

do we think the FBI keeps any records of previously used type and cal compared to personality? I think so, if not on paper then at least some kind of do in their head, just moo.

I thought about this for quite a while, these are compelling questions, but I don't have a great answer for any of them.

The gun owners I know are all across the board in terms of the variety of guns they individually own, regardless of social and economic status. And the 6 or 7 types of guns I've shot in my life I was able to get a basic handle on with brief instruction, and in this case, presuming everything happened at close range, learning marksmanship is kind of moot.

I will be absolutely shocked if a female perp is involved, but if that is the case I don't see any reason to think a woman would be that much more or less likely to use any of the listed weapons.

I doubt the FBI keeps records like that but it's a wild concept! I bet you're right that a lot of them do anecdotally recognize patterns in firearm type over time.

would someone be so kind as to remind me what the most recent photos of her are? i thought i had read that there were pictures taken at the birthday party she and Denise were at on the 14th...were those the pictures of her in the denim jacket, one smiling at the camera, the other looking away, taken from her side, not smiling?

yes I think the denim jacket ones you ask about are from party and the sparkley top wavy hair one is this year school picture if I understand correctly.

The more I look... what kind of patio door is that? I've been in and worked on hundreds - if not thousands - of homes, and I've never seen one like that. The left is a metal frame slider, but the rest doesn't make sense. Why is there a knob on the right (and why does it look like a deadbolt mounted outside)? Next to that is a doorbell. The whole thing looks odd.
nSrLBdL.jpg

Yes, those have been said to been taken at the birthday party.

The more I look... what kind of patio door is that? I've been in and worked on hundreds - if not thousands - of homes, and I've never seen one like that. The left is a metal frame slider, but the rest doesn't make sense. Why is there a knob on the right (and why does it look like a deadbolt mounted outside)? Next to that is a doorbell. The whole thing looks odd.
nSrLBdL.jpg

So jmo: one sliding screen door, slid to left (when looking at photo).

Behind that: one stationary glass door.

Door on right: door that swings in. Can be opened in nice weather and sliding screen can be moved to right to cover open spot.

Stain looks to me like long neglected, weather related slime? I think the door jamb leaked from the top down the door. Or maybe someone stained door and put it back up before it was dry. jmo.

Wow I am really starting to think both front door and this door were vulnerable for a lot of reasons.

And I’m not seeing anything that even remotely looks like a deadbolt? Help me out there. That door latch looks super basic. Idk.

We had a doorbell on back (side) door of house when I grew up...Midwest. FWIW. OT but this photo makes me sad for a lot of reasons.

moo.

Last edited:
I thought about this for quite a while, these are compelling questions, but I don't have a great answer for any of them.

The gun owners I know are all across the board in terms of the variety of guns they individually own, regardless of social and economic status. And the 6 or 7 types of guns I've shot in my life I was able to get a basic handle on with brief instruction, and in this case, presuming everything happened at close range, learning marksmanship is kind of moot.

I will be absolutely shocked if a female perp is involved, but if that is the case I don't see any reason to think a woman would be that much more or less likely to use any of the listed weapons.

I doubt the FBI keeps records like that but it's a wild concept! I bet you're right that a lot of them do anecdotally recognize patterns in firearm type over time.
Glock 19x - female 40-ish
ETA: For defense purposes only, hope I never have to use IRL

Last edited:
nSrLBdL.jpg
Could it be that both the wood frame doors and the metal frame doors are sliders, but on 2 different tracks? The wood one is inside and the metal one is a storm sliding door, on the outside used when the weather is very cold?

ETA: I think the metal sliding storm door(s) can be replaced with a sliding screen door during warmer weather.

ETA2: I think Moonsies above description sounds more accurate than mine. Wood frame door does appear to be stationary, instead of a slider.

Last edited:
nSrLBdL.jpg

That does look odd... I could see myself installing wrong then paying someone to fix...

Looks like bolt on outside and second doorbell.. I could see second doorbell maybe if u rented room out at some point..

The bolt on wrong side is bizarre.. dunno..
Can’t think of reason really ...

So jmo: one sliding screen door, slid to left (when looking at photo).

Behind that: one stationary glass door.

Door on right: door that swings in. Can be opened in nice weather and sliding screen can be moved to right to cover open spot.

Stain looks to me like long neglected, weather related slime? I think the door jamb leaked from the top down the door. Or maybe someone stained door and put it back up before it was dry. jmo.

Wow I am really starting to think both front door and this door were vulnerable for a lot of reasons.

And I’m not seeing anything that even remotely looks like a deadbolt? Help me out there. That door latch looks super basic. Idk.

We had a doorbell on back (side) door of house when I grew up...Midwest. FWIW. OT but this photo makes me sad for a lot of reasons.

moo.
Yep. I'm a Midwester, too. We had a rear doorbell, but I've just never seen (or noticed) one next to a patio door. The knob on the right is a knob. I just wasn't expecting to see something like that on a patio door. There are deadbolt latches that look like that, only about 1/4 that size. I didn't realize at first that the slider was a screen. It is, indeed. Maybe this is all irrelevant anyway.

And the goop on the right? That's curious. It's on the outside, and if you look at the bottom it looks to have reacted with the weatherstrip and 'melted' some of it down the wood. I have no idea...

Glock 19x - female 40-ish
ETA: For defense purposes only, hope I never have to use IRL

I can do this style of saying...

female, nearing 50, rem 870 pump 12ga waterfowl as go to favorite. I like the room for error. I like the lower end cost if I lay it down in wet grass.

edit to add, I also hope never on human, farm use but would use for home defense if needed to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaye 502