AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
October 15, Barron WI: Sunrise 7:23 AM, Sunset 6:22 PM.

Right, so civil twilight (which is when it actually gets dark, about 30 minutes after official sunset) would have been around 6:50pm on that day. That narrows it down to about a 12 hour window (7pm-7am) when there would be a good amount of darkness to commit the crime.

A perp would probably also want to wait until the traffic on the road was minimal. Traffic counts show about 2-3 cars per minute at 8pm, and it slowly goes down after that. The lowest traffic counts for that area of Highway 8 are between midnight-3am. Less than one car per minute during that time period.

Basically if the perp wanted to do it in the dark of night with the fewest possible witnesses it would be done between midnight and 3am. And the closer to midnight the longer that would potentially give for a getaway if 911 was not called.

https://i.imgur.com/QtWMrHw.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/QtWMrHw.jpg
Satellite dish on roof. Does not mean they were currently using it though. Great pic of back of the house either way.
Hey all, first post here but I’ve been following this from the beginning. What a terrible and perplexing story.

So I’ve been a Telecom/Utility Engineer for some 30-odd years, from installs to infrastructure and a year or so in the monitored home security (alarms) biz. I’m also quite familiar with northern Wisconsin. After seeing the image that Mistermagoo posted (the first I’ve seen with a clear view of the rear of the house), I wanted to share a few thoughts about some speculation I’ve read here.

About a hundred pages ago, it was mentioned that this house was a manufactured/modular home. It is not. This is a standard stick frame construction on a cinder block ‘walk-out’ type basement foundation. Actually, it’s more of a hybrid walk-out, as there’s no direct passage from the enclosed basement (to the left - or east - in the photo) to the outside. There’s likely a door between it and the garage portion (to the right - or west).

Based on the info of the panty thief thing, Jayme’s bedroom would be the upper left two windows in the photo. Her parent’s bedroom is likely the one window on the upper right. The bathroom would be the smaller raised window. The large double window is likely an open area to the rest of the house, possibly where the stairs to the basement are. I don’t know that any of this is directly relevant to anything.

Now, as to telecom - There is no Cable TV service available to this property. CenturyLink does offer ADSL here. ADSL utilizes up to 4 twisted pairs of copper from a fiber node as opposed to a single twisted pair with DSL. The terminal is in front of the house (it’s the 3’ tall light green enclosure seen on front images just to the rear of the ditch). As for the dish, the one on this house is most likely a receiver - or TV only - dish. An internet dish is a different beast entirely, even though they look similar. It would be unusual for a single-dish install to not be TV. Also the exterior wiring leads to multiple locations, whereas an internet dish would only require one line to the nid/router. In this photo, both bedrooms and possibly the basement have feeds.

There is also a cell tower about 1000’ behind the home. 4-bar 4G service should be a given here. I guess the point is that there’s TV and internet availability at this address. Personally, I don’t think this has much to do with what happened.

Interestingly, if you look closely at the photo, there is a flood light mounted on the upper left corner of the house under the soffit. It looks to be pointed toward the deck. I don’t know what that means, but I do wonder what lights were on (if any) when the police arrived.

Bah. None of this tells us where Jayme is…

Then I agree and will delete my posts.
Just an FYI, I have read it on other sites also. I have also read things on other sites before they were posted here and by all means, they turned out true. But I have also read many more things that turned out to be rumors and were never true. The one great thing about this website is that people work pretty hard to find sources and links for these kind of things, so if it is true I am pretty confident someone on here will find a source.

Gotcha... my idea was less about quick dial 911... more about once u dial 911. Have phone automatically turn on all cameras and mic and upload the next 5 min of everything to the cloud... u can delete it later...also turn camera/mic on blindly so perp wouldn’t be the wiser... even if he picks phone up ..

If that’s an app it should be moved to standard phone feature...
Cameras and mic would be a great idea. Perps would be recorded as they commit crime. I like that. They probably haven't done it because it would be violating the criminals rights or some legal non-sense. jmo

Hey all, first post here but I’ve been following this from the beginning. What a terrible and perplexing story.

So I’ve been a Telecom/Utility Engineer for some 30-odd years, from installs to infrastructure and a year or so in the monitored home security (alarms) biz. I’m also quite familiar with northern Wisconsin. After seeing the image that Mistermagoo posted (the first I’ve seen with a clear view of the rear of the house), I wanted to share a few thoughts about some speculation I’ve read here.

About a hundred pages ago, it was mentioned that this house was a manufactured/modular home. It is not. This is a standard stick frame construction on a cinder block ‘walk-out’ type basement foundation. Actually, it’s more of a hybrid walk-out, as there’s no direct passage from the enclosed basement (to the left - or east - in the photo) to the outside. There’s likely a door between it and the garage portion (to the right - or west).

Based on the info of the panty thief thing, Jayme’s bedroom would be the upper left two windows in the photo. Her parent’s bedroom is likely the one window on the upper right. The bathroom would be the smaller raised window. The large double window is likely an open area to the rest of the house, possibly where the stairs to the basement are. I don’t know that any of this is directly relevant to anything.

Now, as to telecom - There is no Cable TV service available to this property. CenturyLink does offer ADSL here. ADSL utilizes up to 4 twisted pairs of copper from a fiber node as opposed to a single twisted pair with DSL. The terminal is in front of the house (it’s the 3’ tall light green enclosure seen on front images just to the rear of the ditch). As for the dish, the one on this house is most likely a receiver - or TV only - dish. An internet dish is a different beast entirely, even though they look similar. It would be unusual for a single-dish install to not be TV. Also the exterior wiring leads to multiple locations, whereas an internet dish would only require one line to the nid/router. In this photo, both bedrooms and possibly the basement have feeds.

There is also a cell tower about 1000’ behind the home. 4-bar 4G service should be a given here. I guess the point is that there’s TV and internet availability at this address. Personally, I don’t think this has much to do with what happened.

Interestingly, if you look closely at the photo, there is a flood light mounted on the upper left corner of the house under the soffit. It looks to be pointed toward the deck. I don’t know what that means, but I do wonder what lights were on (if any) when the police arrived.

Great insight based on your first hand knowledge. Thank you.

Ok, you guys convinced me a page or two ago that someone hearing the shots didn’t matter. It was such a quick hitting smash and grab it didn’t matter if a hundred people called 911. It was accounted for. So, I’ll quit obsessing over why he didn’t spend 30 min making a suppressor.

Something else I keep going back too, and I’m not sure if I remember all this accurately, correct me if not:

The house is about a mile out of town.
The city P.D. was the first responder.
Response was four minutes after the call.

Now, Barron is about twice as big as my town in population, so probably about that in area (I have no idea though how towns are laid out in Wisconsin). Anyway, that would put it a couple miles across or so. Assuming it’s relatively the same there as here, the Barron P.D. is sitting somewhere close to center of town by the hiway, or driving around town somewhere (I leave for work at 2am, he is the only car I see) I guess my point is, depending on where in town he was when the call comes in, response time is somewhere between 1 and 4 minutes... It was four.

I too am in the utilities biz and I agree 100% on your layout of the house. Left side of the house ( looking at the back ) bedroom fits perfectly with creepy underwear thief saying that he entered the house through the patio door and immediately came across Jayme's bedroom to the right.
Here are more pics
Imgur

I’m guessing some of the new photos found online are being pulled from the phones ?? Or her friends?? The difference is kinda striking... I would say early photos look like grade schooler... recent photos look like teen about to drive.. if she’s alive they need new photos or your gonna walk past her..

Attachments

• F858E7D9-D9A1-47DD-AF09-AFA9F6ACCF00.jpeg
    F858E7D9-D9A1-47DD-AF09-AFA9F6ACCF00.jpeg
    84.4 KB · Views: 211
  • E45644D3-8EEB-4C99-B47C-26AFDD27DEBB.jpeg
    E45644D3-8EEB-4C99-B47C-26AFDD27DEBB.jpeg
    88.8 KB · Views: 256
  • 5B169D80-15F3-404D-BE24-6F7A577FBAD0.jpeg
    5B169D80-15F3-404D-BE24-6F7A577FBAD0.jpeg
    91.3 KB · Views: 211
I too am in the utilities biz and I agree 100% on your layout of the house. Left side of the house ( looking at the back ) bedroom fits perfectly with creepy underwear thief saying that he entered the house through the patio door and immediately came across Jayme's bedroom to the right.
Here are more pics
Imgur

I knew he said it was on the right, I don't recall "immediately"? I guess that answers that question. :)

Here are more pics
Imgur

Thank you! Good pics.

Anyone know what these white pipes and black/dark colored lines on the backside of the house are? upload_2018-12-18_19-5-46.png

Thank you! Good pics.

Anyone know what these white pipes and black/dark colored lines on the backside of the house are? View attachment 160553
I have no idea what the capped PVC pipes are. Creative engineering, I guess. The lines to the ground from that same spot down are for the central air. The box is the A/C breaker. The horizontal dark lines are rg-6 coax (TV). To the right of all that looks like the main from the propane tank that's in the back yard.

I’m guessing some of the new photos found online are being pulled from the phones ?? Or her friends?? The difference is kinda striking... I would say early photos look like grade schooler... recent photos look like teen about to drive.. if she’s alive they need new photos or your gonna walk past her..

Thank you for posting those photos. I have said they need to update the widely distributed photo that accompanied the Amber alert. In that photo she does not look 13. In these more recent photos she looks completely different. Not just older, but different facial expressions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pechi_eupa