GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #67

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Nancy! I remember the days of Nancy Grace nightly rants watching this clip. She got in a nice little, "Dr. Phil though, wait, hold on a moment... NK should not feel THAT special." Lol. Although then she went on about how CW was seeing other people on Tinder. But it was such a Nancy Grace golden years flashback.
Is there a link to the whole show? I couldn't watch, still busy getting ready for the movers tomorrow. TIA!

Apparently NK is under witness protection and changing her name

Killer Chris Watts' mistress 'is in witness protection' | Daily Mail Online

"Said it would be hard for her to go out in public 'for years' due to threats
Chris Watts' mistress is in witness protection hundreds of miles from home and will be given a new name and identity, it has been reported. "
That is so dumb. All she needs is a makeover! Change your hair and makeup and name, not that hard! Will she have to like not see her family ever or?

That is so dumb. All she needs is a makeover! Change your hair and makeup and name, not that hard! Will she have to like not see her family ever or?
I remember from one of the document dumps a series of texts between NK and a detective and even then they were talking about setting up witness protection...

I did read that about NK entering witness protection. If true, how is that not kept, oh I don't know, confidential? The whole thing is so bizarre, especially after the whole Glamour shots photo shoot. But I will be thrilled if she just goes off somewhere to quietly live her life.
Right? I don’t know if I believe these reports.

Dr. Phil did a show a couple of years ago about Steven Avery and his (at the time) girlfriend. The show was interesting because Dr. Phil dove right into the topic of this disorder called hybristophilia.

Prison Brides: ‘Hybristophilia’ And Women Who Fall In Love With REALLY Bad Boys

“Hybristophilia” is a recognized psychiatric condition in which a person—usually a woman—experiences strong sexual desire for a man known for crimes that society considers repulsive.

Hybristophilia - Wikipedia

Hybristophilia is a paraphilia in which sexual arousal, facilitation, and attainment of orgasm are responsive to and contingent upon being with a partner known to have committed an outrage, cheating, lying, known infidelities, or crime—such as rape, murder, or armed robbery.

Many high-profile criminals, particularly those who have committed atrocious crimes, receive "fan mail" in prison that is sometimes amorous or sexual, presumably as a result of this phenomenon. In some cases, admirers of these criminals have gone on to marry the object of their affections in prison.

‘Common Characteristics Among Women Who Fall In Love With People In Prison’ | Dr. Phil

In the video above, Dr. Phil shares four common characteristics of women who fall in love with men in prison:

Damaged – mentally, physically, emotionally
Fantasy – They tend to approach these situations as though the love is fantasy-based.
Cinderella -- Cinderella aspect to this love.
Rationalize – They rationalize the other person’s behavior.

In addition, Dr. Phil says there’s one more characteristic: hybristophilia.

“There is a category of women who are attracted to men that involve danger – men who are in prison, men who commit crimes,” Dr. Phil says. “It adds an element of that bad boy excitement.”

Marrying a Murderer: Why Women Fall for Men Behind Bars

For Sheila Isenberg, who interviewed female hybristophiliacs for her book, Women Who Love Men Who Kill, one of the reasons for choosing to be with a man in prison is the fantasy element of it all, along with having control.

"If you are in a relationship with a man behind bars for life or a man on death row, then you have a lot of control over the relationship," she wrote. "You can decide when to make the visit, when to accept the phone call, or if you will accept the call, and you are that man's primary link with the outside world. So as you can clearly see it's a very powerful position to be in."

Dr. Michael Aaron, a sex therapist and the author Modern Sexuality, told Vice, "So there's two parts to [hybristophilia]--there's that taboo danger part to it, and there's this hyper-masculine aggressive part that could be very appealing to some women."

Basically, some women are able to act out their fantasies with these dangerous men in a safe, controlled environment, as part of the draw for them is the alpha-male or "bad boy" nature of the imprisoned man. It's a quality that even non-hybristophiliacs can be drawn to.

Exactly! She doesn't look a thing like those newspaper glamour shots/pics. Just go back to her regular looks and she will be completely unrecognizable. She does not have a very distinct look. And she has looked completely different in different pictures - from the glamour shots, the pictures in the discovery document, and the few random social media pics of her that different MSM sites published - she doesn't even look like the same person. If I walked into any gym and she was there, I don't think she would even register on my radar - she's a dime a dozen. (Well until she opens her mouth.) But really, she will be JUST fine.

The Dr. Phil episode was pretty good. They definitely went after some of the more "sensationalized" aspects of the case as per usual, and dwelled on some clips while missing some even better examples, but the overall analysis and family annihilator profile was spot on. Dr. Phil and all his guests had his number. (Even if they were a little fuzzy on a few case details.)

I doubt if she is in Witness Protection.

I think she probably got an offer from an admirer for some of her special skills
Somewhere in the second document dump there are text messages between NK and a detective. She tells him she already got a new job out of state. I think it took her all of three weeks to secure new employment, IIRC. This Witness Protection stuff is a bunch of garbage.

It's also reported in today's Daily Mail article:

Kessigner also told authorities in interview tapes that were obtained by DailyMail.com under a open records request that she had left the state of Colorado and started a new job.
MOO

Somewhere in the second document dump there are text messages between NK and a detective. She tells him she already got a new job out of state. I think it took her all of three weeks to secure new employment, IIRC. This Witness Protection stuff is a bunch of garbage.

It's also reported in today's Daily Mail article:

Kessigner also told authorities in interview tapes that were obtained by DailyMail.com under a open records request that she had left the state of Colorado and started a new job.
MOO
Getting a little advance publicity for her soon to be published book, although I can't imagine that she would have enough material for a book, unless she pads it with how wonderful she is.

Hello again everyone!

The Dr. Phil segment - didn't he say that CW broke the children's bones? If that is accurate, then I take his show with a grain of salt...
Just like 20/20 showing pictures of CeCe that weren't CeCe... :confused: That was a disappointing show.

NK in witness protection - I call shenanigans on that rumor. She isn't a witness. Perhaps I am mistaken, but I believe WP is to protect those who have or are going to testify against someone, not for people who are widely unpopular, thanks to the media. Casey Anthony was once quite loathed and she's out and about somewhere.

Dr. Phil did a show a couple of years ago about Steven Avery and his (at the time) girlfriend. The show was interesting because Dr. Phil dove right into the topic of this disorder called hybristophilia.

Prison Brides: ‘Hybristophilia’ And Women Who Fall In Love With REALLY Bad Boys

“Hybristophilia” is a recognized psychiatric condition in which a person—usually a woman—experiences strong sexual desire for a man known for crimes that society considers repulsive.

Hybristophilia - Wikipedia

Hybristophilia is a paraphilia in which sexual arousal, facilitation, and attainment of orgasm are responsive to and contingent upon being with a partner known to have committed an outrage, cheating, lying, known infidelities, or crime—such as rape, murder, or armed robbery.

Many high-profile criminals, particularly those who have committed atrocious crimes, receive "fan mail" in prison that is sometimes amorous or sexual, presumably as a result of this phenomenon. In some cases, admirers of these criminals have gone on to marry the object of their affections in prison.
Fascinating, I hadn’t heard of this before. In Australia you often see lovely looking girls/women out and about and associating with rough biker types. None of us could ever understand why, maybe we have the answer now.
Thanks for posting.

Hello again everyone!

The Dr. Phil segment - didn't he say that CW broke the children's bones? If that is accurate, then I take his show with a grain of salt...
Just like 20/20 showing pictures of CeCe that weren't CeCe... :confused: That was a disappointing show.

NK in witness protection - I call shenanigans on that rumor. She isn't a witness. Perhaps I am mistaken, but I believe WP is to protect those who have or are going to testify against someone, not for people who are widely unpopular, thanks to the media. Casey Anthony was once quite loathed and she's out and about somewhere.
I’ve just started listening and right at the start Dr Phil does say he (CW) had to break their bones to get them in this hole.....
I don’t recall any mention of broken bones on the autopsy report.o_O

I was a bit surprised by the former FBI profiler who contradicted herself a few times. She called CW a family annihilator (yep, correct) and narcissistic psychopath (Dr. Phil added “malignant“ on top of that). She also said psychopaths don‘t flinch when they take polygraphs (which is very true, they often pass them). Now, CW failed the polygraph big time to a point you didn‘t even need one because it was so very obvious he was lying.

She also said CW was soothing himself by rocking back and forth and crossing his arms. I can tell you first hand that a true psychopath does NOT need to sooth himself. LOL. There is nothing there to be soothed. They do not feel guilt, remorse, or shame, neither would they nervously lift their arms above their heads, or justify themselves when they feel cornered. True psychopaths are at their best when anyone else‘s world would crumble. They remain cool, calm, collected, charming. They certainly do not act like CW did, they‘d actually make fun of him. I can’t believe she put that bag of nerves CW on that spectrum.

IMO, MOO, JMO, and all that jazz.

Hello again everyone!

Yes it was stated on Dr. Phil bones were broken due to shoulder width and width of the tank opening. It was not stated in any report I saw that bones were broken. Yet I was shocked at the time that they were not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa