Identified! CA - Anaheim, WhtFem Skeletal 22UFCA, 15-19, off Riverside Fwy, Aug'87 - Tracey C Hobson

I asked DDP if they were especially excited about any of their current active cases, and they replied that they’re feeling very optimistic about Anaheim JD. Sounds like she might have her name back soon! ❤️

And she is only one of two cases (the other being John Clinton Doe) that Margaret has expressed particular optimism for. Looking very promising!!

DDP has identified this Jane Doe. It’s only prelim, but have confirmed she has been identified.
"The DNA Doe Project would like to announce the preliminary identification of “Anaheim Jane Doe” pending confirmation. We will share details as soon as we are able.
We appreciate those who choose to leave thoughtful and respectful comments. We do ask that commenters avoid making speculations or assumptions about the situation surrounding “Anaheim Jane Doe” or any of our Does. Please remember that her family is likely hurting during this difficult time, and may even read these comments.
We also ask that if someone feels that they are a legitimate family member of a Doe that they contact us privately, or contact law enforcement. We also routinely delete comments discussing the "real" names of potential Doe candidates. If you feel like you know the name of a Doe, please contact the authorities directly.
Thanks to all our generous DDP supporters for your ongoing encouragement."

Kudos to DDP for adressing those who behave completely inappropriate on social media whenever a Doe is identified. What a sad Christmas this must be for the girl formerly known as Anaheim Jane Doe's family and friends :'(

Last edited:
blaming the family of a Doe for her lengthy UID? My God, •••• I'm sorry to the grieving family.

"The DNA Doe Project would like to announce the preliminary identification of “Anaheim Jane Doe” pending confirmation. We will share details as soon as we are able.
We appreciate those who choose to leave thoughtful and respectful comments. We do ask that commenters avoid making speculations or assumptions about the situation surrounding “Anaheim Jane Doe” or any of our Does. Please remember that her family is likely hurting during this difficult time, and may even read these comments.
We also ask that if someone feels that they are a legitimate family member of a Doe that they contact us privately, or contact law enforcement. We also routinely delete comments discussing the "real" names of potential Doe candidates. If you feel like you know the name of a Doe, please contact the authorities directly.

Kudos to DDP for adressing those who behave completely inappropriate on social media whenever a Doe is identified. What a sad Christmas this must be for the girl formerly known as Anaheim Jane Doe's family and friends :'(

How bittersweet this news must be at Christmas. So glad for Anaheim, whoever she is, that she has her identity back. At long last her family knows her fate. I pray their burdens have been lifted knowing her final resting place and although this is not happy news for anyone, I pray it gives them peace this year to finally know. :(

DDP has identified this Jane Doe. It’s only prelim, but have confirmed she has been identified.

I guess my reply is a little too late but once again I would like to thank DNA Doe Project for their amazing work :)(especially a big shoutout to our fellow member Carl K who has been working on this case!) in giving our Jane Doe back her name so she can be once again reunited with her family. To whoever Anaheim Jane Doe is, may you finally Rest In Peace in heaven where you will be forever protected:(

DoeNetwork has even updated their page for Anaheim Jane Doe while we wait for the confirmation of her identification.

22UFCA

22UFCA - Unidentified Female
PENDING POSSIBLE IDENTIFICATION

(...)

Circumstances of Discovery
The victim's skeletal remains were discovered in the Santa Ana Canyon near the Riverside Freeway. She was located in a grassy area about 50 feet off the road, in an area 50 yards by 50 yards.

Searchers found handfuls of blond hair, but no clothes, pocketbook, or car keys.

An autopsy didn't reveal the cause of death, but defects in two ribs were found consistent with penetrating stab wounds.

She is believed to be a runaway.

The DNA Doe Project took on the case in 2018. The organization discovered a suitable match in November 2018 and is awaiting confirmation from law enforcement.

true, but at least her family has some answers. It must be terrible for them after all these years.

This photo of Tracey is more recent than the photo provided with the OCSD press release. This one was from 1983-84 - her Junior year photo at LaMirada High School.

The photo provided with the press release was from when she was much younger (no older than 13 years)
1693854726992.png

This photo of Tracey is more recent than the photo provided with the OCSD press release. This one was from 1983-84 - her Junior year photo at LaMirada High School.

The photo provided with the press release was from when she was much younger (no older than 13 years)
Tracey%20Corine%20Hobson.jpg
Your talent is second to none!

Tracey%20Corine%20Hobson.jpg
I am researching this case and was wondering about permission to use the above photos in a story? You all do amazing work. Thanks so much.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back