Found Deceased TX - King Jay Davila, 8 months, taken by a woman from the car, San Antonio, 4 Jan 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Jasmine Gonzales, is distraught and "wants this thing closed yesterday.""

More strange wording. "this thing"--distancing from what's actually happened.

"closed" -- not baby found yesterday, not solved yesterday, but 'closed'.

Oh my. I took that to mean "i want this over with"

"Forget about the child I just want the investigation to be over with."

This case does not sound like it will end well. I hope I am wrong.

A baby wearing only a onesie in cold weather?
Father parks away from the store front at the gas pumps even though he is not there for gas.
Father tells LE that they need to search the park.
Mother searches the park and finds a baby bottle.
Oh righty then.

Just my opinion...but could the woman be the paternal grandmother? Did something happen to him while in her care?
Also, the description of what baby was wearing was a blue onesie correct?

Attachments

• Missing_San_Antonio_baby_0_6595049_ver1.0_640_360.jpg
    Missing_San_Antonio_baby_0_6595049_ver1.0_640_360.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
A press conference was held by Police Chief William McManus about 30 minutes ago. I can’t figure out how to link it. My apologies. I just came across it on the News 4 San Antonio FB page.

"This was not a kidnapping. We believe the story of the kidnapping was made up to cover up foul play involving King Jay Davila."

SAPD has identified one suspect as the father's cousin.

STORY --> 8-month-old baby kidnapping staged, suspect arrested

Police: Father of missing infant staged kidnapping to cover up 'foul play'

San Antonio police believe the father of an 8-month-old infant who has been missing for nearly 72 hours staged a kidnapping with a cousin to cover up “foul play.”

Police Chief William McManus declined to elaborate on what he meant by “foul play,” but said Monday night the child, King Jay Davila, was never in the Dodge Dart that the father had left running while he entered a West Side convenience store parking lot on Friday evening.

So was King with the paternal grandmother when the "foul play" happened with the or with the father or mother? Why is the only arrest the cousin? Maybe King was with the cousin??? LE must have interviewed the paternal grandmother. ??? Poor sweet King...........

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought it looked like a baby could be in the car seat after enlarging video but I must admit, she carries it like it is empty.
In this video I think I do see a baby in the carrier. A live baby? Can't tell, looks very stiff to me.
If alleged kidnapping was staged and baby never in the Dodge Dart driven by Dad per LE , I believe it's likely anything sighted in carrier being carried by suspect was a doll. MOO

8-month-old baby kidnapping staged, suspect arrested

SAN ANTONIO — Police said the kidnapping of a 8-month-old boy was staged and the father's cousin was arrested in connection to the incident.
[...]
"This is a staged event like we said previously," said Police Chief William McManus. "This was not a kidnapping. We believe the story of the kidnapping was made up to cover up foul play involving King Jay Davila."

Police identified the person who stole the car as Christopher Davila's cousin, who was arrested and charged for an unrelated offense. McManus said another person dropped off the woman who took the vehicle about a block away from the gas station on an adjoining street.

Police believe King Jay Davila was not inside the vehicle at the time of the staged kidnapping. The car was found later nearby Rodriguez Park with the baby and keys missing.
[...]
Police are still looking for King Jay Davila and are asking for the public's help in the case. McManus said the police department will continue its search at Rodriguez Park.

ETA: Arrest docs are in process, and LE states more info will be released soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard