TX - King Jay Davila, 8 months, taken by a woman from the car, San Antonio, 4 Jan 2019

Discussion in 'Trials' started by GuyfromCanada, Jan 4, 2019.

1. GuyfromCanada

GuyfromCanada Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

San Antonio Police Department

SAN ANTONIO — The San Antonio Police Department needs the public help in locating an 8-month-old baby who was taken Friday night while inside of a car.

Police said 8-month-old King Jay Davila was taken inside his father's car on the 300 block of Enrique Barrera near Southwest 34th Street Friday night. The father drove into a gas station and parked, leaving the car running with the door open. A woman was walking down the street, hopped into the car and drove off with the baby in the backseat. Police have a lot of the incident on video.

The car was found nearby by Rodriguez Park with the baby and keys missing.

Police said they believe the father knew of the woman who drove off with the baby, and the story is not adding up. The father is being questioned and the mother appeared very distraught.

Authorities said they believe the incident is a set up.

The baby was last seen wearing a blue onesie and has a scratch over his left eye. Police ask you call 911 immediately if you find him.

Police: 8-month-old baby taken from father's car, missing

MsMarple, bluenoser, Niner and 30 others like this.
  2. chi123

chi123 Well-Known Member

Wow, if it’s a setup like LE believes this is one crazy story. Hopefully the child is OK and being cared for and the dad will tell them where he is.

3. dulcinea

dulcinea Well-Known Member

What a sweet face! And those feet!
    I'm trying to read between the lines. Is LE hinting that the baby was never in the car and the woman was in on a plan to steal the car, pretending the baby was inside? Or is LE suggesting the baby was indeed in the car and then taken from the car by the woman? It makes a huge difference in trying to locate this precious child.

4. 2Hope4

2Hope4 Well-Known Member

Of the many cases like this on here over the years, I don't think any of them were true. In the other cases, the baby was never in the vehicle. I'm thinking the same in this one. So sad.

5. KJ's Mamu

KJ's Mamu Well-Known Member

Call me cynical...but at first sniff it smells like a set up. Wonder if mom are dad are still together or if child disappeared while on visitation with dad?

6. LaborDayRN

LaborDayRN Well-Known Member

Oh no! These types of "abduction" stories always worry me. So many of them turn out to be stories told by parents who have to explain why a baby is suddenly missing. Does little King look like he has a bruise on the left side of his forehead in the above photo?

7. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

From above, BBM:

“Police said they believe the father knew of the woman who drove off with the baby, and the story is not adding up. The father is being questioned and the mother appeared very distraught.

Authorities said they believe the incident is a set up.“

8. Jovi Girl

Jovi Girl Active Member

Hoping and praying this little one is found safe.

9. insearchoflight

insearchoflight Well-Known Member

The video posted above states parents were estranged.

10. yrmfp

yrmfp .

11. yrmfp

yrmfp .

#BREAKING A San Antonio baby went missing in a car-jacking. The car has been found, the baby has not.

MsMarple, bluenoser, frisson and 15 others like this.
  12. yrmfp

yrmfp .

13. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

oh no.....so did Daddy hurt the baby and then needed a reason for baby to be missing?

Today has been a brutal day for adorable infants. A few of them were brutalized and/or killed by mommy and daddy in the past few days....it is alarming and disgusting...

14. Mauig’ma

Mauig’ma Well-Known Member

What an adorable lil guy. I pray he’s safe and can be reunited with his momma soon. So sad.

15. yrmfp

yrmfp .

San Antonio Police Department

Little King Jay Davila still has not been found. His father, Christopher Davila, will be charged with child endangerment. We are still trying to identifying the female suspect who took the car King was taken in from the 300 block of Enrique Barrera last night. She wearing a light colored hoodie and tan pants. This is still an active investigation and we are asking anyone with information to call us immediately.

16. meanmaryjean

meanmaryjean Verified RN (Pediatrics Specialty)

I'll be very surprised if the little one was even IN the car to begin with.
    He left the motor running AND the DOOR OPEN? Invitation much?
    And the baby is out in just a onesie? It's not that warm- overnight it was 40 in SA.

This stinks. Badly.

17. yrmfp

yrmfp .

I have the same feeling. I wonder how long dad or grandma had him.

18. Steelslady

Steelslady Justice for Kelsey

I'm confused. LE stated that they have a lot of this incident on video. Did they see the baby in the video in the car? Or do they suspect that this set up was to make it look like a kidnapping, and something happened to little King Jay before this scenario occurred. Praying the little guy is safe and sound somewhere- he is just precious!

I fear this may have a bad ending, unfortunately.

Something stinks in Denmark about this story. If LE is doubting his story, well, we all know the ending to most of these darlings that go missing.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
  19. yrmfp

yrmfp .

They've been blunt in saying they do not believe dads story so I really wonder if he had the baby in the car at all. Normally they dont say as much, as matter of factly, until the child is found unless they feel........ I'm not going to finish that sentence because I am praying that this is dad just being a jerk to mom.

20. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 #RememberingCupcake

The father called police moments after the abduction, police said. But as investigators questioned the father they immediately noticed discrepancies in his story.

McManus said Friday night that police believe the father knows the woman who took the baby and that the abduction was planned.

The vehicle was later found at Elmer and Arvil near Rodriguez Park, but the child was not inside.

McManus said that the mother and father are estranged from one another. Investigators believe the child is in danger because of the way the child went missing.

Police are asking anyone with information about Davila's abduction to call 911.

"We're asking anyone, if they know where that child is or if they have that child to call 911 and turn that baby back in to the mother," McManus said Friday. "If you don't do that, then you may very well implicate yourself into this kidnapping."

https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/l...earch-for-missing-13510661.php#photo-16728687