Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Family hopes billboard spurs word about missing Utah woman
Family hopes billboard spurs word about missing Utah woman

40097014_519385038510851_8764397357564428288_n.jpg

We have had a lot of female jogger abduction/murder cases lately. This could be a copy cat of The Mollie Tibbetts case, but if I were a bettin’ gal I would say this is a self directed disappearance.

Given the subject’s history, I believe she had enough of her rehab house and took off.

LE was likely able able to use the photos and video to rule out anyone following her, which would be fairly obvious in the remote trail areas. That doesn’t mean someone couldn’t have encountered her later in the run, but it makes it less likely.

I don’t think she left of her own accord - if she were planning to do so, she wouldn’t lead off with a run through challenging terrain (not to mention leaving everything behind). MOO.

I don't think she went purposely missing. Why go for a run then and leave her stuff behind? But in looking at a map of the park in relation to her rehab place, it was a fair distance. If she was really winded after the run could she have hitchhiked back to the facility and met with a stranger with ill intent? I think if she fell in the park she would have been found by now. I'm glad though they are still getting her picture out there.

Due to the sheer drop offs along the trail I'm not sure if ground searchers would be able to access places where she might have fallen. I know websites have "no running" info for the trail but I don't know if it was posted where she might have seen the caution.

So that’s about 34 minutes away. I wonder if it is.
After these many months and a hot summer, LE would likely not refer to it as a "body" but "remains" if it was someone who died back in February.

Wow I had never heard of this one. As a runner and a woman it gives me chills. And I am really surprised this didn't get more press. There are photos and footage of her out there. She left home at 9am and was seen on the wildlife cam in a closed part of the park at 1:30pm? She's a distance runner but that's a long run. What do they estimate her full distance was at 1:30pm? Or did she stop and rest for a while? Even long distance runners need some water and some type of energy source if they're looking at more than 10 miles, IMO.

My guess though is she slipped somewhere and fell or she got lost and hurt. If she was in an area that is not open or maintained through the winter, then there's a chance she ran into some sliding rocks (it was really warm in February and things were probably melting off - you can even see rocks on the ground in that pic).

The Justice Files: Search warrant indicates foul play involved in Jerika Binks disappearance

A confidential informant claimed foul play was involved in the disappearance of Jerika Binks.

Authorities in Utah county still consider the disappearance of Binks a missing persons case despite a search warrant that implies foul play. The search warrant was released publicly Wednesday by the courts.

In the search warrant, police stated that a confidential informant claimed an acquaintance told him "what do you do when your friend asks you to help hide a body?" The confidential informant said the acquaintance "did not say it was Binks' body but the informant knew from talking about (acquaintance) was referring to Binks."

The warrant said detectives met with the acquaintance, but he "denied ever saying that he helped hide a body."

"I have mixed feelings about it," said Suzanne Westring, Jerika's mother. "I am happy and I am also frightened for the reality of what could have happened to Jerika."

Westring said the tip appeared on their Facebook "Finding Jerika" and turned it over to authorities. She's not sure if the information is true or if someone is just trying to collect the reward being offered.

But she's grateful detectives continue to investigate those tips and that gives her hope.

A spokesman for the Utah County Sheriff's Office said they're not downplaying this latest tip but there ares some problems with it.

The search warrant ordered Facebook to turn over all messages, from Jerika's Facebook messenger account, including deleted messages.

addthis.png

Speaking of foul play - it is quietly believed that there is an active human trafficking ring here in Utah right now. Women in Jerika's age bracket have gone missing the most, followed by young tweens (boys and girls). The women who have gone missing in the last 3 years are between 21-25, usually single with no children, attractive and pretty. They usually go missing when running, out doing errands (like groceries or putting gas in the car), and are rarely ever dressed for weather in the cold months. Like they've just gone out for a bit and are planning on going home or to work after a quick stop somewhere.

Emilie Rains is one of these I've noticed. Emilie Rains

I do know that one of my friends was almost taken from her backyard while sunbathing this summer, by a man in black and a mask - but her dog got in the way and took a chunk out of his arm. The dog saved her; she was able to get into the house and call the police while the man got into a van. They were able to pull DNA from the dog bite, but he wasn't in the system.

She is in the same age bracket and has the same look as Emilie and Jerika - fit, attractive, single, no kids.

Any other patterns that have been seen? I've been monitoring the Utah Missing Persons page, and I've also seen flyers up in grocery stores and on poles with a couple of other women that aren't on the page. There's a dark haired woman I saw a poster for the other day, 23-years-old, not native to Utah. She went missing in the fall 2018, I believe. I'll try to find more information on her, maybe get a pic of the flyer when I'm out this week.

Speaking of foul play - it is quietly believed that there is an active human trafficking ring here in Utah right now. Women in Jerika's age bracket have gone missing the most, followed by young tweens (boys and girls). The women who have gone missing in the last 3 years are between 21-25, usually single with no children, attractive and pretty. They usually go missing when running, out doing errands (like groceries or putting gas in the car), and are rarely ever dressed for weather in the cold months. Like they've just gone out for a bit and are planning on going home or to work after a quick stop somewhere.

Emilie Rains is one of these I've noticed. Emilie Rains

I do know that one of my friends was almost taken from her backyard while sunbathing this summer, by a man in black and a mask - but her dog got in the way and took a chunk out of his arm. The dog saved her; she was able to get into the house and call the police while the man got into a van. They were able to pull DNA from the dog bite, but he wasn't in the system.

She is in the same age bracket and has the same look as Emilie and Jerika - fit, attractive, single, no kids.

Any other patterns that have been seen? I've been monitoring the Utah Missing Persons page, and I've also seen flyers up in grocery stores and on poles with a couple of other women that aren't on the page. There's a dark haired woman I saw a poster for the other day, 23-years-old, not native to Utah. She went missing in the fall 2018, I believe. I'll try to find more information on her, maybe get a pic of the flyer when I'm out this week.
saf712 - welcome to Websleuths and thanks for the good information! I remember Emilie's thread, NAMUS removed her name from the missing list late last year so most of us presumed she had been located. I'm glad your friend is OK - that had to have been so frightening. Here's a link to the State's current missing list. There may be some info on there to indicate trends. Missing Persons | DPS – Criminal Identification (BCI)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadMonique24
Back