Found Deceased UT - Jerika Binks, 24, American Fork, 18 Feb 2018

“It was common for Jerika to go running but she would always return back to the integrated recovery centre at a reasonable time. She voluntarily lived there for multiple reasons, for several months, and had been doing well with her treatment (exact issue unknown). She was known to occasionally leave the centre and meet with boyfriends. She used her Snapchat account to meet an individual approximately one week before she went missing, but that man was tracked down by detectives who determined that he was not involved in the case.”

It was a court-ordered drug rehab I believe.
It wasn't court-ordered or an actual rehab. She was in a sober living facility and was there voluntarily trying to better her life. I worked with her she always kept to herself but we all knew she started running to replace her addiction. She was late from every break but it was a bit refreshing because she would come in dripping sweat and you just knew she got so into her run she lost track of time and though she was quiet she would still share a small smile with you as a hello. I can't speak for everyone who worked with her but I can speak for myself in saying she really was an inspiration and still to this day is for me. I hope and pray she passed in peace and even though I didn't know her well her disappearance stuck with me and every one here there wasn't a public door or park you could enter without seeing her face on a poster reminding us all but it's not like we needed it.

What kind of treatment centre was this? My first thought was that this was a suicide, and the fact that she was at some sort of treatment facility only makes me more confident of that theory.
She was in a sober living home by her own choice. I worked with her and many others from the same facility. It's basically a halfway house with a bit more supervision to really help people not just back into the world but back into the world staying sober.

Aw man. I was afraid/hopeful it was her when I saw the LE heading up. :(

I will be interested to hear if her family/friends believe this is an accident. Seems quite rugged for a simple run... but maybe that was normal for her?
As most previous addicts do she was replacing her addiction with something healthy. I worked with her and she would run on every one of her breaks and come in dripping sweat. If I remember correctly it was a bit of a warmer day for the end of winter and had been warming up and it was her day off so yeah it was pretty normal for her at that stage she had become a pretty avid runner/jogger

I just watched Jerika's story on True Life Crime on MTV which made me come look here for a thread on her. I have my DVR set to record that show. It looks like her story will be aired again Feb 9th (I have DirectTV so you'd have to see if other companies are airing it that day) if anyone wants to try to catch it.

It starts out interesting her disappearance and 3 weeks after filming was when she was discovered, so they follow up on that. They meet the lead detective and hike to the exact location she was found, so you can see it, and they theorize what happened - a fall resulting in two broken bones in her leg so she wouldn't be able to get to help, then the snowstorm that night likely froze her. So sad.

At the end, it states the medical examiner's report indicated that Jerika had multiple broken bones & no drugs in her system. Cause of death could not he determined.

Does anyone know the exact location where poor Jerika was found? The map shown on MTV's True Life Crime places her somewhere around these coordinates, an area that is approximately 850' above the canyon floor:

40.448053, -111.714088

Viewing that part of the ravine in Google Earth on aerial photos from 6/2017, 9/2018, and 7/2019, the 2018 photo shows something there that is not present in the pre and post photos. Maybe it's just some funky shadows caused by the rocks in the area.

Attachments

• Aerial 2017-06.jpg
    Aerial 2017-06.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 27
  • Aerial 2018-09.jpg
    Aerial 2018-09.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 30
  • Aerial 2019-07.jpg
    Aerial 2019-07.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Looking at StreetView's photo sphere images, someone (Shauna's Adventures) did hike up that ravine at least half way to where Jerika was found, in March 2018, the following month of Jerika's disappearance. Is that ravine used by hikers heading to the top of that peak to the north? Jerika made it about 1/3 to the peak. I know it was reported that people do not hike up there, but who knows.

Looking at StreetView's photo sphere images, someone (Shauna's Adventures) did hike up that ravine at least half way to where Jerika was found, in March 2018, the following month of Jerika's disappearance. Is that ravine used by hikers heading to the top of that peak to the north? Jerika made it about 1/3 to the peak. I know it was reported that people do not hike up there, but who knows.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cricketcms
Back