Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
“J.L.C. stated she heard a gunshot and knew her father had just been killed. J.L.C. stated her mother had her cell phone with her and used the phone to call 911. J.L.C. stated Patterson broke down the bathroom door and told her mother to hang up the phone. J.L.C. stated Patterson told her mother to put tape over J.L.C.’s mouth, which her mother did, and then Patterson shot her mother. J.L.C. stated both her mother and father were shot one time.”

http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/jayme+closs+complaint.pdf

He shot her mother right in front of her :(

“Deputy Fick reports that, while in route to the residence, he observed a vehicle that was maroon in color and what he believed to be an older style vehicle. Deputy Fick reports that, based on his training and experience, the vehicle appeared to him to be an older Ford Taurus or similar vehicle. As the vehicle was traveling east on U.S. Hwy. 8, Deputy Fick reports he was traveling west on U.S. Hwy. 8, just west of the City of Barron. Deputy Fick reports the vehicle he observed was the lone eastbound traveling vehicle he encountered. Deputy Fick observed the vehicle yield to himself and other deputies responding to the scene. Deputy Fick reports he was unable to see a front license plate and observed a black bracket in the front middle of the bumper. Deputy Fick reports he observed grey or silver trim on the vehicle.”

http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/jayme+closs+complaint.pdf

I thought it was officially reported early on that no vehicles were seen on the road by LE?

And why was THIS description never made public? Odd.

This just blows my mind...BBM :confused::eek:

Andrea Albers on Twitter
More from the complaint: Patterson told investigators he put #JaymeCloss in the trunk of his car and drove off. Patterson said he had to pull over to allow squad cars to pass him – just 20 seconds after leaving the home with Jayme.

I have to believe this case has been difficult for the dispatcher who took the call. She has nothing to be ashamed of for her actions on the call but this info will sting. Damn.

From the complaint:
the decision was made to immediately remove J.L.C. from the area for her safety. Deputy
Carey reports that Deputy Dittbrender drove J.L.C. away in her squad car with Sgt. Engelman
following in his squad car. Deputy Carey and Sgt. DeRosia remained at the Kasinskas
residence.

Deputy Dittbrender reports that, as she was traveling along the western side of the loop of
Claire Acres Circle northbound to County Hwy. Y, she observed a vehicle approaching
eastbound on Hwy. and then turn south onto Claire Acres Circle as Deputy Dittbrender
approached the intersection. Deputy Dittbrender observed the vehicle was red in color and
possibly either a Kia or Ford as the vehicle passed her. Deputy Dittbrender reports she asked
J.L.C. if that was Patterson?s car and J.L.C. stated she didn?t know. J.L.C. indicated that she
thought his car was a Ford, and that he also had other cars. Deputy Dittbrender reports she
notified Sgt. Engelman and Sgt. Derosia of the red car she had just passed.

That was very clos. Lucky he wasn't armed at that point.

I'm with you. A lot of thoughts of "due process be damned! Someone kill him! Quick!"

It's hard not to have those feelings reading this stuff.
Ohhh gitana1 lol This is why I am not in LE. I have so much respect for them...they have restraint...I could not handle it :/ Especially when it comes to someone hurting children. But my bark is bigger than my bite
MOO

This just blows my mind...BBM :confused::eek:

Andrea Albers on Twitter
More from the complaint: Patterson told investigators he put #JaymeCloss in the trunk of his car and drove off. Patterson said he had to pull over to allow squad cars to pass him – just 20 seconds after leaving the home with Jayme.

20 seconds...ugh. One of those times you wish there would have been a movie-like moment where his car wouldn't have started right up.

This story does not add up for me. I understand that there have been random kidnappings before, but a guy with a relatively light record, coming at 1 AM from 70 miles away and randomly targeting Jayme Closs for kidnap and brutally killing her parents in the process...it doesn't make sense to me. There has to be a connection.

Interested in theories some of you may have.

This is my first time posting on Websleuths, but I have been reading for awhile now.
This a link to our local news story about it, it says he saw her getting on/off a school bus. Complaint: Suspect in Closs case confessed to killings, kidnapping

Jamie Perez on Twitter
CRIMINAL COMPLAINT IN THE #JAYMECLOSS case: deputies describe condition they walked in on (WARNING: disturbing description)

Dw5S9K-WsAAcn_b.jpg
Does anyone have a copy of the actual complaint?

I honestly never thought of it- perps can follow school buses and pick out a kid and know the child lives. Who thinks of this stuff?!! All these years we have worried about them being picked up on their walk to or from School or while waiting for the bus.
It's not unusual for school bus drivers in my school district to call dispatch with a vehicle description if that vehicle seems suspicious.
e.g. A vehicle that follows the bus but never passes.

I am also stunned by what I read. WTH was his long term plan for her?

After reading that criminal complaint, I don't think he had any long term plans for her. He enjoyed planning her kidnapping, enjoyed killing her parents, enjoyed terrorizing her, and enjoyed feeling like he controlled her.

My guess is after that the thrill of controlling her wore off, he would have killed her, eaten breakfast, and started planning another kidnapping.

I also wouldn't be surprised if he feels anything at all right now, it includes being furious at Jayme for escaping his control.

He went to their home with a shotgun. That means he intended to murder the parents. So from the get-go it was a murder plus abuduction. Kill the parents and maybe the police will stop looking. Or just kill the parents and traumatize the victim into compliance.

I may seriously throw up. Oh, God. Their last moments... How terrifying. I honestly don’t know how Jayme stood it. Hearing the sirens as they left. Soooo close. She has the heart of a lion. I can’t stop crying. It’s even more hideous than I had thought. Dear God, JP REALLY IS the devil.:(

but why wasn't that a vehicle of interest?! omg.
That is what I am thinking. THANK GOD SHE WAS ABLE TO HELP HERSELF AND GET OUT ALIVE!!!!!!
EVERYTHING
that happened was at one point or another brought up as a theory right here on WS. Imagine if they would have shared info? I'm not saying that any of us would have found her but my god, there was never any mention of a red Taurus. And supposedly they saw it, or something like it within the first 4 minutes of the crime, ON THE WAY TO THE CRIME SCENE. 88 days of asking the public for help. HELP WITH WHAT??

Thanks for posting all these, PommyMommy. In the first line, "Closs" should be "Patterson", if you still have time to edit :)
Thank you, will see if I can edit although I think it's the author's error... Dang no proofreadin', no fact checkin' writers. Ugh.

ETA: Missed the window to edit by 6 minutes. (sigh)
This a link to our local news story about it, it says he saw her getting on/off a school bus. Complaint: Suspect in Closs case confessed to killings, kidnapping
Welcome to Websleuth's my2babyblues! :)

I was thinking the pics were taken after the crime scene was released and all the evidence markers were removed. It's possible a local took them and sold them or reporter but I don't think they were leaked. I felt a couple of the pics looked like things were arranged. JMO

If the pictures were taken at some other time, who would take such ugly pictures? Weird!

They could be from March because of St. Patrick’s day, I would think things in the basement would be taken especially in the bedroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes