Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
My question is not why the Taurus wasn't stopped en route to the scene. I would never expect that to have happened. They didn't even know they were driving into a double homicide/abduction yet.

But I do question the choice to not give out the car details to the public. It could have been released at the same time as the two other cars they were asking about. Perhaps it would have been enough for one of the neighbors living near him to go "Hmm, that guy down the street drives a car like that." We will never know, obviously. The ONLY reason I can think of to not reveal this car description is if they had a pretty good inkling it may be the perp's and were worried about him harming Jayme if the car descrip was released, as someone earlier said. So my next question is--were they trying to track down leads of this kind of car behind the scenes/privately?
I agree and I will post again the same thing I said an hour ago
That is what I am thinking. THANK GOD SHE WAS ABLE TO HELP HERSELF AND GET OUT ALIVE!!!!!!
EVERYTHING
that happened was at one point or another brought up as a theory right here on WS. Imagine if they would have shared info? I'm not saying that any of us would have found her but my god, there was never any mention of a red Taurus. And supposedly they saw it, or something like it within the first 4 minutes of the crime, ON THE WAY TO THE CRIME SCENE. 88 days of asking the public for help. HELP WITH WHAT??

Foxfire would be livid.
I am.....seemed like 2 plus 2 might equal 4. It was the only vehicle they passed. It would seem more than likely it was involved.
If the public had been notified someone from the cheese factory might have even said, "oh yeah. That weird dude Jake that only worked here for 2 days drives a car like that."

I previously commented on this - no charges were sealed, only the probable cause statement, which is different.

It was initially listed under charges. I was discussing via text with a friend and copied "SEALED BY 1/14/19 Court Order" that was listed under the new 4th burglary charge. However, it's moved and no longer listed there but is listed as a sealed probable cause statement.

Might explain some people confusion of WS'ers. Likely a error on the part of whomever was inputting that has since been corrected.

Do a google search for "bail bondsman" in Wisconsin. There are dozens listed.

The state may not offer surety bonds but private lenders can. (How to Post Bail in Wisconsin: 5 Things to Know - Stuck in Jail)

"10 Percent surety bond – The surety is not a bail bond agent, but instead is an adult 21 and older willing to help the defendant – most often a relative or close friend. For a $100,000 bond, for example, the defendant or individual surety pays $10,000 in cash to the court. Much of the money is returned, similar to a cash bond, making a surety bond without the help of a bail bond company a more affordable way for a defendant to get out of jail. Any individual surety can expect to prove he or she is financially solvent."

"The cost of a pre-trial release from jail is lower in a state such as Wisconsin with no private bail bond industry. The 10 to 20 percent that bail bond agents charge around the country is not an issue for defendants in Wisconsin. Instead, the cost need not be more than 10 percent of the bail – with much of that returned if the defendant shows up for all court hearings. A cash bond can be more expensive initially, but again, much of the money given to the court is returned when the defendant follows all release stipulations."

Further explanation at link. Can you tell I've had to bail people out?

I'm not seeing anything that shows private bail bondsmen that can offer actual money for commercial profit. The agencies I have found are people who appear to be paid by client to work with the state to craft a bail plan. Otherwise, the Bondsmen links are all private houses. But for profit bail bondmen is not legal in WI. So I;m not sure how they work that.

But more important, this is a cash only bail amount of 5 million. He has to come up with the entire thing. It's not eligible for any 10% surety bond.

I was just thinking that if J.’s mom hadn’t bravely made that 911 call, the perp may have gotten a day or longer head start...however long it would’ve taken for J.’s school &/or her parents’ employer to raise the alarm. Not sure if this matters in the long run, since there was apparently not much for LE to go on.

I read the report & I wish I hadn’t.

Wow, I am shocked to hear they were in attendance, I never would have expected that. I still have not come across any public statement "his" family has made regarding the allegations. United front maybe??? Poor Jakey has problems maybe????. I am being mean and cynical, I can only imagine what "his" parents and siblings are going through. I think Dennis Rader's family was shell shocked to learn the truth about their loved one, it may very well be the case for "his" family. Really, if it were my loved one charged with
Omg more. The tears.

Inside the Moment Jayme Closs Was Reunited with Family: 'Everyone Was In Tears of Happiness'

Jayme’s cousins all worked together to set up her room. They purchased a mirror along with a blue glass butterfly “because there’s this thing with my Aunt Denise…she loved butterflies,” Smith says. “And I got her a little glass figurine angel that is by her bed. Just little things that I think will always be there. My aunt loved butterflies and angels. So I think that was probably pretty fitting.”

Off topic.... That got me going as I said to my dogs when both passed please send me butterflies to let me know you are ok.. I have seen many.. Jayme was found on my birthday which was the best present for me... pleased she has this relationship with her aunt.. She looked after her like a second mum, never the same obviously but grateful for her xx

sometimes i hate the rush with media, etc. i have heard getting "on" the bus and i have heard getting "off" the bus. after working "two" days again in a town over an hour from Gordon...

I agree. It's hard to keep facts straight but there is quite a bit of confirming evidence in the criminal complaint pdf file:

"On his drive to the cheese factory on one of the two mornings he worked there, he had stopped behind a school bus on U.S. Hwy. 8 where he watched J.L.C. get on a school bus. The defendant stated he had no idea who she was nor did..."

From the pdf file "Criminal Complaint" / Jake Patterson

http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/jayme+closs+complaint.pdf

Well that may be true for the Wisconsin statutes, in this case, the Barron County prosecutor explicitly stated that the Douglas County prosecutor would be doing the investigative work to determine if there any charges related to activities in Gordon. That doesn't mean that the cases won't be consolidating in the future, but that the decision to charge out any crimes that may have been committed in the Douglas County area is deferred to that prosecutor.
I have seem them compiled into one case before. I have a relative that went on a mass robbery spree over time when he was still using. He had charges from Wood and Clark counties but the case was handled by one county.

Omg more. The tears.

Inside the Moment Jayme Closs Was Reunited with Family: 'Everyone Was In Tears of Happiness'

Jayme’s cousins all worked together to set up her room. They purchased a mirror along with a blue glass butterfly “because there’s this thing with my Aunt Denise…she loved butterflies,” Smith says. “And I got her a little glass figurine angel that is by her bed. Just little things that I think will always be there. My aunt loved butterflies and angels. So I think that was probably pretty fitting.”
Such nice people. And now I'm teary-eyed again....

I think there are people admiring this guy. Blech. But if he committed the "perfect" crime and didn't get caught, who would ever know? I kind of wonder if getting caught is acceptable because it does bring admiration. He seems to be sharing info rather easily and quickly.

jmo
I agree, it's like he is actually bragging about what he accomplished.

As a person who lived in the country and has grandchildren who live in the country, when it was stated that she has no online interaction with him, I thought about right away with cars having to stop for quite awhile with a school bus stop.

It is terryfying because in the country, the bus goes right to the child’s driveway and there are usually no other children.

There were people on here that were appalled that Jayme might have had a babysitter at her age. I wish she did.

After Jacob Wetterling was kidnapped, my kids never went home to an empty house at any age. I always has other arrangements.

Living in the country gives you a false sense of safety which is not accurate at all.

My neighbors installed all kinds of security when teen merh heads broke intp their house while they were at the funeral of their teen that had died in a car accident.

A babysitter would not prevent him from seeing her get on or off the bus. Unless she was transported to and from school by the babysitter. But he could still see her or another child at any of the myriad places I listed. Should we cover our girls Saudi style because of the exceedingly, astronomically rare chance something this bizarre and horrific could occur?

everything for awhile is going to be so hard for her. it just grabbed me that she was alerted that someone was coming in the drive by her little dog. I am sure the dog is a great comfort to her, but everytime it barks at night she may relive that moment.
It’s occurred to me that Mollie is probably a more edgy dog now. She did her job, alerting her owners, but she couldn’t save them. She barked continuously at the sheriff when he visited Jayme. I imagine Mollie will forever be suspicious of all strangers. One thing, though, at least her little girl who she saw dragged away came back to her. Poor little dog.

I kind of wondered if it was an intentional slight - to let him know he's a nobody. Not even worth remembering his name.

Actually, you could see a brief look of discontent on his face after the judge mispronounced his last name, he looked at his atty. and I believe commented something by watching his reaction. IMO,, he is cocky and self confident and it will be interesting to see what defense he chooses to present given he apparently wants to take the case to trial.

I agree there should be no bail, even if it is a remote chance he could make it, he has nothing to loose, even less than he did when he killed the parents. what do they think that a piece of papers with words would keep him from going after the family and lady that helped her when she escaped, her and the family she has left? I think setting bail at all discourages people in future cases to call in if they know anything.

@gitana1 (thanks as always for being here and answering questions), is there a chance the state might not pursue S.A. related charges in order to protect the victim’s privacy? In other words, why go through everything to try to prove this and get a conviction in those charges when murder charges and kidnapping will suffice to keep him behind bars for the rest of his natural life?

I don't believe so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member