Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, when LE came to where Jayme was at the K's home were they coming in with sirens blaring or undercover cars so as not to let the perp know they were there? I know one must have been in a police unit because they pulled JP over. But was it an undercover that went to the K's home?
ETA
Actually the undercover cars could have sirens on them too in order to pull him over.

Last edited:
Riveting - considering the killer could anywhere around the location of the people to who took Jayme in and called 911. The Dispatcher did a wonderful controlling adults, children, pets, cops and medics to rescue Jayme Kloss. W/out alerting the killer who was driving around and had previously been willing to shoot anyone if caught.

I totally agree.

The scariest thing about the news of her escaping was how so close he was to being able to find her and take her back in that home.

We have all seen horror movies where the monster gets back up to attack again (like Halloween). Her miraculous escape is truly amazing for the bravery she had to even attempt it. And then to be successful at it is just incredible. It so easily could have gone wrong.

Im so happy she is alive and well today. :)

I remain profoundly pleased that Jayme escaped.
Reading what is now public, it seems to me that LE and FBI failed.
The reason is pretty simple.
It appears that its just a coincidence that JP worked in Barron at Jennie-O all of 1 day. I'm not so sure it was a coincidence.
However, in the first 24 hrs of this case I would want a list of every employee for the past 5 years minimum. Within another 48 hrs I would have wanted that list cross referenced against the vehicle types spotted with WI license plate and registration records. Yes LE can get a list of all maroon (or similarly colored) Ford Tauruses, or the other vehicles. Since the Taurus was seen directly by LE enroute to the Closs home, that vehicle should have been high if not at top of the list. Just a guess... but I'd expect as many as 10,000 employees in 10 years. Less than 2% of cars are that color. So 200 cars and people at most. Then you can apply other statistical and profile factors to decide who you most likely to look at. Out of 200, 100 or so are men. This is something that could have been done in hours to minutes once the 2 lists were obtained, which should not have taken more than 2 days. Just based on that the list of 100 is rather small. How long would it take 1 investigator to narrow that list? Here on WS as we were profiling, I posted male late teens to 30's(most likely 20's), ex military and/or hunter and/or criminal. So I would have filtered those 100 by age,hunting license records, military records and criminal databases. Between that and age the list should narrow. Even if I alone had to dig into 100 people and figure out where they were on that night, it would not have taken more than a couple weeks. But, a few agents and advanced tools? That should have been narrowed within days to a handful of people. And that handful could have been under surveillance. And it does seem JP WAS prepared for that. How you could figure out that Jayme was hidden in there is another subject. But hands down I would have had his name on a list of 10 to 100 people within days if that Taurus was registered to him. And if LE saw the plate number they could have deduced that the vehicle spotted had stolen plates. Which means, someone should concentrate on that type vehicle. I would volunteer some of my time to the FBI for this type of case if they are too short handed to do that sort of basic task. Now, its possible they did have him on a list, but arent public about it. I hope thats the case. But 88 days is too long. If he never worked at Jennie-o it would have taken longer to narrow the list. But the fact is, he had worked there.

They did drop
Ball on car.... and your point is good.. just gimme list of all termed people last 5 yr... 80 a year. That’s 400. That’s a lot but most probably have quick alibis ..

In fairness to cops /fbi ... if percentages tell u 90 percent chance family or known acquaintances it’s hard to move away from that...

Plus he was not listed in car or house...they coulda gone through 50,000 Ford Taurus saw sisters name on. Title and said next car..
I don’t know... they were 30 seconds late ... and he’s beyond outlier.

I'm not an expert by any means, but I think it takes more than just being occasionally nice to the captive. I think brainwashing happens and the captive starts to identify with the purpose/motivation of the captor.

I don't see that happening with Jayme. She witnessed her parents' murders and I don't think anything would sway her from the horror of that, just my hunch.

But we know very little of what happened.

jmo

On the other hand, she IS just a child. When a victim is 100% dependent on another person for their food, ability to use the restroom, and whatever joy they have in their life then that can cause all kinds of psychological head stuff.

On other places I've seen people say that they don't think Jayme is "the kind of person" to become brainwashed or whatever. That sure is putting a lot on one little girl, though. She's brave, smart, and seems like a loving person but she's still just a human being-and a child at that. Stockholm Syndrome isn't about being weak or having some kind of flaw inside of you that makes you more susceptible to brainwashing.

If this had continued for years and Jayme had developed some kind of complicated feelings, that would have been totally fine and understandable. I'm a victim of trauma and in my support group we talk about how people said to us, "You'll get through this because you're strong." Though their intentions were good, for many of us it made us feel pressured to APPEAR strong on the outside because A) we didn't want to disappoint the people who thought we were doing well and B) we felt like showing emotions outside of happiness would make us appear "weak."

This isn't entirely relevant, of course, since Jayme managed to escape, but abduction cases are super complicated. It seems obvious that, after having watched her parents be murdered, Jayme wouldn't have developed any kind of psychological bond with her captor but we really don't know.

The article with the ex-gf said they hung out at the cabin. And there is the photo of him horsing around on the car outside the cabin.

I'm wondering if he had some friends at the house because of older brother's drug biz? Speculation, brainstorming only, not fact.

jmo
Well, what we know is that he SAID he went out.. We know he spent many hours at the relatives' on Thanksgiving.
Not a word about Christmas, I don't think.
We know from his mom now that he visited her as well, and she lives closer to the Closs house than his, I believe.

If other people were there, I'd say his dad, likely to bring him groceries and some cash for the week or maybe 2 weeks as Jayme said something about microwaved food so he might could go 2 weeks with frozen meals or canned stuff only.

Any other people? Maybe his brother or sister, if they live close, during the holidays.
Friends? What friends? Maybe a woodchuck near rigor mortis.

I think he just wanted her to be in isolation with the music playing for long periods of time. She never said she heard another person arriving, leaving or in between.

Also, it's not crucial to the " big picture" but IMO, that Monopoly game likely has thick dust and dead animal fur all over it. I don't think he played any Monopoly with Jayme. I'd give the odds as 95% against it knowing what has been released to date.
He didn't LIKE anyone, and probably hadn't since he was 12-13 with the one little gf his age that he freaked out.

It's always interesting to read completely opposite views from people on who this guy was. One friend says he had morals and was polite.
Context is everything.

A neighbor is going to see him very differently than a former high school classmate.

It also seems that he underwent a change after finishing high school.

On the other hand, she IS just a child. When a victim is 100% dependent on another person for their food, ability to use the restroom, and whatever joy they have in their life then that can cause all kinds of psychological head stuff.

On other places I've seen people say that they don't think Jayme is "the kind of person" to become brainwashed or whatever. That sure is putting a lot on one little girl, though. She's brave, smart, and seems like a loving person but she's still just a human being-and a child at that. Stockholm Syndrome isn't about being weak or having some kind of flaw inside of you that makes you more susceptible to brainwashing.

If this had continued for years and Jayme had developed some kind of complicated feelings, that would have been totally fine and understandable. I'm a victim of trauma and in my support group we talk about how people said to us, "You'll get through this because you're strong." Though their intentions were good, for many of us it made us feel pressured to APPEAR strong on the outside because A) we didn't want to disappoint the people who thought we were doing well and B) we felt like showing emotions outside of happiness would make us appear "weak."

This isn't entirely relevant, of course, since Jayme managed to escape, but abduction cases are super complicated. It seems obvious that, after having watched her parents be murdered, Jayme wouldn't have developed any kind of psychological bond with her captor but we really don't know.
I totally hear you, but I didn't mention anything about Jayme being strong in that post. I mentioned she witnessed her parents' murders and I don't think she would be in a place within 88 days to identify with the murderer of her parents. I don't think the Stockholm syndrome applies in this particular case.

Just my opinion, of course, and it's frankly not worth much on this particular topic as I'm far from an expert.

jmo

The Taurus was registered to his sister ...

Right. And if they'd traced it to his sister, they would've seen that none of her immediate family lived close to Jayme, or worked there, and had no logical connection to the Closses. My guess, though, is that after seeing who the car was registered to in the first place, they would probably have moved on from it and gone on to the next person on the list.

Another case keeping me up at night!

I have great sympathy for JPs parents, but I also wonder how they allowed their 21 yo son to live so isolated without a job paying for his housing (assuming Dad let him live at cabin rent free). I wonder who paid the utility bill? Who did his grocery shopping? I know the transition from childhood to adulthood is difficult for some, starts and stops are common, but the enabling being done to finance his parasitic lifestyle would allow this guy many isolated hours of the day to fill..seems like his sister gave /loaned him a car too...don’t see how this enabling served ANYONE well here.

At 21 I lived in a small apartment with 4 other roommates (ugh) and never had a moment to myself. !!! The contrast- I think it’s so odd to have a young adult living so isolated.....did he have any friends in real life that knew him?

The quotes from his classmates are interesting- but he could have changed a lot since he graduated in 2015.

JMO

Hi MsBetsy. Are you sure you quoted the post you intended? There most certainly is a charge for SA. In fact, if it occurred every day, it could be 88 charges of SA.
Oh, sorry, I haven't read much about Stockholm Syndrome but I was talking more about a situation in which the kidnapper psychologically manipulates the victim into being obedient and in turn the victim sometimes complies, in an effort to make the most of their situation in order to survive. Not necessarily completely brainwashed and eventually not considering themselves a victim. Which I guess is actually what the Syndrome is. Maybe I answered the wrong post since you said SA? I don't even remember the original post, but maybe I misread it! Imo

Right. And if they'd traced it to his sister, they would've seen that none of her immediate family lived close to Jayme, or worked there, and had no logical connection to the Closses. My guess, though, is that after seeing who the car was registered to in the first place, they would probably have moved on from it and gone on to the next person on the list.
I totally agree!!

Hi MsBetsy. Are you sure you quoted the post you intended? There most certainly is a charge for SA. In fact, if it occurred every day, it could be 88 charges of SA.
I did reply to the wrong post! Too late to edit, I only just saw your post! Anyway, yes, I do realize there would be charges for SA. I think I got mixed up in the wrong conversation. Sorry.

Hi everyone,

First time poster here, looooong time lurker, we're talking years without ever having signed up until today!

I'm in Australia which makes keeping up difficult as I'm asleep while you're all posting and for a case like this, there's always so much activity so I apologise in advance if im repeating something that's already been discussed.

I had a thought while reading about JP hiding Jayme under the bed when friends were over. Can someone please tell me if the friends visiting the house while Jayme was there have been confirmed by LE or if any of these friends have come forward? My thinking behind this is that this information has come from Jayme herself, yes? And she also said that he would turn music up so she couldn't hear what was going on outside the room she was in. So what if this (as in friends visiting the house) is just something he told her to appear popular and normal to her and not like the sad, anti-social loser he really was? Just an idea that popped into my head, but to me IF his deranged plan was to keep her as his girlfriend, then maybe he was trying to portray himself as an ordinary guy with friends and an active social life when in reality no one ever came to the house apart from immediate family.

All my opinion, based purely off the fact that I'm yet to see any confirmation from LE or these supposed friends that there was ever anyone else there. Sorry if I've missed something though and gone off on a wild goose chase for nothing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419