Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #39

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

Yep, he would't be the first alleged killer to join the military.

Chloe_ee, angelainwi and Jessthinkin like this.
  2. tnith

tnith Well-Known Member

BBM

Indeed, why wouldn't someone who self-identifies as military or survivalist, apply for assistance and advice in the most stealthily cloaked method available to them?
    There is a certain sort of scene and traffic surrounding WiFi sources... and it's especially true that those who frequented these locations would recognize the same vehicle or person in that general vicinity, thinking nothing of it.
    It would be entirely on these witnesses to go out of their way to inform a variety of departments they'd suspected Patterson to be in these places, by what means would they be motivated into disclosure of uncertain information?

Patterson loathed the larger 'family' of his classmates and local society in general. And yet infinite scraps of history peppering this story, show his desire to fit into the social fabric or relate to them in a certain way; one which only he alone could write.
    Not so much as 'belonging', but for participation, for recognition's sake.
    Are we to believe that he created an entirely separate reality independent of the one in which we live, and brilliantly thought up all the aspects of the evil fantasy he fulfilled, alone on his own?

Or more likely as per his quest for 'perfectly' performing this heinous crime, sought others' insight to flesh out and fulfill his foulest desires?

How does the coddled golden child rewarded by dint of mere existence, resented by both the former baby of the family and surrogate 'mother' sibling break free from the only achievements allowed, into the larger sphere of life? We know the Patterson's divorce was a terrible shock for their family by the effect both boys' stagnated at the age they were when it occurred; and sought to resolve the loss of former security in despicably horrific ways.

3. mtnlites

mtnlites President of the Imaginary Friends' Club

Oh yeah, that too. In fact,we have a deer head hanging on our office wall. My grandpa shot it and, no kidding, it was willed to me. Seemed rude both to him and the deer to throw it out. My dad shot a bear once, it was attacking his car, and for a while the entire time (all 5 feet of him) stood stuffed in the corner of Dad's house. As a kid, I was terrified to get up and use the bathroom during the night. It's eyes followed...

Taxidermy in general can be both an art form and a cultural thing. And yes, him finding animals that were already dead and stuffing them isn't quite the same as killing and mutilating them himself. This is where I need more information and why that article in particular has me on the fence. Was he really stuffing them because he was interested in taxidermy (and, if so, was he using the proper sanitation and preservation liquids and methods) or was he scraping up dead animals and doing unmentionable things to them? Because there's a big difference there.

4. Quill

Quill Well-Known Member

I completely agree with you about taxidermy. I live in an area where you are more likely than not to walk into a home or business with some taxidermy on a wall or shelf. Its completely normal and in no way suggests anything dark or twisted.

However, if there is any truth to this girl's story, it is still something to be looked into.

8paws, oceanblueeyes, Seenit and 3 others like this.
  5. human

human Well-Known Member

Depemding on the deductible, there may be no coverage.

This happened a few years ago theorectically. It probably was not a top thing in anyone’s mind. Perhaps as people talk among themselves, they will remember more.

The boy who was punched in the nose on the bus! That is temper! And it seems people aren’t remembering that either.

6. Quill

Quill Well-Known Member

It's predominate where I live,too. Not everyone has them, but it would not be odd at all to walk into any home or business where I live and see multiple.

I will say though, that it is not normal for the average joe to scoop up a roadkill and take it home and attempt to mount it themselves.

7. Rhenish

Rhenish Well-Known Member

Crime
    Sheriff defends Jayme Closs 911 response
    Posted: Jan 16, 2019 04:53 PM CST
    Updated: Jan 16, 2019 04:53 PM CST

Sheriff defends Jayme Closs 911 response

BARRON, Wis. - A Wisconsin sheriff says his deputies did everything they could on the night a 13-year-old girl was abducted and her parents slain.

A criminal complaint says Jake Patterson told investigators he had left Jayme Closs' home with the teenager locked in his trunk Oct. 15 just 20 seconds before he paused to yield to three oncoming squad cars with emergency lights flashing.

Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald said Wednesday that deputies "didn't know what kind of call" they were responding to that night.

Jayme told investigators that her mother called 911 after Patterson fired shots in their home, but that the intruder ordered her to hang up.

Fitzgerald said the Closs home is on a major highway with cars on the road at all hours. He says his department has "excelled" in handling the Closs case and that he plans no changes in how his deputies respond to emergency calls.

8. mtnlites

mtnlites President of the Imaginary Friends' Club

Right. It's like hunting is very popular here, but if someone went out and scooped up roadkill and brought it home for dinner then we'd all side eye that person. It would not be normal.

9. Harmony 2

Harmony 2 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

8paws, oceanblueeyes and MsJosie like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.