Found Deceased Spain - Julen Rosello, 2, fell into narrow and deep borehole, Totalán, 13 Jan 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Olive Press has updated their story from a few hours ago.

BREAKING: Body of little Julen 'found in Malaga well' - Olive Press News Spain

THE body of Julen Jimenez has been located.

According to respected Spanish newspaper El Español, rescuers have located the child some 73 metres deep today and have confirmed they beleive it is that of the boy, 2, following DNA tests.

<modsnip, 10 percent rule>

Let's all cross fingers, toes, arms, legs and pray to our best understanding of-- if any in your understanding, if not the indomitable will of the strength of humanity-- the divine that this child may be found alive. That's all we ask. He could be injured, but so was Jessica McClure.

Let's not give up hope. It's likely too soon for DNA testing, and language may be an issue in understanding this event's nuances. Keep hope alive!

Last edited by a moderator:
So has his body been found, or not?

Conflicting reports. We don't yet know. If you read back through the links we've posted, you'll see the conundrum. Some of it may be linguistic issues, and some of it is not from conventional news sources, but we are all digging for actual news and blessing Julan as we go. Keep hanging on--we will not give up until there is a resolute outcome, either way! :) *hugs*

Here is something from Spain I listen to over and over. It is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen & heard. May it give you hope and joy, as it does for me. Some loveliness as we wait for news on our Julen.

Dear SunVenus,

Thank you for sharing these heart-lifting moments of joy played out in real life.

Watching the expressions of the faces of the people there - the stresses of the day have melted off, uncovering pure joy and happiness, matching their wide grins.

Absolutely wonderful to watch this.

So has his body been found, or not?
Acording to the news in Spain he wasnt. I think that online newspaper (that i never heard about before btw) is not very acurate. What they found is hair of the boy. This has been reported alot in the media because until now the media was pushing the teory that the boy was not in there, interviewing experts that were saying it was impossible.

From the same DM article:

A distressing report published by Spanish news website El Confidencial at lunchtime Wednesday claiming the boy's body had been found in the well was dismissed as a false alarm by government officials and police.

The website later withdrew its report from its website, prompting anger from social media users and a tweet from a regional emergency services coordinator which said: 'Don't report false news.

'Trust only official sources and don't spread rumour or information that hasn't been confirmed.'

His dad, recalling the moment he realised Julen had disappeared down the borehole as he prepared lunch with friends and relatives including a cousin, earlier told a Spanish TV programme: “I was putting some more wood on for the fire and ran towards him.

“My cousin was a bit nearer and threw herself on the ground as I reached the orifice.

“He had already gone. I heard him cry at first but then I didn’t hear him cry anymore.”

Search continues for missing boy, 2, who fell down Spanish well

This was also originally an article about him being found but has been corrected.

Police insist they are working on the basis Julen is still alive, although privately officials have admitted the chances he will have survived what is likely to be more than 100 hours underground are slim unless he is in an air pocket and has access to water.

Julen's dad has revealed the borehole was made by a prospector at the request of his cousin's boyfriend but no water had been found.

bbm :(

Father of boy who fell down well in Spain clinging to hope as rescuers deny report they found a body | Daily Mail Online

Acording to the news in Spain he wasnt. I think that online newspaper (that i never heard about before btw) is not very acurate. What they found is hair of the boy. This has been reported alot in the media because until now the media was pushing the teory that the boy was not in there, interviewing experts that were saying it was impossible.

Welcome to Websleuths @123spain, also known as the madhouse we all lovingly call home. :)

You made great points-- some persons in interviews have said the parents are mistaken or are outright manufacturing a deadly, public & media lie.

Part of me wishes this were a lie-- that no child is in danger in some tight,dank hole. The other part of me wishes this would be as hoax-ish as Bart in the well on The Simpsons.

Anyway, welcome aboard 123spain!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads