TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
This would be some ? that DA would have to answer.
After all she lived with him until she moved in with TT &RT
If I could ask anything I'd ask did D feel threatened by the bf when she moved in with RT and TT? (It seems pretty extreme to move in with your newlywed sister and commute to Dallas for work unless things were haywire.) That's what I'd ask only were questions regarding the biker bf ok.

Tommy had left Rachel their car to go shopping and rode to work with her Dad.
As for were they able to sleep that night. He was up all night waiting by the phone for his wife to call.
As for DH, according to her words on here (ws) she and her brother stayed up all night that night at their parents house worried.
He didn't notice anything out of the ordinary that day, He had went to work like any other day.

I thought Tommy went to bowling league that night? How did he get there if he rode to work with her dad?
Did he have Shawn?

She was there the next day when the letter came , she had been living there. But she was not at home that night. And then she moved back into her parents home
I was thinking it was DH that said they stayed up all night. I'm sorry it was RA in an interview speaking of himself and DH staying up all night looking at newspaper articles. I apologize.

I have not heard that she moved in with her parents, I read she moved in with her boyfriend shortly after all this happened.

I was 2 in 74 and I where I live crime is still the same none.I live in a holler in WV.I believe you undoubtely that Jacksonville was safer then I go there about every year.I haven't researched any statistics but there seems that have been an ungodly amount of serial killers and child murderers in the 70's but yes much safer now.

I grew up in this area in the 70s, as a kid I didn’t hear of any of these serial killers. It wasn’t odd for me and my friends to walk all over neighborhoods and my mom would leave me in the car to run in somewhere to pick up something . In the stores I would wonder off as did other kids in the stores then meet up with mom before she checked out.

To any of the Verified Insiders (Love Trumps All, Kettlecorn, etc.)

This article indicates that 3 skeleton or remains were found in 1976 and only Xrays and Dental records were supposedly checked. Is there a chance the identification process on those bones could be re-examined to make sure the 3 skeletons really were not them?

Im not sure how detailed of an examination was ever made on those 3 other skeletons and the odds of finding 3 skeleton remains within 2 years of when the girls went missing sounds almost too coincidental to me.

If LE never determined who those 3 other people were I think it would be a good idea to try to re-analzye those remains if possible. Not sure if DNA testing could be done on the bones because they are so old but a re-examination would be a good idea if they never identified who those 3 people were that were found.

"A year later (would be 1976 according to article), it was reported that three skeletons were found in a field outside of Alvord, Texas, by an oil drilling crew. Mr. Swaim had the bones checked against x-rays and dental records of the girls, but it turned out that the bones belonged to a teenage boy about 15–17 years of age and two other females who were not identified as being any of the girls.[13]"

Fort Worth Missing Trio - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Verified insiders-question regarding timing. Sorry if I missed this, just trying to get the timeline straight in my mind.
As I understand it, TT was already bowling when DA became aware the girls were missing. Any idea what time DA was made aware the girls were missing, who informed her and how she was informed? In person, on phone?

This article indicates that 3 skeleton or remains were found in 1976 and only Xrays and Dental records were supposedly checked. Is there a chance the identification process on those bones could be re-examined to make sure the 3 skeletons really were not them?

Im not sure how detailed of an examination was ever made on those 3 other skeletons and the odds of finding 3 skeleton remains within 2 years of when the girls went missing sounds almost too coincidental to me.

If LE never determined who those 3 other people were I think it would be a good idea to try to re-analzye those remains if possible. Not sure if DNA testing could be done on the bones because they are so old but a re-examination would be a good idea if they never identified who those 3 people were that were found.

"A year later (would be 1976 according to article), it was reported that three skeletons were found in a field outside of Alvord, Texas, by an oil drilling crew. Mr. Swaim had the bones checked against x-rays and dental records of the girls, but it turned out that the bones belonged to a teenage boy about 15–17 years of age and two other females who were not identified as being any of the girls.[13]"

You would need to talk to FA about that or one of the others parents that hired Mr Swain

You would need to talk to FA about that or one of the others parents that hired Mr Swain
Weren't those remains found after a tip from someone that the girls were buried somewhere near an oil well?
Did Mr Swaim approach the families to offer his services or did the families find him? Maybe there's a coverup involving him and someone decided he needed to be silenced. And if Swaim is the one who had the remains tested maybe this should be re-examined, at least review the lab reports and research the testing authority.

I think one of the hardest things for me to understand with this case is the utter breakdown of anything that remotely sounds or seems normal from the moment these girls disappeared. And it just gets worse.
Well stated. I think the majority of us feel this way. I also think that the cast of characters who inserted themselves or were invited in to this case totally derailed it. The victims deserve justice. Instead, it has been one circus after another.

JMO of course.

Well stated. I think the majority of us feel this way. I also think that the cast of characters who inserted themselves or were invited in to this case totally derailed it. The victims deserve justice. Instead, it has been one circus after another.

JMO of course.

JMO
True. That and all the secrets that continue to be kept that could very well prevent those girls from ever being laid to rest. Still JMO... I think the guilty are long dead and elderly. They'll never feel justice. But at the very least, the innocent should finally know the truth.

JMO of course.
Amen and Mr.Swaim was one of the main characters.He was described as a good showman but not a good private eye and he must have been extremely young at the time he took the case.I surely don't think he would be responsible for getting those remains identified.

I grew up in this area in the 70s, as a kid I didn’t hear of any of these serial killers. It wasn’t odd for me and my friends to walk all over neighborhoods and my mom would leave me in the car to run in somewhere to pick up something . In the stores I would wonder off as did other kids in the stores then meet up with mom before she checked out.
Me too

I'm not a verified insider, however I have made sure personally that each and every case in Namus that is anywhere near close to the girls has or is being sent in to be looked at by the detective in charge of them.

Trlica family...if I may ask. From the start of this case, did LE appear to look at anyone other than family members. Did that seem to be their main suspect pool? TIA

I dont think they looked at family or anyone at first then only TT &DA
If they had taken all family members we might not be here or have a better ideal of where to look

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard