Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will say I have seen that happen in most KY cases. They get info from the questioning, follow up for more evidence, and then make an arrest. They are also notoriously tight-lipped. I think the search warrant and the vehicle tow will end up providing some information. Fingers crossed it leads to something!
Thank you - I haven't followed many KY cases - I am glad they are careful and cautious but it must be awful for the family.

Sure, but have you ever gone missing after it died? Pretty unfortunate coincidence if that's all it is.

I've been lucky so far. Usually, when I need a phone it's dead or not with me. I used to do this thing where I would call my own phone from someone elses and leave a message saying who I was with or I'd call a friend so someone would have the number of the last person I was with. My thought was well if they are going to kill me hopefully they get caught. Not great story about safety lol. I really hope she is alright. No one deserves to vanish because they got in someone's car.

I've been lucky so far. Usually, when I need a phone it's dead or not with me. I used to do this thing where I would call my own phone from someone elses and leave a message saying who I was with or I'd call a friend so someone would have the number of the last person I was with. My thought was well if they are going to kill me hopefully they get caught. Not great story about safety lol. I really hope she is alright. No one deserves to vanish because they got in someone's car.
No one deserves to vanish because they got in a car drunk at 2:30 am with someone they didn't know.

Does anyone know the logistics of SS night out. How did she make it to the bar?

Living in the Lexington area, there’s a lot of talk about this story. I’m torn. This is really perplexing.
I need to find time to read each post to see what has been posted, what’s allowed, etc., before I add my theory.
The family is really amping up local press coverage.

Those poor babies...I don't understand why they haven't arrested anyone yet? I guess they have no evidence but if they were the last to see her, and they have been questioned and released - they must have nothing?

More than likely, they know what happened. they probably won’t make an arrest without finding her first though. If something nefarious happened, they’d have a hard time getting the commonwealth atty to prosecute without locating Savannah. Richmond PD and KSP are more than capable of solving this.

For those of you that are unfamiliar with Garrard county, let me just say this: there's nothing there. It's a long way from Lexington and Richmond. If she was on foot, it's a terrible sign because there's nowhere for her to go.

In that area, there are homes she could have walked to, very easily. It's not all just barren farmland. Not saying she did take off walking or not, but I've seen folks do that. People are drunk, or high, at a party type atmosphere, and folks will get an idea that they're going home, and will take off walking. Not smart, but no one is super smart, when they are intoxicated.

I know there is a lot of unnecessary judgement on her "partying" and DUI since the twins, but I am wondering if maybe she used some opiates for the first time since pregnancy and her tolerance was lowered and they all panicked? I keep discounting that theory because OD's are so common out here that surely selling or providing her drugs would not dissuade a 911 call. <modsnip - fb rumor >

Last edited by a moderator:
Is LE's search warrant obtained as a result of reasonable suspicion (the men being the last to be seen with her) or on the results of tracking her phone to their address?
I don't understand how, in this day and age of technology, people remain missing for any length of time.

Her mother stated that after she called her, they did a facetime chat, and there were other people in the vehicle. After that chat, she never got a pickup again. She was not expecting SS home til in the morning though.

In that area, there are homes she could have walked to, very easily. It's not all just barren farmland. Not saying she did take off walking or not, but I've seen folks do that. People are drunk, or high, at a party type atmosphere, and folks will get an idea that they're going home, and will take off walking. Not smart, but no one is super smart, when they are intoxicated.

I (just barely) remember being young, drinking, and taking off on foot if I wanted to leave a place and no one else was ready, or “just because”...long before phones offered any source of protection. So it is not impossible to me that she left on foot but after that, who knows. I shudder often at the thought of risks I took way back when.

Ha, see I look at that picture and how far back the houses are set and all that farm land and think "how remote!"

There's homes all along that road and lane. Now off the main road, that would get somewhat remote. I guess, what I'm saying is, that if she left on foot, there were homes that she could knock on their doors, and ask for help, or to use a phone to call her mother. People would be getting up early along there to go to work, feed cattle, etc... No one has claimed to hear or see any female knocking on doors or wandering down the highway. There's a small lake, in Lincoln County, that they have searched. It is called Cedar Creek Lake. I've wondered about that area b/c it all connects through back roads.

Her phone being dead or off is what gets me. I have had a cell phone for fifteen years and I could probably count on one hand all the times my phone has legitimately died.

And as for turning it off? Well, I probably wouldn't choose to after leaving a bar and going to somebody's house. But I'm not a 22 year old girl so who knows.

I keep a charging chord in the vehicle, but, she was not in her friend's vehicle on the way home. She decided to stay behind and her friend went home. The people she left with may not have had a charging chord either.

So she was intoxicated?

Ugh! Yeah, this case is not going to have a happy ending at all.

Her mother said she was "very intoxicated" and told her mother that she'd be home in the morning, that she "was okay" (loosely quoting). She did not know the people in the vehicle, from what I have understood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu