Presumed Located AZ - Diane Marchetti, 80, Tucson International Airport, 3 Jan 2019 *prosthetic leg, uses a walker*

Heard back from TPD today. I had asked them if they were still in need of assistance from the public in locating Ms. Marchetti, and their reply was:

“it doesn’t appear so. We have confirmed she has been contacted by people in Tucson and appeared to be well. Right now its moreso her family that would like to speak with her. Thanks for the question!”

9C7044B8-1C69-4C89-B7F8-5E2373A9ED89.jpeg 8478045F-CE81-4322-8F3F-82B3ABE64CAC.jpeg A75F24FD-058B-40A2-9626-711730CBC91F.jpeg

No changes to their FB post, however ....

Heard back from TPD today. I had asked them if they were still in need of assistance from the public in locating Ms. Marchetti, and their reply was:

“it doesn’t appear so. We have confirmed she has been contacted by people in Tucson and appeared to be well. Right now its moreso her family that would like to speak with her. Thanks for the question!”

View attachment 165543 View attachment 165544 View attachment 165545

Weird. Just weird.

View attachment 165543 View attachment 165544 View attachment 165545

Thank you for reaching out to them. Perhaps she simply needs away from her family, for a while? Hmm...

She has been contacted by people in Tucson? That’s an odd way of saying a welfare check by TPD was done at her residence and ascertained her well being. Hope she is okay.
Many thanks for reaching out to them.

I've seen instances where families attempt to take advantage of an elderly person financially, etc, tries to pass them off as sicker/weaker than they are so that the person is heralded as a hero. Maybe she just needed to get away from that? who knows. I'm glad it seems she is ok. I really hope she is though? its kind of confusing.

I've seen instances where families attempt to take advantage of an elderly person financially, etc, tries to pass them off as sicker/weaker than they are so that the person is heralded as a hero. Maybe she just needed to get away from that? who knows. I'm glad it seems she is ok. I really hope she is though? its kind of confusing.

Or the “missing person” has cut off toxic or otherwise abusive relatives and the relatives are trying to use the police, media, and resources like Websleuths to force/bully the missing person into establishing contact again. My violently/etc. abusive grandparents tried that with my mother more than once. The police were, to put it mildly, not impressed.

Does she live alone? Drive her own vehicle? I’ve seen cases on here with loved ones with diminishing mental and physical issues as they get older - the “missing person” thinks they are fine but the family sees signs otherwise and is worried for their safety.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase
Back