IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime being black & gay Jan 2019 *ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know how a reporter posts a story and another news site picks it up and runs with it?
This is what I think is happening here.
Much of the news has been from tweets saying they have a source from CPD.
I'm waiting for an official in person report from LE.

You saw the evidence list that was posted, right?

You saw the evidence list that was posted, right?
I skimmed it and saw that they found bleach and a few other things. I'll go back and look,but if it came from a tweet like the one that keeps saying he has a source from CPD.....grain of salt.
IMO

I skimmed it and saw that they found bleach and a few other things. I'll go back and look,but if it came from a tweet like the one that keeps saying he has a source from CPD.....grain of salt.
IMO

That was a Twitter feed from a news reporter (mainstream). He's not going to risk his career by posting a fake evidence list. I mean, he's not an actor on a TV show most people have never seen.

Charlie DeMar CBS Chicago:
UPDATE: Attorney for two men in custody says she spoke with CPD detectives and charges (at least against the two brothers In custody) are expected before 5:45pm Friday. That is when the 48-Hour hold expires.
Charlie De Mar on Twitter

Is this the first we have heard they are brothers?

the show says he wasnt being written out, the police say they still consider him a victim and have nothing to support the allegation that smollett himself was involved in staging the attack.

this could be a case of the rumor mill slipping into MSM, but there were many supposed sources confirming the rumors... weird.

it is still entirely possible that a grudge developed between smollet and one or both of these men, and they then decided to scare the heck out of him before they were set to leave the country. still entirely possible the attack went down as smollett originally claimed, i realize his story has evolved but that is not uncommon at all for victims as any regular reader here should know.

we just had the case of the girl that was killed in a drive-by, everyone accused the mother of all sorts of awful things and in the end the police clearly stated that they consider her nothing but an innocent victim and that they do not believe she tried to mislead them in any way.

Can one of you smart WSleuthers explain why specifically Lyft records would be looked at? I am missing the connection on that.

Thx.

the show says he wasnt being written out, the police say they still consider him a victim and have nothing to support the allegation that smollett himself was involved in staging the attack.

this could be a case of the rumor mill slipping into MSM, but there were many supposed sources confirming the rumors... weird.

it is still entirely possible that a grudge developed between smollet and one or both of these men, and they then decided to scare the heck out of him before they were set to leave the country. still entirely possible the attack went down as smollett originally claimed, i realize his story has evolved but that is not uncommon at all for victims as any regular reader here should know.

we just had the case of the girl that was killed in a drive-by, everyone accused the mother of all sorts of awful things and in the end the police clearly stated that they consider her nothing but an innocent victim and that they do not believe she tried to mislead them in any way.
Yeah, I think there’s a couple possibilities here (assuming that these two people are involved).

This was a targeted attack based on a grudge.

This was a hoax.

The story seemed incredibly fishy from the beginning, so I’m still leaning towards a hoax, but I’m going to wait and see what happens here.

I do think we’ll have a pretty solid indication of the truth, in short order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa