CA - Bakersfield 3: Disappearance of Baylee Despot and murders of James Kulstad & Micah Holsonbake

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found reference to what I was thinking of. This is from bsc87bsc on 1/21:

So the reference was to a "Mike" that may or may not be MC, and it apparently did come from MQ. My belief is that it is in fact referring to MC (and it's all but confirmed that "LA Mike" and MC are the same person, right?), but that's just my opinion and not based on any information I have that's not commonly available on here.

eta: I also have thought for a while that it's at least equally likely that the enforcer is MC as it is MQ, if not more likely. Again, just a gut feeling and nothing more.
Awkward, I’m the one that documented the la mike reference and forgot. This is all true, from screenshots of a convo with mq and another guy

Reactions: dub
Awkward, I’m the one that documented the la mike reference and forgot. This is all true, from screenshots of a convo with mq and another guy

I have done this several times - information overload. There are so many people and relationships to keep track of, it's tough to keep it straight. I have to review often.

The homeowner didn't want Micah's friend there, so Ryan took her out of there (which got 2 of Micah's friends out of the house). The homeowner also didn't want James there, who was Micah's friend.

Why was he wanting his house free of people tied to Micah?

My guess is that Micah was already dead, but not yet dismembered.

*I never have believed that the homeowner was actually home at the time - I believe he was calling as he was on his way to his house, accompanied by people that may have had bad blood with those who were already hanging out at the house. Now, I wonder if it's because they were actually bringing Micah.

Ryan was having to be very careful how he worded things on the show, understandably.

Good observation about SB wanting the 3 friends of Micah's out of his home. That is interesting. Now it makes me think James was at SB's home hanging out. Remember James' mother on Dr Phil said he "went outside to smoke" around 10pm but he really has taken her car and left. He was shot around 1am, so that means he could have been at SB's home for a few hours.

On Feb 2nd the Official Bakersfield 3 posted a Dr Phil clip with the caption "Very Soon".
Jane posted the same to her FB on the same day. Have we missed new clues or is more info coming to light?

Good observation about SB wanting the 3 friends of Micah's out of his home. That is interesting. Now it makes me think James was at SB's home hanging out. Remember James' mother on Dr Phil said he "went outside to smoke" around 10pm but he really has taken her car and left. He was shot around 1am, so that means he could have been at SB's home for a few hours.
I wonder if sb could’ve been in the silver car...if he owed James money and James was at his house waiting for him and then noticed him parked it would make since why James would confront him

I wonder if sb could’ve been in the silver car...if he owed James money and James was at his house waiting for him and then noticed him parked it would make since why James would confront him
Very well could be. If SB wasn't home and the conversation to Ryan was indeed over the phone, and SB told Ryan not to have James come over or his boys would come strapped. Then the silver car shows up as everyone from the house is leaving in cars. Does sound a little more believable. Something about the original story is hard to make sense.

Other possibilities regarding the night James was shot:

- SB just wanted everyone out of the house.

- SB was heading home with a girl/girls

- SB was heading home with people who didn't like those who were at the house

- SB was heading home with people who had a hand in Micah's disappearance

- All of the above

Had James just learned of what happened to Micah?

Very well could be. If SB wasn't home and the conversation to Ryan was indeed over the phone, and SB told Ryan not to have James come over or his boys would come strapped. Then the silver car shows up as everyone from the house is leaving in cars. Does sound a little more believable. Something about the original story is hard to make sense.

I was thinking the same thing. Why would SB phone or text RK if they were all at the house. He would just walk over and tell him

Wait, he said he was taking sh home and he came back when SB called and said JK was there so he flipped back around to go back to SB and passed JK

Fellow Sleuthers, I need your help please...

Remember the female who was with Ryan the night James was killed? The blonde? (I know her name, just didn’t want to post it). She was later arrested up in Rancho Cordova with a male at a hotel up there, using a stolen credit card to rent the room and the SUV she was driving.

Everywhere we turn in this case, she seems to pop up, and I think her crimes are a big part of the puzzle. But where I need your help - I was searching arrest records and found an oddity. I’ll explain below, but could someone please verify and/or explain this to me as I’m not very well versed in CA law?

When I looked at her and the male (arrested up north with her), their cases seem to be in a holding pattern right now. The male has had similar prior arrests and warrants were out for him in other CA counties: Los Angeles, Orange, Ventura, San Luis Obispo, and Kern. When these two were arrested, some charges were dropped and/or consolidated but LE seems to be holding tight to prosecute for the Ranch Cordova incident. Proceedings were moving along with hearings and the like - and then just stopped with no explanation. But 2 federal charges were then filed (for the same incident) against him, during this delay period. Would it make sense that the cases would be tried together (prob not), or could they be holding the state case to see if he gives evidence in the federal cases first, in which they might dismiss state charges? How does this delay in the state case fit into the picture?

Thanks!

Second legal question, I need help with please:

Hypothetically speaking, let’s say there is a prior Kern resident who has since moved to another county but still has ties to Kern. That person is in a different/3rd county and gets caught with mail fraud and ID theft equipment. That person gets arrested in the 3rd county in and booked in the local jail. This person has been in trouble in several counties in the past and had a “failure to appear” warrant outstanding in Kern for a prior misdemeanor at the time they were arrested. (The mail fraud/ID charges will be felonies.)

Is there any reason that the 3rd county would transfer them to Kern and have all of the charges moved to the Kern court system? Especially if the charges in Kern aren’t completely related to the mail theft/fraud charges they now face?

Is this even a possibility, does anyone know? And if the “failure to appear” warrant out of Kern was for a felony vs. misdemeanor, would that change anything? Thanks!

Last edited:
Wait, he said he was taking sh home and he came back when SB called and said JK was there so he flipped back around to go back to SB and passed JK

SB may have the Ring app and can see who has pulled up into his driveway - that's a thought I've been having for a while.

I'd be shocked if he didn't have cameras on that house.

Remember the female who was with Ryan the night James was killed? The blonde? (I know her name, just didn’t want to post it). She was later arrested up in Rancho Cordova with a male at a hotel up there, using a stolen credit card to rent the room and the SUV she was driving.

Everywhere we turn in this case, she seems to pop up, and I think her crimes are a big part of the puzzle. But where I need your help - I was searching arrest records and found an oddity. I’ll explain below, but could someone please verify and/or explain this to me as I’m not very well versed in CA law?

When I looked at her and the male (arrested up north with her), their cases seem to be in a holding pattern right now. The male has had similar prior arrests and warrants were out for him in other CA counties: Los Angeles, Orange, Ventura, San Luis Obispo, and Kern. When these two were arrested, some charges were dropped and/or consolidated but LE seems to be holding tight to prosecute for the Ranch Cordova incident. Proceedings were moving along with hearings and the like - and then just stopped with no explanation. But 2 federal charges were then filed (for the same incident) against him, during this delay period. Would it make sense that the cases would be tried together (prob not), or could they be holding the state case to see if he gives evidence in the federal cases first, in which they might dismiss state charges? How does this delay in the state case fit into the picture?

Thanks!
Great questions. I sure would like to know too. Hopefully someone familiar with the laws can help.

I think jurisdiction is where crime committed .... I don’t think misdemeanors go to felonies due to failure to appear. I think Federal is a larger crime then our jurisdiction. For instance he gets charged for stolen id, maybe if crime crosses state line (like Nevada & California) perhaps the investigation concludes in addition to the felonies, there are also federal charges.... just brainstorm. They rarely transfer and consolidate within jurisdictions.

I think jurisdiction is where crime committed .... I don’t think misdemeanors go to felonies due to failure to appear. I think Federal is a larger crime then our jurisdiction. For instance he gets charged for stolen id, maybe if crime crosses state line (like Nevada & California) perhaps the investigation concludes in addition to the felonies, there are also federal charges.... just brainstorm. They rarely transfer and consolidate within jurisdictions.

I've always heard that anything involving the mail is a federal offense. I wonder if that has something to do with the fact that their cases seem to be in limbo.

Thanks!
Odd. I would think if it was known to be a federal offense, they would have done this initially. It almost makes me think they found additional evidence that showed it went across state lines. Maybe they found a victim that was in a different state after the initial charges?

Another thought is could she be making a plea bargain against him? Generally, each county would have a trial is my understanding and it wouldn’t be combined.

You know.....just a guess.....Seems like this SH main profession....might come into play. She seems to be in Beverly Hills, Studio City, Hawaii, LA, the tropics, Lake Tahoe. Do you think perhaps she might steal some ID cards during the course of business? Perhaps she steals money, cards, etc., to support her habit. That habit connects her with the distributor, etc......?

You know.....just a guess.....Seems like this SH main profession....might come into play. She seems to be in Beverly Hills, Studio City, Hawaii, LA, the tropics, Lake Tahoe. Do you think perhaps she might steal some ID cards during the course of business? Perhaps she steals money, cards, etc., to support her habit. That habit connects her with the distributor, etc......?

I sure do. I think she's quite the multi-tasker. She also has more than one follower on IG who are in mail/shipping-related businesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member