IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime being black & gay Jan 2019 *ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
His illness will possibly be a PTSD type of diagnosis, brought on because of all of the pressure and hatred he feels from society thus, he gets the same type of sympathy that someone was going for at jump.

He did tell Robin Roberts he receives threats all the time.....(she didn't look like she believed him).

The MAGA "lynching" letter sent about 2 weeks previously is presumed to be part of this incident. FBI are in charge of the letter.

HR35 Anti- lynching bill was introduced about 2 weeks prior to the letter. Look at who introduced the bill, and the co-sponsors.

Jussie Smollett is not just an actor, he's a political activist as seen in his photos with his friend Senator Kamala Harris and Representative Maxine Waters attending his "comeback" concert.

Unsubstantiated rumors saying he was afraid of losing his job, is just spin from PR to move away from the truth.

This goes farther and deeper than some run of the mill mediocre actor trying to get some publicity.

Such a ring of truth - oh what a tangled web . . . is the entire mess.

Need more info for this. Every time I click on a Trib story it blocks me out for not having a subscription!

Not much new:

Chicago police said Saturday they have reached out to the attorney for "Empire" star Jussie Smollett because they still want to speak to Smollett after releasing two brothers they had been questioning about a reported attack against the actor.

Asked about the “new evidence” police mentioned, Schmidt said, “Obviously I had it. Obviously my clients had it. But I think it took a matter of coordination.” She would not say what that was.

Schmidt was unavailable for comment Saturday. Chicago criminal defense attorney Michael Monico, who is representing Smollett, declined to comment. Efforts to reach the brothers were unsuccessful.

Rafer Weigel‏Verified account @RaferWeigel
Latest on #JussieSmollett: Several #CPD sources confirmed detectives were able to show the 2 Nigerian brothers questioned by police had purchased the rope found around Smollett’s neck at an Ace hardware. The brothers agreed to cooperate with police who are investigating...(1/2)

Verified account 14m14 minutes ago
whether Smollett made up the story after police threatened to charge them with battery. The brothers attorney said both brothers knew Smollett. There are unconfirmed reports that Smollett paid the two brothers to perform the alleged scheme. (2/2).

oh say it so.

Jussie Smollett hires Michael Cohen's criminal defense attorney

Empire star Jussie Smollett has hired Michael Cohen's high-powered criminal defense attorney, as the police investigation into the attack he reported last month took a sudden shift amid allegations of a hoax.

Attorney Michael Monico, a former federal prosecutor in the Northern District of Illinois, revealed in a radio interview on Thursday in Chicago that he is representing Smollett.

Monico, speaking on WGN's The Roe Conn Show, did not reveal how long he has been representing Smollet or in what capacity. Monico last month took over as co-counsel for Cohen, President Donald Trump's former lawyer.

It came as police in Chicago suddenly released two Nigerian extras on Smollett's show, who had previously been described as suspects in the attack, saying that 'new evidence' had emerged in their interrogations that requires further detective work.

View attachment 169450

[...]

'There's so many moving parts to this that will come out in time,' Schmidt said when asked if her clients had helped Smollett stage the attack. 'I'm going to let them tell their story when the time is right.'

[...]

"victim" hires "defense attorney", seems odd.

A week before the attack, Smollett told police he received a threatening letter at work. Witnesses told police a postal worker dropped off the letter at the Chicago studio where “Empire” is filmed. It was postmarked in southwest suburban Bedford Park on Jan. 18 and bore two American flag stamps. The letters “MAGA” were written in the upper-left corner of the envelope.

Smollett said a stick figure was shown hanging from a tree with the words, “Smollett Jussie you will die black (expletive).”

“Did I make that up too?” Smollett asked in his interview with Roberts.

Police have not said whether they believe the two incidents are related, and so far they are being investigated separately — the letter by the FBI and the alleged attack by Chicago police.

Meanwhile, production on "Empire" is scheduled to continue next week with a Near West Side shoot, according to information posted in the city's online film permit database. It's unclear if Smollett will participate in that shoot. A Fox representative declined to discuss cast schedules.

Wow. It seems that letter was linked to the assault incident. MAGA was the 'return address?'

Interesting that Fox did not discuss 'cast scheduling.'

A week before the attack, Smollett told police he received a threatening letter at work. Witnesses told police a postal worker dropped off the letter at the Chicago studio where “Empire” is filmed. It was postmarked in southwest suburban Bedford Park on Jan. 18 and bore two American flag stamps. The letters “MAGA” were written in the upper-left corner of the envelope.

Smollett said a stick figure was shown hanging from a tree with the words, “Smollett Jussie you will die black (expletive).”

“Did I make that up too?” Smollett asked in his interview with Roberts.

Police have not said whether they believe the two incidents are related, and so far they are being investigated separately — the letter by the FBI and the alleged attack by Chicago police.

Meanwhile, production on "Empire" is scheduled to continue next week with a Near West Side shoot, according to information posted in the city's online film permit database. It's unclear if Smollett will participate in that shoot. A Fox representative declined to discuss cast schedules.

Wow. It seems that letter was linked to the assault incident. MAGA was the 'return address?'

Interesting that Fox did not discuss 'cast scheduling.'
That’s incredibly incriminating.

I didn’t understand the full context of that letter, until I read that Tribune article you linked.

This appears to have been in the works for a while.

In what alternate universe does one think that this is somehow a believable scenario?

This is a really bad movie written by someone who doesn’t know how real life works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard