IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime being black & gay Jan 2019 #2*ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is also from the TMZ article:

Our sources say early on they asked Jussie if he'd sign complaints against the 2 men who attacked him and he was clear that he would. But, when he found out the 2 brothers were the ones in custody we're told he said he knew them, felt bad for them and declined to sign the complaints.

So he was going press charges when he knew no one would actually be arrested, but when his friends got caught he's like "oh, okay, no." Yet, in none of his statements since has he said he learned who the assailants were, and he apologized for having key facts wrong.

If this is true, it would seem that the new statement from the lawyers contradicted what JS told LE previously. I bet the statement that caused his lawyer Minaco to quit is going to send LE into overdrive and his present lawyers might not know what all he said previously to LE. Whatever lawyer he has may be at a big disadvantage, like if he deleted evidence off his phone but LE being able to get it other ways (possibly a big one there), prior statements he made to LE, etc. If he told LE not to press charges because he knew the Osundarios and felt bad for them and now he's putting out this statement oh boy is that going to chum LE the water and be bad for his PR.

I'll have to admit this scenario crossed my mind also.
He went out at night for the sandwich. How these brothers could have known where he was to come beat him up in the middle of the night, unless he told them where he was going to be. So I don't buy the scenario where the brothers just went to beat him up for whatever reason.

He went out at night for the sandwich. How these brothers could have known where he was to come beat him up in the middle of the night, unless he told them where he was going to be. So I don't buy the scenario where the brothers just went to beat him up for whatever reason.

It's not like there aren't countless DV situations that happen unexpectedly with the victim telling the perp where they are, not that I think this is the most likely scenario, but if he was in a relationship with Abel, it wouldn't be surprising that Abel would know where he was because JS told him.

This is what gets me though; I think he perhaps wanted to be like "it was on camera!" knowing it really wasn't because of how the camera was pointing.

I don't think he thought there would be footage. Footage would have made it too clear this didn't go down as he stated.
I vacillate on whether he thought there would be footage or not. How could he be 100% certain there wouldn’t be, with cameras everywhere?

Do we know what the alleged rehearsal beforehand consisted of yet?

Were they practicing the timing of JS walking to Subway and the guys bench sitting, approaching the area and walking away? If so, the O brothers could tell LE the time this happened for CCTV verification.

If this is true, it would seem that the new statement from the lawyers contradicted what JS told LE previously. I bet the statement that caused his lawyer Minaco to quit is going to send LE into overdrive and his present lawyers might not know what all he said previously to LE. Whatever lawyer he has may be at a big disadvantage, like if he deleted evidence off his phone but LE being able to get it other ways (possibly a big one there), prior statements he made to LE, etc. If he told LE not to press charges because he knew the Osundarios and felt bad for them and now he's putting out this statement oh boy is that going to chum LE the water and be bad for his PR.

I'm sure in the beginning the first attorney signed on to task press requests, requests for interviews and travel requirements to do them. Certainly not to represent him or defend him for developing what is now described as a hoax.

JMO

This guy apparently thought and had convinced himself that he is a good actor. Even more so that he can write a good script. Lo and behold, he has failed at both. Many of us did not buy into his act and the script had way too many holes in it. Even Lifetime wouldn't buy this show.

JMO

Exactly what I came here to say! I fear for his long term career prospects regardless of whether or not he is found to have orchestrated this attack; as he certainly doesn't seem to know anything about human nature and/or what human beings would logically do in a given situation, which I would think would also be a prerequisite for an actor...?

I also think it's pretty clear from the scenario that he knows no "MAGA fans" himself, and not surprising the co-conspirators are also on record as hating the current administration; simply because he thought he didn't have to construct any kind of believable reaction or chain of behavior in order to be believed. I know a lot of conservative talk radio fans, for example. They absolutely know like the back of their own hands, that Chicago is "Richard Daley/Obama/Rahm Emanuel country", and would not for 2 seconds believe anyone with a conservative bent calling it "MAGA country". To me, that suggests Jussie must think any "MAGA fans" are too stupid to know that fact, which indicates he doesn't actually know any, etc.

Also feeling rather sorry for his sister, who won a sizable role in an upcoming DC Comics Batman-verse franchise picture, and seems highly likely to be asked about this in every interview attached to that... bet she's not happy.

I vacillate on whether he thought there would be footage or not. How could he be 100% certain there wouldn’t be, with cameras everywhere?

Were they practicing the timing of JS walking to Subway and the guys bench sitting, approaching the area and walking away? If so, the O brothers could tell LE the time this happened for CCTV verification.
There is a surveillance camera directly over where JS took the police and told them the attack happened. JS appeared excited when he pointed the camera out to police because now there would be proof of his "modern day lynching" assault. The camera has a cover so one would ASSUME it was caught on film. Sadly, the camera had a cover and when it was removed it was shown that the camera was facing/filming North and not downward. That info is in one of the TMZ recent links. Also about how the officers found it odd that he would notice said camera.

TMZ Scroll to "red flags".

Theres a video on youtube (posted by someone else on here but hundreds of posts ago so apologies for not giving proper credit) where a guy goes to the site of the attack and shows gang graffiti and says that the area under the stairs is a known area for drug dealing. It could be a known thing that the camera wasn't pointing at that area at that time but apparently is now.

Earlier in the video he shows that theres a red light on the camera that shows which direction its pointing in

There is a surveillance camera directly over where JS took the police and told them the attack happened. JS appeared excited when he pointed the camera out to police because now there would be proof of his "modern day lynching" assault. The camera has a cover so one would ASSUME it was caught on film. Sadly, the camera had a cover and when it was removed it was shown that the camera was facing/filming North and not downward. That info is in one of the TMZ recent links. Also about how the officers found it odd that he would notice said camera.
I guess that's why he chose that specific location, because he knew in advance there WAS a camera facing North and specifically designed the attack just out of camera focus (conveniently) - the practice runs the bro's talked about. JS thought the camera would add credibility to his fake story, but instead he just dug a deeper hole for himself.

A poorly thought out strategy, made sillier by the ham-fisted letter from cut out magazines that was examined by the FBI. :eek:
Of course the Nigerian bro's squealed, when the FBI enter the scene it becomes a whole lot more difficult to lie to LE. They were crafty enough to realize the game was up. JS not so crafty as he continued to lie.

If this weren't so tragic, with such dreadfully intended consequences, it would be comedy gold. Sadly its not. I hope he has learned his lesson from this, and it will be interesting to see the outcome of the Grand Jury indictment.

JS is no Bobby Fischer and this backfired spectacularly.

moo

Sounds like they all rehearsed, and got all dressed up, and went out in the cold, and performed for nothing..................moo

Speaking for myself it is a case of not wanting to believe he would do such a thing.
He didn't need to to draw attention to hate crime.
Plus he seemed like such a decent caring person. He has done a lot for various charities.
He bought a wheelchair equipped van for a child with no legs.
Probably silly,but I'm still holding out hope that the two men lied to save their own skin.
And still waiting for proof that he is guilty. IMO
I admire your heart for wanting to believe the best in people, but we hear all the time about people that look so clean on the outside but have dirt in their hearts. Even if he did something like buying the wheelchair van out of the purest of motives, it seemed clear to me at least that he had a lot of issues. I’m no psychologist, but I’m guessing he had a very messed up childhood. That said, although I think he needs to pay the piper, I also hope he can be redeemed at some point and get the help he needs.

Al Sharpton on MSNBC just requested a complete and comprehensive investigation into Jussie Smollett, and pretty much distanced himself from the mess.

CNN was also very critical.

My SO says, "Stick a fork in it, he is done". Yep.

I just read the statement on Twitter from Smollett's new lawyers, that Mr. Smollett is shocked that someone he knows was involved in the attack. He is completely innocent. Okay.

Al Sharpton on MSNBC just requested a complete and comprehensive investigation into Jussie Smollett, and pretty much distanced himself from the mess.

CNN was also very critical.

My SO says, "Stick a fork in it, he is done". Yep.

I just read the statement on Twitter from Smollett's new lawyers, that Mr. Smollett is shocked that someone he knows was involved in the attack. He is completely innocent. Okay.
Haha, but what does OJ have to say? :eek::p
I'm guessing he'll say JS is innocent too!

Last edited:
My enquiring mind wants to know:

Was rope/clothesline? purchased before postmark on letter sent to set?

How many bleach tossing, rope lassoing ?, punching dry runs were rehearsed by the 3 stooges before gameday?

Was bleach really tossed out in the cold super sub zero morning or was that weaved into story since perhaps it was part of reheasal in not so cold temperatures.

Were they carrying around open bleach container? because.. my bleach bottles are hard for me open at home in my laundry room with spill proof type top, and...the hot sauce bottle lids are teeney tiny and there arent any arctic gloves that I own which would allow me to open these in -20f .

Jussie Smollett Case to Go to Grand Jury

JUSSIE SMOLLETT CASE TO GO TO GRAND JURY

A grand jury will hear the Jussie Smollett case early next week ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

Law enforcement sources connected to the investigation tell TMZ, the 2 brothers who were arrested and then released are staying somewhere around the Loop in downtown Chicago under the watchful eye of police so no one gets to them. We're told cops especially want to make sure Jussie does not contact the brothers.
LE wants that Grand Jury to convene as soon as possible. Once the O bros have testified under oath to the GJ, they are not allowed to discuss their testimony with anyone under penalty of law. If they talk to JS after the GJ, they could be liable to more charges.

One of my best friends owns a gay bar in KC MO and I could not count the number of REAL attacks happen on a regular basis to his customers. SO MANY go unreported because some are not out and are embarrassed to go public. Much of the reason they are easy targets for robbery among other crimes. You would be amazed at how many criminals get right off the Greyhound bus from prison release and go straight to a gay bar. They know they can get a quick place to stay and some cash. They know how the game's played from being in the joint. If anyone reports it, nobody's going to care. Then there's this mess. What a tragedy this paints for the REAL victims.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member