IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime being black & gay Jan 2019 #2*ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to wonder what advice he is being given right now as dragging this out and denying it isn’t going to do him any favours here and will just damage him even more in the public eye.

Maybe he can do a another national tv show and cry and try and gain some sympathy?!
Well his advice is coming from the PR firm he hired - same one as Harvey Weinstein used......

One of my best friends owns a gay bar in KC MO and I could not count the number of REAL attacks happen on a regular basis to his customers. SO MANY go unreported because some are not out and are embarrassed to go public. Much of the reason they are easy targets for robbery among other crimes. You would be amazed at how many criminals get right off the Greyhound bus from prison release and go straight to a gay bar. They know they can get a quick place to stay and some cash. They know how the game's played from being in the joint. If anyone reports it, nobody's going to care. Then there's this mess. What a tragedy this paints for the REAL victims.

JMO

That is so sad to read.

If yo
There is a surveillance camera directly over where JS took the police and told them the attack happened. JS appeared excited when he pointed the camera out to police because now there would be proof of his "modern day lynching" assault. The camera has a cover so one would ASSUME it was caught on film. Sadly, the camera had a cover and when it was removed it was shown that the camera was facing/filming North and not downward. That info is in one of the TMZ recent links. Also about how the officers found it odd that he would notice said camera.
If u re-watch the Robin Roberts interview you’ll note he has a slow smile appear on his face when talking about camera facing north. He wasn’t upset about it at all.

I can't fathom the level of self-hatred needed to perpetrate a hate crime against oneself .... him being a child actor I wouldn't be surprised if JS was abused as a child. Think along the lines of what happened to Corey Feldman and Corey Haim. There are a lot of perverts in Hollyweird.

Well his advice is coming from the PR firm he hired - same one as Harvey Weinstein used......
Whaaaat? I have no words.
Chris Bastardi, "Vice President/Head of Strategy and Crisis for Sunshine Sachs".
No. Who in their right mind does something that stupid?:eek:
Harvey Weinstein is one of the most reviled humans in the US. NOOO!
Even to be associated with his (HW's) crisis firm is bad.

moo

I'm more interested in the criminal aspect of the hoax. I'm not so sure Jussie is the one who came up with the idea. I'd like to know who supplied the $$$$. That's who needs to be held accountable. If it is a politician, taxpayers have a right to know because taxpayers funded this exhaustive criminal investigation.

JMO[/QUOTE
I believe one of the biggest mistakes was doing the GMA interview. There were many things that didn't add up prior to that but more of a gut feeling. In doing that interview millions of eyes were on him, the story, the mannerisms and plenty of people who have been through real hate crimes. That interview could be and was rewound and replayed time and time again no doubt. It was THAT interview that it hit everybody, down to and including Robin Roberts. You didn't have to be a body language expert to see that she didn't believe him either.

JMO
Can you imagine a jury's reaction if they were shown the GMA interview?

I can't fathom the level of self-hatred needed to perpetrate a hate crime against oneself .... him being a child actor I wouldn't be surprised if JS was abused as a child. Think along the lines of what happened to Corey Feldman and Corey Haim. There are a lot of perverts in Hollyweird.
I don't think this was about self-loathing, it was calculated to generate publicity and validation in a foolish, complicit way.

And the two Corey's didn't hoax a hate crime that was politically motivated.

I can't think of any other abused child actors that did such a thing.

In fact, most abused children have deep sensitivity and would never hoax such a serious issue, because its totally soul-destroying.

edited by me.
moo

Last edited:
I just want to point out a self-contradiction in his GMA interview:
And he rejected "ridiculous" explanations for why he was outside at that hour, explaining that certain Subway restaurants are open 24 hours, so if you're hungry and don't have any food at home you have a place to go to get something to eat.

"I've heard that it was a date gone bad, which I also resent that narrative," he said. "I'm not gonna go out and get a tuna sandwich and a salad to meet somebody. That's ridiculous. And it's offensive."

Jussie Smollett Hits Back at Doubters as He Details Brutal Attack

If places like Subway were the only places to eat that hour - his explanation for going there - then that explanation works just as well for meeting someone there, so it's more like he's purposefully acting offended.

It's not like there aren't countless DV situations that happen unexpectedly with the victim telling the perp where they are, not that I think this is the most likely scenario, but if he was in a relationship with Abel, it wouldn't be surprising that Abel would know where he was because JS told him.

How does an unexpected DV incident work with the threatening letter being sent 2 weeks earlier?

I think by the time he did the interview, he was certain that he had gotten away with it..
I do too.

I don’t think he ever imagined that people would question his story, let alone that law enforcement would be able to prove that it was a hoax.

This interview was designed to counter those who questioned him, and also revel in the publicity.

This guy has a monstrous ego.

I just want to point out a self-contradiction in his GMA interview:
And he rejected "ridiculous" explanations for why he was outside at that hour, explaining that certain Subway restaurants are open 24 hours, so if you're hungry and don't have any food at home you have a place to go to get something to eat.

"I've heard that it was a date gone bad, which I also resent that narrative," he said. "I'm not gonna go out and get a tuna sandwich and a salad to meet somebody. That's ridiculous. And it's offensive."

Jussie Smollett Hits Back at Doubters as He Details Brutal Attack

If places like Subway were the only places to eat that hour - his explanation for going there - then that explanation works just as well for meeting someone there, so it's more like he's purposefully acting offended.
He seems to be offended easily by lots of things, by his spoken words and writings...... moo

How does an unexpected DV incident work with the threatening letter being sent 2 weeks earlier?

That's a large part why I think this is unlikely, but if there was a way to know when DV incidents would happen in advance, people like Megan Short wouldn't show up for their own DV murders as people who are the victims of DV are victims not scheduling their abuse and murder.

I’m no psychologist, but I’m guessing he had a very messed up childhood.

Not as far as I can tell. He’s from a good family. He was born in Santa Rosa and went to a private Catholic school in New Jersey. It’s not like he’s from the streets and had to struggle with drugs, gangs and a broken home.

Jussie Smollett - Wikipedia

I believe the letter ruse was used at first. When he didn't get the desired results, there had to be a plan B. A script, rehearsals and a couple guys who could use a little cash. When acting and playing to the cameras you have to always look for the little red light on the camera to perform to. Especially in multi-camera shooting and taping. He knew about that camera.

I do not know where the notion that some politician may be involved in this mess came from. I doubt this fool even knows where to vote. Using that whole "MAGA" crap in the state of Illinois shows how politically deaf he is. Seriously... MAGA fans running around Chicago in -10 degree weather?

JMO

I believe the letter ruse was used at first. When he didn't get the desired results, there had to be a plan B. A script, rehearsals and a couple guys who could use a little cash. When acting and playing to the cameras you have to always look for the little red light on the camera to perform to. Especially in multi-camera shooting and taping. He knew about that camera.

I do not know where the notion that some politician may be involved in this mess came from. I doubt this fool even knows where to vote. Using that whole "MAGA" crap in the state of Illinois shows how politically deaf he is. Seriously... MAGA fans running around Chicago in -10 degree weather?

JMO

Yep...Pull my other finger, JS.
Because this story is unbelievable! :rolleyes::eek:
Nope. Don't believe it for a Chicago second. Neither does anyone with an IQ above room temperature.

moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members