CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #38 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the houses are really close together.

Suppressors are legal in most states, but they are regulated and require a lengthy waiting period.

If one of them purchased a suppressor, there would be a paper trail.

I truly don’t believe a gun was used, but if it was, I highly doubt PF used a suppressor.

They are seldom used in crimes, and the gun is still loud.
That's what I thought. I don't think he would have gone through all the trouble, at such a high risk of the gunshot being heard. Imo

I wrestled with sharing this, but I wanted to give a general idea of who the B's are:

I purchased a few items for baby K, <not looking for a pat on the back here>, I felt genuinely compelled to do so.

I received a hand written note back from the B Family that was unique in the sense that it listed each item and one in particular:

A sequence type game and it said it had been a favorite of KB's and they were teaching it to baby K now. :(

I cried. I thought with all the donations I'm sure they've received, how thoughtful <although unexpected> to hand write a personal note with such a lovely sentiment.

I know KB is smiling down on Little K learning one of her favorite games. Ahhhhh, now I'm getting teary again. :oops:

Yes, early on CB said KB had TG day plans. I just keep thinking that since we don't know when on the 22nd she was killed (assuming we can accept she was more than likely killed that day), maybe he's messed up enough that he thought he'd disarm her and take her out. Maybe it's another indication of his controlling nature. I guess it's possible he killed her afterwards. We don't know what time he claims to have been at Cracker Barrel, but I'm sure that will come out.

I don't think they went to Cracker Barrel because if KB had been there, then THAT would be the last place she was seen in public. We would have had video of her at Cracker Barrel instead of the video of her at Safeway with baby K. At the point in time when the Safeway video was released they were treating this as a missing persons case.
MOO.

I think it might be very key that in the initial stages, he had no idea that she told her mother that she was doing a recipe for Thanksgiving dinner perhaps? Only she and the police right now know when the recipe was for.

And then when he was interviewed, he had no idea that her mother knew that they were supposed to be perhaps eating dinner at her house, and he said that they went to Cracker Barrel?

If you are talking to your mother about having somebody over for Thanksgiving dinner, and then you learned later that he said they went to Cracker Barrel after your daughter asked you for a recipe and she was going to the store

oh, you would know he was definitely guilty. M o o

Her mother has always had said from the beginning that KB had plans to go out to dinner with PF and Baby K and that Thanksgiving Dinner was not at KB's house. Although she said that KB did not tell her where they were going for dinner. There are quotes of what CB said in this previous post: CO - CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #5

We don't know what the recipe was that KB asked for from CB. I am curious to see if we find that out though, now that you bring it up. Also what did she buy at Safeway and were those items found put away at her house? I wonder if we will learn that.
MOO.

This is awful but I would postulate strangulation or suffocation due KB's size and the tension that existed between the two in his mind. This is more personal. Now what he has done with her and keeping her body from her mother is another matter all together I fear.
So many scenarios with respect to how he could have done it, at least for me. The gun "revelation" just added one more. What burns in my mind since M's interview was that "she (KK) had never seen that kind of evil in anyone." To me that speaks of either blunt force trauma as the method of killing OR (I hate saying it) degrading or mutilating her body after the murder, regardless of method. He could have taken her from behind, KB never knowing what was coming. I'm sure KK has ALL the details and I highly suspect she saw KB's body. I hope they catch her in something so her deal is blown. Wishful thinking, perhaps, but I allow myself these indulgences :)

Whatever he did, I believe it spoke to his deep seated anger and need for revenge. MOO

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    46.7 KB · Views: 12
Tomorrow, I am planning on performing a statement analysis on the recent updated Amendment as a practice document to show everyone how the craft works. You can give me some feedback. I will keep mid-level. It is a good skill to develop. I use it often for investigating white and blue collar crime.
Thank you!! Looking forward to it!

I wrestled with sharing this, but I wanted to give a general idea of who the B's are:

I purchased a few items for baby K, <not looking for a pat on the back here>, I felt genuinely compelled to do so.

I received a hand written note back from the B Family that was unique in the sense that it listed each item and one in particular:

A sequence type game and it said it had been a favorite of KB's and they were teaching it to baby K now. :(

I cried. I thought with all the donations I'm sure they've received, how thoughtful <although unexpected> to hand write a personal note with such a lovely sentiment.

I know KB is smiling down on Little K learning one of her favorite games. Ahhhhh, now I'm getting teary again. :oops:

Aww, that truly warms my heart. You’re so thoughtful, as is the B family. I need to find that photo of little K on the plane. She is so darn cute!

There are several Sweeties here.
You're another one.:):)
Good on you, with such a caring character.

RSBM

http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/Amended+complaint+vs+Patrick+Frazee.pdf

I think it is interesting that the quote "the restaurant Darrell likes" is included in the complaint document. I'm wondering if that means that Frazee did not actually say Cracker Barrel at first. Perhaps CB asked PF where they went to eat for Thanksgiving and perhaps PF couldn't remember the name of the place he had planned to say so he said something like, "We went to that place Darrell likes... you know... um..." and perhaps CB said, "Cracker Barrel?" and PF replied, "Yeah, that's it, Cracker Barrel."
It would have been obvious PF was lying if the conversation went like that. It also would have been easy to verify that PF and KB didn't go there with video and CC statements but I'm thinking there must be some reason we were told that Cracker Barrel is "the restaurant Darrell [Berreth] likes" in the complaint.

MOO.

it makes me wonder if CB, DB, KB and PF actually all went out to eat some where at a Cracker Barrel at some point. KB and PF had some kind of interaction since (or before) the time KB moved to CO, and we only really know tidbits about the bitter end of it. maybe there was a time when it was (or seemed) more congenial and familial, so that going to a Cracker Barrel could have sounded like a real possibility to CB.

<modsnipped quoted post>
We live in Iowa and my and my husband's locations almost always show Minnesota. It is my understanding it has something to do with our Internet provider. I don't know a lot about it but thought I would share that. JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think they went to Cracker Barrel because if KB had been there, then THAT would be the last place she was seen in public. We would have had video of her at Cracker Barrel instead of the video of her at Safeway with baby K. At the point in time when the Safeway video was released they were treating this as a missing persons case.
MOO.

Her mother has always had said from the beginning that KB had plans to go out to dinner with PF and Baby K and that Thanksgiving Dinner was not at KB's house. Although she said that KB did not tell her where they were going for dinner. There are quotes of what CB said in this previous post: CO - CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #5

We don't know what the recipe was that KB asked for from CB. I am curious to see if we find that out though, now that you bring it up. Also what did she buy at Safeway and were those items found put away at her house? I wonder if we will learn that.
MOO.
Great reminder Gardener and you are so right. They would have had security footage of her and PF at CB.

That's what I thought. I don't think he would have gone through all the trouble, at such a high risk of the gunshot being heard. Imo

IDK, on the one hand I agree that shooting her in her home doesn't seem like a good plan because neighbors could hear. On the other hand, we know many of KB's neighbors were not home for Thanksgiving and if it was only one shot perhaps no one close by noticed. The neighbor she shares a wall with was not at home and that would be the neighbor most likely to hear it and realize where the shot came from IMO. However, shooting her in her house is messy and I don't see Frazee wanting to deal with clean up. I wonder if he could have tried to use the gun to command KB to go somewhere with him but perhaps she fought back and he shot her in her home as a result of her resisting? The timing of when KB went to the store and when PF's truck was seen at her home makes me think she was not expecting him to arrive at that time-- even if she was expecting to go to Thanksgiving Dinner with him later in the day. We also have CB's comments about being surprised KB's hair wasn't styled yet when she was at the store-- KB was seemingly not ready to go to dinner out with PF. Perhaps PF ambushed KB to take her away from the house to murder elsewhere but she fought back and perhaps that is where the robbery during murder theory comes from?

MOO.

Awwww. You blessed their family and they blessed you. We need to follow-up for years after the trials. Their families matter!

If and only If a gun was used in the incident, it would be interesting to hear PF declare who pulled the trigger.

I do not believe he would admit to using it.
The gun was a twist I did not expect.

I am in the camp with Massguy it would be surprising if it was the murder weapon but it is definitely a possibility.

Very quite frequently, my friends and family use each other chargers. They can be used with other phones. An Android will charge an Android, an apple will charge an apple. If somebody took the phone to knowingly send texts in the future (being complicit after a murder), I would assume they had a charger to keep the phone charged...unless.....

Did she have the type of phone that Kelsey had? Did she buy a new charger? Did she take Kelsey charger?

I agree with you, with roaming needs of battery, the phone would have probably not been working unless she charged it, or the phone was turned off during her travels and then turn back on just to send the text before ...?

It's my understanding that phone records can show when a phone was turned off, and when it was turned on. They are very specific pings to the phone companies when such is done. Moo from previous cases I have followed.

I think there are others here that are knowledgeable and such.

ETA.. or he charged it up before she took it?

if you recall, KB's phone was on PF's plan, so he would have known what phone she had and may have had a compatible charger or her charger... KB seems to have been methodical* (IMO) so maybe she kept her charger with the phone or near an outlet and PF knew where it was. *(because she was a pilot- had to be aware of mechanical things and keeping things functioning AND because her brother seemed to be able to look around her house and easily assess what/if anything was missing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus