UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Defence reveals the DI supplied a suplimentary statement on 15th Feb 2019 (Friday) after making a mistake with her intial statement last year.

Next on stand is DC Iain Wilson who was involved in taking statements and interviewing the accused

Mr Wilson says the accused replied “no comment” throughout his police interview. This was his right.

Next in witness box is DC Lisa Whitelaw who was the CCTV coordinator. She was in charge of checking for all public and private CCTV.

Witness says she obtained “key” CCTV from accused’s house.

Connor Gillies (@ConnorGillies) | Twitter

Defence reveals the DI supplied a suplimentary statement on 15th Feb 2019 (Friday) after making a mistake with her intial statement last year.

Next on stand is DC Iain Wilson who was involved in taking statements and interviewing the accused

Mr Wilson says the accused replied “no comment” throughout his police interview. This was his right.

Next in witness box is DC Lisa Whitelaw who was the CCTV coordinator. She was in charge of checking for all public and private CCTV.

Witness says she obtained “key” CCTV from accused’s house.

BBM

It IS his right ... however - it doesn't scream 'I'm innocent' to me ... neither does it scream 'I was in a shed having sex with Toni' ...

Court shown CCTV from another house which DC Whitelaw describes as seeing a “shadow moving along shoreline” .

DC Whitelaw describes another camera view where she “observed a figure walking along shoreline...figure slows down appearing to be carrying something in front of them”.

An awful lot of CCTV in that area

Nothing concrete so far is there? Everything we’ve heard we knew already.. I was expecting a lot more “damning” evidence against him. Considering this is the last day for the prosecution and we’ve got to have lunch yet... maybe this afternoon? I hope...

CCTV 'shows shadowy figure moving along shoreline carrying something'
The court has been shown CCTV footage from the Rothesay area.

CCTV coordinator DC Lisa Whitelaw is giving evidence at the High Court.

She says the footage appears to show a “shadowy figure” moving along the shoreline.

Jurors are told the figure “slows down and appears to be carrying something in front of them

BBM so as we expected, an outline only - hope they can do body size match etc

Knife 'missing' from home of teen accused of Alesha MacPhail murder

She says the footage appears to show a “shadowy figure” moving along the shoreline.

Jurors are told the figure “slows down and appears to be carrying something in front of them

BBM so as we expected, an outline only - hope they can do body size match etc

Unless he is the same height and build as someone else

Officer says she can “see something hanging down in front” of the figure which is running along the shore.

the figure which is running along the shore.

the figure “slows down

Nothing concrete so far is there? Everything we’ve heard we knew already.. I was expecting a lot more “damning” evidence against him. Considering this is the last day for the prosecution and we’ve got to have lunch yet... maybe this afternoon? I hope...
Same I was expecting a lot more to be honest, got a bad feeling about it.

• Do we think that a witness will be put on the stand to testify seening RM and TM arguing on the street that night (the neighbour)
  • While out searching for Alesha TM supposedly said to her friend I have a bad feeling about the accused.
  • How does the accused know about any allegations of domestic abuse? RM is currently on bail, which meaning incident TM refered to happened AFTER Alesha was killed - how would the accused know to mention this at all given he would have been locked up.
  • No evidence of the accused being in the property is enough to cause reasonable doubt.....TM testified to the closing Aleshas bedroom door. I think RMs statement accounts for those handprints.
  • There seems to have been a couple of mistakes made by police Scotland re the hoody and whatever the statement amendment was.
  • The accused hasn't incriminated himself in his interview when arrested, the police other confirmed he was adviced to say nothing.
  • If the CCTV from accuseds mother's house was damning evidence enough then surely the police would have arrested him there and then

I'd imagine more DNA evidence will be coming, probably this afternoon. However, if this is the strongest evidence they've got it's not very convincing honestly...

I mean don't get me wrong the accused's overall behaviour - and the other evidence so far - is fairly damning but I think they'll need something a bit heavier today. Especially when the defence gets a chance to start planting doubt in the jury's mind.

10:59
Court hears about boy's arrest
Detective Inspector Monica Haggerty is the next witness to give evidence in court.

She was there when police recovered jogging bottoms and boxers from the beach in Rothesay.

She was also among the officers who arrested the accused at his home.

The court hears the teenager was taken to a Glasgow police station to be interviewed.

11:12
Teen 'answered every police question with "no comment"'
The teenager answered every question with “no comment” during his police interview, the court hears.

Giving evidence, Detective Constable Ian Wilson says he was present at Helen Street Police Station when the boy was being quizzed.

He tells the court the suspect asked for a solicitor to be present during the interview.

He also says it was the boy’s right to reply “no comment” to questions..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member