Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steleheart

Reaction score
Police 'working tirelessly' as search for missing Leah Croucher is stepped up

"Leah was last seen by family on Quantock Crescent, Emerson Valley, in Milton Keynes at around 10pm on Thursday (14/2) and was reported missing the next day.

Since the investigation began, a confirmed sighting of Leah was reported on Buzzacott Lane in Furzton, just after 8.15am on Friday (15/2), walking in the direction of Loxbeare Drive and Chaffron Way.

We would urge anyone who was in that area at the same time and may have seen her to get in touch.

Leah is white, of a slim build with below shoulder length brown hair and sometimes wears glasses.

She was last seen dressed in a black coat, skinny black jeans and black Converse high top shoes and was carrying a small black rucksack.

Leah is known to travel on foot through the Furzton area and into Knowlhill."

Lake searched in missing teen case

"Police investigating the disappearance of a teenager have begun searching a lake in the area she was last spotted.

Leah Croucher, 19, was last seen by her family in Quantock Crescent, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes at about 22:00 GMT on Thursday.

Police have released CCTV of her walking down Buzzacott Lane in Furzton at about 08:15 on Friday, believed to be in the direction of her work.

Ch Insp Neil Kentish said a lack of family contact was "highly unusual".

He added that police were keeping an "open mind" about what may have happened to Ms Croucher."

_105702981_62f61bbf-0509-4e05-ab0c-17d73e8e42ee.jpg

When did Leah Croucher go missing and where was she last seen?

[...]

Where was she last seen?
Leah was last seen in Quantock Crescent, Emerson Valley, in Milton Keynes.

Investigating officers have now discovered CCTV footage of Leah in Buzzacott Lane on Friday, February 15.

She was walking in the direction of Loxbeare Drive and Chaffron Way

Leah is known to travel on foot through the Furzton area and into Knowlhill.

On February 19, police searched Furzton Lake as her family appealed for her to come home.

[...]

This really hits close to home I cycle to work from willen to Bletchley in Milton Keynes almost every morning. I would have been at Furzton around this same time Friday she was last seen, but got a ride in because I didn’t want to turn up sweaty for a presentation I had. Makes me nervous.
I sure hope she is found soon safe. Her poor family must be terrified!
Why didn’t she contact her family Thursday evening or Friday morning? Did they have an argument? Could she have been meeting up with someone she met online? Also she was headed towards work apparently so it seems she wasn’t running away or anything. So strange and scary!

This really hits close to home I cycle to work from willen to Bletchley in Milton Keynes almost every morning. I would have been at Furzton around this same time Friday she was last seen, but got a ride in because I didn’t want to turn up sweaty for a presentation I had. Makes me nervous.
I sure hope she is found soon safe. Her poor family must be terrified!
Why didn’t she contact her family Thursday evening or Friday morning? Did they have an argument? Could she have been meeting up with someone she met online? Also she was headed towards work apparently so it seems she wasn’t running away or anything. So strange and scary!

Would it normally be quite busy in that area of the CCTV footage at that time of day? I would have thought a lot of kids would be in the area going to school?

From Buzzacott lane, how did they know she was heading that way? Maybe it was the general direction because it doesn't link directly. It looks v close to the lake at the Chaffron Way junction but really it's set back isnt it? Quite a walk to Knowlhill?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 57
Thank you for posting that I hadn't seen it and I'm from mk! All I have seen of this is shares from the family via sm.. I don't know what to make of this, nothing happens around here ( bar my earlier post regarding the attempted kidnapping) there was another incident last year in which a young girl was kidnapped and then dumped on a road elsewhere, I will post a link after when I find it. The last incident where a young girl went missing was back in 2000.. I will post a link its interesting reading regarding the justice system.....

An innocent man 'rotting in jail'
Ahmed guilty of Manning murder

It seems very much as though she was just heading to work. It’s very odd.

I would also think it could be even more concerning if Leah was heading to work than if she was supposed to be going to work and was actually caught heading in a different direction, doing something different from normal...the latter could mean that she's taken off for a few days. But being in her normal schedule means something has interrupted that schedule, and it's worrying what that might be.

delete by me

Last edited:
I think Leah works on Davy Avenue if that helps anyone doing map searches.

If I'm right the most obvious route is as follows:

From her house on Quantock Crescent
Pedestrian cut through from crescent to Leigh Hill then pathway which goes under Fulmer Street (main road).
Follow path on other side of road then immediate left, following path onto long straight green bit (looks like an old railway cutting maybe, hopefully a local can confirm)
Across Buzzacott Lane (CCTV)
Into the park with Teletubbie Hill in it

Then either straight on, onto Loxbeare Drive, Chaffron Way, Davy Avenue

Or (more likely IMO, it looks nicer!) eastwards through the thin bit of the park, over the lake bridge and onto Watling Street to Davy Avenue.

It's approx 2 miles either way and looks like a very nice walk, mainly through well maintained green areas, pathways and parkland.

Seems something happened in that park nearby the lake though, pretty sure CCTV would catch her if she'd made it to a main road

I tried to plot the route on a map but got completely tangled, be great if anyone else fancies having a go.

Last edited:
I’m local and it’s very hard to be near the water she would cross a bridge and apart from that very set back
A lad was found in the lake but that was walking home after a night out which was also surprising but the drink element explained it more than if this girl has unfortunately ended up in the lake
It’s a place I walk regularly and never a threatening area but this is a puzzle and I really feel for the family at this time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member