Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is one of the key issues to me. is it true that LE did not get involved until a few days had passed? one of the reasons the watts case was solved so quickly is that concerned friends wasted no time in acting on their hunches and misgivings about SW not answering texts and calls.

There is usually a 48 hour hold on missing adults, because, as adults, we are allowed to go missing if we want. SS's mother did not even report her as missing until the evening of the 4th. Mom's last call with her, at 3:00 a.m. did not relay to her that SS was distressed, only intoxicated. When Mom didn't reach her that morning, at 8:00 a.m. or so, she likely felt she was somewhere sleeping off the prior night's festivities. Unfortunately, LE didn't know who to look for, only a vehicle. Luckily, the off-duty cop, spotted the one that they'd circulated from the Good Sam Cam.

Can anyone find when LE actually received a missing persons call and started an active search?

When I consider all I know about this case It makes sense she was already talking with one or more of the men when her friend or friends left. I'm thinking they had already discussed partying and offered a ride to the car either before her friend or friends left or right after.

The Facetime calls tell me Savannah was going to do something other than be driven to her car. She told her Mom she was having fun with friends and would be home later that morning. I would think if she was being driven to the car she would have said something like, I'm on my way to the car and be home soon.

BBM
Same. They were heading for more fun since the bars were closing down. There's lots of fun, still to be had, after 2:30 a.m.

Can anyone find when LE actually received a missing persons call and started an active search?

Here's a sort of ragged timeline.
Savannah used her mother’s car to drive herself and a friend about 45 minutes to Lexington, Kentucky, to visit another friend. Police would later learn that, after arriving at the friend’s house, Savannah and her two friends drove to The Other Bar in a different car, leaving Ellen Spurlock’s car at the house.

“I got the call and she said she was in Lexington and that everything was fine,” Ellen told "Dateline." Savannah told her mother she was in a car, and Ellen says she could see a man was driving, though she did not recognize him. “There were 1-2 people in the back seat who were hollering and talking over each other.” Ellen said she couldn’t clearly see who was in the back seat, but said Savannah did not seem upset. “She said: ‘I will be home later this morning. I promise.’

When Ellen woke up around 8 a.m. to find Savannah hadn’t returned home, she thought it was “unusual, but not the end of the world.” Savannah knew her mother needed to use the car that day, though, so Ellen called Savannah’s cellphone to check in with her. The call went straight to voicemail.

As morning turned to afternoon and afternoon to evening without Savannah coming home, Ellen’s concern grew. She called the Richmond Police Department that night to report her daughter missing.

Through interviews with the three men, Richardson says authorities “have no facts that lead us to believe” Savannah knew any of them, though they knew one another.

Kentucky police identify men last seen with missing young mother Savannah Spurlock

Very possible. Even if they were going to a mutual friend's home in GC. Once they got past Nicholasville, that's a pretty lonely ride at 3:00 - 4:00 a.m. Some second guessing could have run through her mind. Even so, there's that little voice in your head, when one has been drinking, that says, Ohhh, don't be silly, all is fine!!!!

They probably didn't hit where they were going til at around 3:30-4:00 a.m. or close to it. Daylight would start to break between 6:30 and 7:00 a.m. So whatever happened, happened fast. If she is deceased, and someone hid her body, it was done very close, and quickly, that Fri. a.m.

The missing notice was not really circulated til at least four to five days after she went missing (after the truck was pulled over). I've a feeling they quickly hid her body, and then, later, moved her body, to a better location. If so, that gives a whole new possibility of search locations. In following cases, on WS, for nearly three years now, I've noticed a trend that perps seem to hide bodies/evidence within about 25 miles of their home location. I guess it is a combination of knowing the area, and they are very short on time.
How 'bout the opposite little voice "Oh what have I got into".....I'm wondering when she hit the panic button.....

Last edited:
This is not really the place to say it but we need to educate people to do some things to protect themselves and/or get help coming.
Everyone should have a code word with their parent that can be said on the phone or via facetime that lets them know you're in danger. It can be a word or phrase you generally hate to use but you just say it like "I'm marvelous". Also it wouldn't hurt to share an envelope with your social media password with a loved one to help lock down some of the ignorance that gets placed on public profiles and maybe even see some of those messenger conversations that may help find a suspect. (warrants to access probably are slow and rarely attempted due to pushback). I always tell my daughter to go with friends, leave with friends. There should be a discussion in high school about all of this. Hopefully, someone with some pull can share this with lawmakers/dept of education.

This woman's body was found in the county North of where Savannah went missing and LE said the body was deceased for days, not weeks (though cold can really throw off a decomp timeline unless you have a very good ME on it). Just putting it out there in case there are other missing women in KY that WS is tracking. Woman's body found in creek in Knox County - ABC 36 News

Knox County (Barbourville) isn't north of Garrard County-it's pretty far south east. About two hours away.

This is not really the place to say it but we need to educate people to do some things to protect themselves and/or get help coming.
Everyone should have a code word with their parent that can be said on the phone or via facetime that lets them know you're in danger. It can be a word or phrase you generally hate to use but you just say it like "I'm marvelous". Also it wouldn't hurt to share an envelope with your social media password with a loved one to help lock down some of the ignorance that gets placed on public profiles and maybe even see some of those messenger conversations that may help find a suspect. (warrants to access probably are slow and rarely attempted due to pushback). I always tell my daughter to go with friends, leave with friends. There should be a discussion in high school about all of this. Hopefully, someone with some pull can share this with lawmakers/dept of education.
Great idea and the envelope make sure and lick it, so everyone does not have to go digging thru all your stuff to find a hairbrush for DNA ...Seriously good idea I had a pick up code word with my kiddo but guess what I cant even remember it Gah!

I'm surprised that the names of the three males has not leaked. We can only speculate on one. The police keeping their names under wraps is a double-edged sword.....I understand that they have not been charged. If more homes were searched (someone had mentioned 1-2 others)........would the neighbors get nosey/suspicious, see the video frames on TV/internet, then put 2+2 together.......and the neighbors aren't talking?

Didn't we just have a whole discussion on they had 6 hours to do whatever so they might have driven her a long way?

Yes, but the post that I quoted said that Knox County is NORTH of Garrard County. It's not. It's south. In fact, it's pretty close to the Tennessee border. If we're looking at surrounding counties that they may have traveled to in the disposal of a body then it helps to have a working geographical knowledge of where said counties are. Kentuckians tend to identify ourselves by county, especially the further east you go.

map.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, but the post that I quoted said that Knox County is NORTH of Garrard County. It's not. It's south. In fact, it's pretty close to the Tennessee border. If we're looking at surrounding counties that they may have traveled to in the disposal of a body then it helps to have a working geographical knowledge of where said counties are. Kentuckians tend to identify ourselves by county, especially the further east you go.

View attachment 169889

LOL just re read that and I sounded like a Grumpy old man ...Sorry :) dont know where that came from ( I'm really mad at my husband, its spilling over )

I also wonder if any of these men followed the news and knew she was missing and called LE...or did LE have to come to them. There is just no way I can imagine her walking up the road in a unfamiliar town when she had a cell phone.
LOL.....Heaven Leigh, Huh?!?.....I lived in Nashville for five years......

.....the guy in the truck was stopped by the police..based on the cam....

Last edited:
So if you were LE and you saw that Chevy S-10 (recognized from the cam) on the highway (for the first time), you pulled him over and you get out of your cruiser......other than "license and registration, Please", what would be your first question to our young male driver?

Last edited:
LOL @ KEDude I had to google Heaven Lee and Nashville..haha
Oh I didn't realize the truck was stopped by Police. thanks-
I sure wish we knew more ! making me crazy.

How 'bout the opposite little voice "Oh **** what have I got into".....I'm wondering when she hit the panic button.....

It's possible that she never hit panic mode. It could even be possible that she passed out, and regurgitated in her sleep, (just from possibly drinking more than her normal tolerance), and if so, and not discovered quickly, she could have choked to death, while everyone else was in another room, or passed out.

I just don't think they meant her harm but, if something went sideways, somewhere during their travels, it's possible someone could have deliberately murdered her.

The locations they have been searching, along with the undisclosed home, lead me toward folks in party mode, something bad happened, and a cover-up was done by the witness(es).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member