GUILTY MO - St. Louis County - Man enters store, commits sexual assault & murder, 19 November 2018 *Arrest*

And hopefully it’s helpful for this victim to know her attacker has been arrested. How unbelievably brazen, that he’d randomly target someone to attack because he saw her innocently walking from her car to her house. The ultimate lowest of low, the opportunist predator imo, and the most difficult for LE to nail down.
For sure! And seeing that Jayme C. was targeted by JP while getting off the school bus?!

Both cases a stark warning that we never know who we are encountering as we go about our seemingly monotonous daily lives.

So it appears the modus operandi of this despicable involves a crime of opportunity in broad daylight using impersonation to gain trust. Doesn’t that mirror many of the Delphi theories here? I think this victim owes her life to her cellphone ringing.

From your link:
“The woman told police she was walking from her car to her home near Hillsboro between 4 and 4:30 p.m. on Sept. 27 when she saw a red car drive slowly by. Moments later, Bruce knocked on her door, according to court documents. He claimed he was with AMVETS, a service organization for veterans, and wanted to ask her a few questions and was willing to pay her......

......Once inside, Bruce sexually abused the woman and demanded she perform a sex act, according to the charges. As he dragged her into a bedroom, her house phone rang, according to the charges. The victim told Bruce her husband was calling because he was on his way home. Bruce told her he would kill him when he got home. Then he put the victim in a bedroom and demanded she stay there, according to the court documents. He left, taking her cellphone.”
The Delphi murders involved children, not grown adults. Big difference. The Delphi murders happened outdoors in a remote location, not indoors in a more populated area. Another big difference. Plus, there is nothing to suggest BG impersonated anyone. So, I see few similarities with the Delphi case.

The Delphi murders involved children, not grown adults. Big difference. The Delphi murders happened outdoors in a remote location, not indoors in a more populated area. Another big difference. Plus, there is nothing to suggest BG impersonated anyone. So, I see few similarities with the Delphi case.

It’s impossible to know if TB scoped out his victims because they fell within a specific age group or if any prior crimes were limited to indoors only. Violent opportunities are not always selective. And no, there’s nothing to suggest BG impersonated anyone nor did I say that, but it’s certainly been speculated.

I just can’t believe TB in his 50s suddenly became a first time (allegedly) vile and vicious predator prone to committing random sexual assaults and murder. IMO he has a past history and it will take time and energy for LE to expose it but right now, he’s no longer a danger to anyone because he’s off the street.

I haven't been on the thread for awhile, but I googled Thomas Bruce today to see if there were any updates. This info might already have been posted and discussed, but just in case anyone missed it: TB is charged with sexual assault on that 77yo woman who recognized TB as her attacker when his photo was shown after the Catholic Store attacks.

77yo. He really has absolutely no respect for women. And, no apparent preference of ages of his victims. But, again, he seems to go after who most would consider "innocent" women, imo.

Catholic Supply suspect charged in seemingly random sexual attack in Jefferson County 2 months earlier

I haven't been on the thread for awhile, but I googled Thomas Bruce today to see if there were any updates. This info might already have been posted and discussed, but just in case anyone missed it: TB is charged with sexual assault on that 77yo woman who recognized TB as her attacker when his photo was shown after the Catholic Store attacks.

77yo. He really has absolutely no respect for women. And, no apparent preference of ages of his victims. But, again, he seems to go after who most would consider "innocent" women, imo.

Catholic Supply suspect charged in seemingly random sexual attack in Jefferson County 2 months earlier

Yes, innocent strangers. Comparing the attack of the senior in her home and the women at the Catholic supply store, neither involved abduction of a victim to a secondary location. He was a predator seeking vulnerable females in an environment where he stood a good chance of quickly committing his crimes without being caught, then be gone in a flash without a trace.

Had he not left his business card at the bar nearby to someone astute enough to make the possible connection, the Catholic Supply store murder/violent assaults might’ve remained unsolved.

A St. Louis County grand jury has returned a 17-count indictment against a man suspected of killing a woman and sexually assaulting two others inside a suburban St. Louis religious supply store.

The indictment filed Wednesday mirrors charges prosecutors filed in November against Thomas Bruce of Imperial, Missouri. They include one count of first-degree murder, three counts of sodomy or attempted sodomy, three counts of kidnapping, eight counts of armed criminal action and one count each of burglary and tampering with evidence.

Bruce, 53, is jailed without bond.

https://www.ktrs.com/grand-jury-indicts-man-in-religious-supply-store-attack/

Definitely appears as if he’s attempting to make himself appear older as well. The woman who he’s accused of SA in her home recognized TB from his arrest photo iirc.

Good observation. Hopefully it won't work. From the description of the High Ridge woman's attack, its uncertain if they have DNA evidence. With the Catholic Supply Store attack looking like a sure conviction, it will be hard to argue that he wasn't the attacker in the woman's home.

Prosecution has sure kept a tight lid on this case.

I live almost entirely on the civil side of things, but we have them there too. They're basically an informal check-in meeting between the judge and the attorneys. A status conference would be a much better name for them.

Ours are held in the Judge's chambers and we update the Judge on the current status of the case, talk about any discovery disputes we're having, what the key issues are going to be, etc. There will typically be several/many of these, generally every 3 months, so the Judge can keep tabs on the case and make sure it's moving along.

Here in Missouri, they're nowhere near as formal as the one in the article GraceG linked.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Janewiththedogs
Back