UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was convinced that AC was guilty but this post-verdict revelation from his mother that TMc’s aunty said TMc saw Alesha at 2 am raises significant questions, so much so that had the jury been aware of this, they may well have found this case to be not proven

Can someone help me out here please?
  1. how is the knife relevant? Did Alesha have knife injuries?
  2. the front door (at the top of the stairs) looks like a standard front door with no handle . You need a key to open it. No prints from AC anywhere on the door. Therefore, I am thinking that on the inside of the door would be too high for Alesha to let herself out or let anyone in.
  3. the joggers - am i correct in thinking that AC did NOT take these with him on the second or third outing and disposed of them some other time?#
  4. what about the t shirt he was wearing that evening?
Thank you!!

Maybe because it’s plausible, maybe because of the senslessness of it. People are naturally curious/nosey. They also want to understand what drove this. Even if some of the rumours were true, nothing justifies what the end result was. . There had to be some connection otherwise why would a seemingly normal teenager wait outside a house for the opportunity to snatch a child. Why that child? it would seem if there were no connection what would lead him, Other than drugs, to their home ? I do think it was opportunist personally, but you don’t get to this behaviour from nowhere and I think that’s what most people are curious of. I doubt he’ll be telling the truth any time soon.

I did post a theory as to why he chose poor Alesha in the other thread,and I personally think he was the only person involved,and as others have speculated I think he implacated TM purely out of spite as her aunt was the one who urged his mum to turn over the cctv.

2. the front door (at the top of the stairs) looks like a standard front door with no handle . You need a key to open it. No prints from AC anywhere on the door. Therefore, I am thinking that on the inside of the door would be too high for Alesha to let herself out or let anyone in.
  3. the joggers - am i correct in thinking that AC did NOT take these with him on the second or third outing and disposed of them some other time?#
Thank you!!
Of all the places to find a big scary knife, it just happened to be on the shore right opposite the flat where the child was said to be. Suspicious minds might be forgiven for questioning if it was planted there on purpose.

Thank you!!

1. Not entirely sure. It's speculated he took it with him perhaps to originally use it as a weapon to steal drugs from RM, it's also been speculated he used it to keep Alesha quiet while he abducted her. Not aware of any knife injuries but perhaps there were some and it's just not public knowledge.

2. Alesha's gran left the key in the door by accident she said? So I guess it was already unlocked.

3. It could have been one the items he was carrying when he left the house the second time or he could have disposed of them another time like you said.

4. Not sure about the t-shirt. Maybe he disposed of it and it drifted out into sea, maybe he washed it and it's at home but I doubt that.

Tried to answer as best as I could, not sure if any of that is accurate though, apologies if it's not!

What do people think the sentence shall be, i think for an upper end indefinite,he will never get out, lower end minimum in prison 40 years, Im pretty sure the judge is going to make an example of him

I think it probably will be quite a lengthy sentence, but I do believe he will get out at some point. I just don't see a 16 year old being imprisoned for life, not in Scotland anyway. Unless his behaviour in prison is appalling and he shows signs of being a persistent danger but I doubt it will happen. He might be out as early as his mid-to-late 30's which might seem unfathomable but it really wouldn't surprise me.

Is there a picture of the door to the flat? Did it have a Yale or Mortis (not sure of the spelling) lock?
Do we know if the key was in the inside or outside of the door?

I have left my key in the outside of the door before by accident, more than once..but I would usually notice this before going to bed as I always lock the door then but It could have been there for a couple hours so I can see how it could have happened if it was actually the outside..

I was convinced that AC was guilty but this post-verdict revelation from his mother that TMc’s aunty said TMc saw Alesha at 2 am raises significant questions, so much so that had the jury been aware of this, they may well have found this case to be not proven
That isn't evidence, it is third or fourth hand paraphrasing. Had it been an issue, it would have been brought up in court.

TM is a victim.
If TM had of been with AC after rowing with RM, wouldnt she have ended up at AC house, all he would have had to said to his mum TM is staying over

I think the verdict was right, there was a build up to crime after the crime, him trying to cover it up, and the crime that was committed in under 2 hours, and yet like detectives we all look at those under 2 hours over and over again

What do people think the sentence shall be, i think for an upper end indefinite,he will never get out, lower end minimum in prison 40 years, Im pretty sure the judge is going to make an example of him
life with a minimum served time of 25-30. The recent case in Wolverhampton was below this.

1. Not entirely sure. It's speculated he took it with him perhaps to originally use it as a weapon to steal drugs from RM, it's also been speculated he used it to keep Alesha quiet while he abducted her. Not aware of any knife injuries but perhaps there were some and it's just not public knowledge.

2. Alesha's gran left the key in the door by accident she said? So I guess it was already unlocked.

3. It could have been one the items he was carrying when he left the house the second time or he could have disposed of them another time like you said.

4. Not sure about the t-shirt. Maybe he disposed of it and it drifted out into sea, maybe he washed it and it's at home but I doubt that.

Tried to answer as best as I could, not sure if any of that is accurate though, apologies if it's not!
Thank you.
1. Thanks I'll research and see re injuries;
2. so he let himself in with the key and left no prints on the door or anywhere else?;
3. when were the joggers recovered on the beach?
4. mmm fibres from the joggers but nothing from his top half, bearing in mind that he was carrying her over his shoulder.

Is there a picture of the door to the flat? Did it have a Yale or Mortis (not sure of the spelling) lock?
Do we know if the key was in the inside or outside of the door?

I have left my key in the outside of the door before by accident, more than once..but I would usually notice this before going to bed as I always lock the door then but It could have been there for a couple hours so I can see how it could have happened if it was actually the outside..
I'm pondering this one also. I think it was a yale type lock and the key was on the outside. I believe that the statement from Aleshas grandmother stated that the key was left on the outside so that people could let themselves in.

I'm pondering this one also. I think it was a yale type lock and the key was on the outside. I believe that the statement from Aleshas grandmother stated that the key was left on the outside so that people could let themselves in.
That's what I thought might have happened. There probably weren't enough keys for all four adults to have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes