UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I’m new to Websleuths.

I’ve never followed a criminal case as much as I have this one.
I’d like to say thanks to everyone who’s posted here – I've tried to read all the posts.

My heart goes out to Alesha’s family - I hope that in the future they can find peace.

Many unanswered questions relating to the actions of AC on that night; I understand that we may never get all the answers – if any. He may never admit or commit himself to explaining them.
I’m still struggling with his actions and his demeanour straight after.
He took steps to cover some of his tracks and then he went to bed. Did he not think that the body would be found relatively quickly the next morning?

Some observations too – apologies if they've already been covered;

I haven’t read anywhere that states that they found anything inappropriate on his computer. Usually the newspapers publish that, they’ve only mentioned video games.
Are the stories of his past actions alleged or true? Would we have been told if he had any previous convictions or cautions?
I googled part of Gortons Rd however it stops at a certain point – are there any houses near to the site where A was found?

At the start of the CCTV at his house, he crosses the road however we don’t see where he went.
Is he saying “Shh” at 0.30 of the CCTV?

I wonder if we’ll ever be privy to any of his psychiatric reports (or part) in the years to come,

As an aside – on the one hand we’re told that there’s a low crime rate in Rothesay (people leaving keys in doors) however there does seem to be a lot of houses with CCTV cameras.

Thanks.
Re the CCTV. On a previous thread I posted a link to planning applications relating to a local pub/diner. The link had documents to a running dispute between the neighbouring houses and the pub. These houses were the ones with the CCTV used, so IMO they may have had installed for that reason. Truthseeker1975 may have more info as a local.

Last edited:
Sorry I meant on cctv where he looks like a lad sneaking in from some underage drinking then a violent fiend. Likewise his text exchange the next day with tm.

They got the right guy and someone who would have gone on to far worse, but I’m concerned how they got there and why the evidence is so poor everywhere except the crime scene.

And yes I keep hearing Rothesay is some idyllic paradise...just one where drugs and drink are the norm and where murdering paedophiles seem to be quite common.
It's certainly not done Rothesay's reputation any favours. I'm guessing tourism on Rothesay is going to take a dip.

Well that’s interesting.. was everyone not already in the house for the evening so why leave key in the door if everyone is home already no one will need to let themselves in??

Makes the witness who saw TM and RM more believable as if they were actually out the key was left for them to get in..
Early in the court case it emerged that the step grandmother had accidentally left the keys in the door and was totally distraught about it.

He blamed TM his defence built on that and lost

Yeh I know but if his defense was blaming Toni then why was he not asked in court about going back and forth from his house at a ridiculous time in the morning, once half naked and once with a torch. I just don't remember them pressing him much on the CCTV footage from the updates I was following from court but maybe I missed something.

Sorry I meant on cctv where he looks like a lad sneaking in from some underage drinking then a violent fiend. Likewise his text exchange the next day with tm.

They got the right guy and someone who would have gone on to far worse, but I’m concerned how they got there and why the evidence is so poor everywhere except the crime scene.

And yes I keep hearing Rothesay is some idyllic paradise...just one where drugs and drink are the norm and where murdering paedophiles seem to be quite common.

My first thought on seeing the CCTV video (and not taking anything else into account) was that he was going to some other friends house after his party or meeting a group of them in the street if they were still congregating about. Was there not an argument at his house with his mother? Maybe they all got kicked out?

Guys I hope I am not breaking rules by asking this - if anyone is going to know the answer you lot will.

We have seen reports in press this week that AC's girlfriend is standing by him

A. This is the first I have heard mention of a girlfriend
B. I'm thinking that the journo's have twisted AC's mothers words.

My question is ... have we any new press releases that contradicts this - I am praying there is as there is a bunch of angry social media heads out there with pitchforks and I'd hate for some daft but 'innocent' wee lassie to get annihilated - there has been enough blood and tears spilt in this case already.

Again if this is not allowed let me know - I only ask out of concern

Girlfriend 'stands by' Aaron Campbell after he raped and killed Alesha MacPhail | Metro News

I see the Daily Mail have just posted a photo of Aaron with his girlfriend although fortunately, they've blurred out her face. They used a filter anyway in their photo.

@molly67 I believe he does have a girlfriend and she was sticking by him at least up until the trial, according to his mother. Whether she will continue to now, or not, is up to her.

Yeh I know but if his defense was blaming Toni then why was he not asked in court about going back and forth from his house at a ridiculous time in the morning, once half naked and once with a torch. I just don't remember them pressing him much on the CCTV footage from the updates I was following from court but maybe I missed something.

The tweets in this trial were extremely limited. As an example, I just searched the number of tweets from a reporter for the Kelsey Berreth case on the date of his recent hearing. He tweeted 152 times on just one day reporting on case evidence.

Then I went and searched tweets for Connor Gilles from the BBC who was one of the main reporters on this trial. Since the beginning of the trial (which was about 10 days), he has tweeted only 259 times.

We know very little of what happened during this trial.

You know I initially felt a bit confused about the girlfriend because I wondered how she could still be with Aaron but I do feel sorry for her. If she's going to be dragged into this now, with papers trying to publish her photos and people trying to look her up, she'll have a horrible time. I hope people leave her alone. She's only 16 and I'm sure her world has been turned upside down as well.

There seems to be a fair bit of naivety on here in regards to Rothesay/Bute imo.

I’m having a bit of giggle at the shock about the drink/drugs culture tbh.

Having grown up in a similarly sized seaside town, which would definitely be described as an idyllic holiday retreat in all the tourist blurb, I can assure that the fondness for drink and availability of drugs we’ve heard about is far from uncommon in these little places where there’s little to do other than admire the scenery.

Im thinking of a profile for AC, some might not agree but i think he suffered from spoilt brat syndrome, he got everything he wanted but never satisfied

Certainly seems to me that he was the one in control in that household and his mum had no authority over him.

I know she said he hadn't been violent but I would think she would be scared of him and trying to pacify him.

I know from experience when I had issues with my teenage son I constantly walked on eggshells around him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acalvert