UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think AC will remain a danger for the rest of his life and I just don't agree in the release of these types of people at any point because you're risking someone's life potentially. I'm sure they will try to rehabilitate him but this guy is clearly capable of manipulating people and convincing them he's been rehabilitated when he's not. He not only seems to be a psychopath , but he is also a paedophile and I just don't see how you can ever risk having these people out among society....while I don't agree that killing them is the answer I think they must be kept in jail. It's not much of a life but it's something.

Agree 100% this lad is too dangerous to ever be released

Maybe the witness was told not to mention the 'argument' in a more jovial way than she let on? Perhaps she exaggerated the pressure not to say anything?

Agree 100% this lad is too dangerous to ever be released

I also would love to see him in about a year when the honeymoon period is over and he realises he is in for a very long time

I expect he will play the victim crying to mummy and anyone who will listen how hard life has become

He seemed to love the attention after the murder and during the whole court case
It was definitely feeding his narcissistic personality but it soon fades when your stuck in a cell

Nope ... sorry ... I'm still not getting it.

What about my comment made you think that I have 'insider knowledge' ?
Oh dear, this just seems to be going on and on now. That was in reference to your comments re Georgina allowing her child to visit her father who was a drug user/seller. As far as I am concerned, that was not the case at all (that she was aware of any of that). I simply presumed that you had knowledge that the majority of us on here did not. Let's just leave this be now, I do not wish to be timed-out by the mods. I have already stated to you that every one has their own opinion. I have expressed mine, you have expressed yours, that is the end of it as far as I am concerned. Let's just move on.

Completely agree. Sexual preferences are biological and it is too risky to children to let these people out of prison thinking they might abstain. I think anyone charged with child *advertiser censored* or any type of sexual assault of a child should receive life in prison.
That is the most massive sweeping statement I have seen on here! I had a late night visit from the police with my 15 year old daughter (two weeks away from being 16). She had been caught in a compromising position in her boyfriends car. The police really pushed us to press charges, we declined which at the time was really hard. Five years later they are still together, still happy. If we had been a different set of parents, he would have been banged up and labelled a sex offender for life.

I think AC will remain a danger for the rest of his life and I just don't agree in the release of these types of people at any point because you're risking someone's life potentially. I'm sure they will try to rehabilitate him but this guy is clearly capable of manipulating people and convincing them he's been rehabilitated when he's not. He not only seems to be a psychopath , but he is also a paedophile and I just don't see how you can ever risk having these people out among society....while I don't agree that killing them is the answer I think they must be kept in jail. It's not much of a life but it's something.
The crime is too horrific and his behaviour straight after when he seemingly blanked it out - chilling.
I think that he will have a very hard time adjusting to whatever sentencing he gets whether it's in a high- security psychiatric hospital or HMP Barlinnie.

That is the most massive sweeping statement I have seen on here! I had a late night visit from the police with my 15 year old daughter (two weeks away from being 16). She had been caught in a compromising position in her boyfriends car. The police really pushed us to press charges, we declined which at the time was really hard. Five years later they are still together, still happy. If we had been a different set of parents, he would have been banged up and labelled a sex offender for life.

Yes I remember someone at a party when we were 15/16 similar situation police caught the boy and girl in a garage
She panicked and they were going to press charges as she felt embarrassed by the situation
nothing happened in the end but mud sticks and he was called names etc even though no charges were pressed and I believe the two still were on speaking terms

The crime is too horrific and his behaviour straight after when he seemingly blanked it out - chilling.
I think that he will have a very hard time adjusting to whatever sentencing he gets whether it's in a high- security psychiatric hospital or HMP Barlinnie.

Exactly what I think
His coolness denial etc makes what happened afterwards as chilling as the crime

IMO categorizing everyone under 16 as a child in the context of abuse is the problem. There is a world of difference between two young people of fifteen having a consensual relationship and a child of six being assaulted or raped

Yeh a lot of youngsters are sexually active from around 14 onwards these days (some before) and so obviously cases involving people of this age need to be looked at differently but I do agree that someone who is convicted of abusing a preteen girl should be locked up for life or they should maybe create communities for them where they are defiinitely kept away from children.

Oh dear, this just seems to be going on and on now. That was in reference to your comments re Georgina allowing her child to visit her father who was a drug user/seller. As far as I am concerned, that was not the case at all (that she was aware of any of that). I simply presumed that you had knowledge that the majority of us on here did not. Let's just leave this be now, I do not wish to be timed-out by the mods. I have already stated to you that every one has their own opinion. I have expressed mine, you have expressed yours, that is the end of it as far as I am concerned. Let's just move on.

I don't see that either of us has done anything to deserve a time out.

The main issue was that you weren't explaining yourself in a way that I was understanding.

Now I can finally answer your clear query -

IMO - if the father of your child is a weed smoker - there's not a chance in hell that you don't know.

So, no insider info, no info you're not privy to.

Hope that clarifies things to a conclusion.

IMO categorizing everyone under 16 as a child in the context of abuse is the problem. There is a world of difference between two young people of fifteen having a consensual relationship and a child of six being assaulted or raped[/QUOTE

For the purposes of sexual offending risk assessment only pre pubescent children (as wholly non consenting victims) lends weight to the idea of underlying an underlying sexual interest in children and true paedophilia - in my exployment where both victim and perp are children there has to be an age gap of at least five years for a sexual
Interest in children to be considered as a potential driving attitude / risk factor. Consenting / experimental age appropriate sexual relationships e.g. Teens (unless otherwise exploitative attitudes present etc) wouldn't give rise to concerns ordinarily.

(But could still result in a conviction obviously, even though age appropriate perhaps teens experimenting type relationship...)

Probably did not call anyone because they would of ridiculed it
I believe they knew they were fighting an impossible case but had to follow the clients wishes
I agree. But remember we're talking about a 16 yr old who really can't make a mature calculation, but is supremely confident. So he made the decision and everyone else acquiesced.

Is there proof that AC " goes past Alesha's grandparents home?"

Is it uncertain as to who used AC's sister's FB account to contact TM?
If AC did would he have known his sister's password?
What's the explanation as to the mechanics of this?
No CCTV image of him leaving - either not deemed essential to release or CCTV not switched on?
Is it likely that there are other drug dealers in the area that AC knew of?

Here's the tweet from the trial ( the she referred to is ACs mother )

Radio Clyde News‏Verified account @RadioClydeNews 2m2 minutes ago
Says she went further back in the CCTV to discover he left in the direction of Rothesay town and passed Robert MacPhail’s home.
He returned from a different direction and had a shower. He left again wearing only shorts and carrying a T-Shirt and jumped over a wall.

I think the way the journalist has condensed this information is confusing.
It reads as though ACs mother could see him, on cctv, walking past the Macphail home. For that to be possible, AC and family would have to live practically next door to the Macphails.
I suspect there may have been two questions to the witness and her answers were condensed into one tweet.
EG: She is asked which way AC went, when he left home at 1.54am and she replies, in the direction of Rothesay.
There is then a follow up question, to clarify whether AC would have passed the Macphail home on his route, and she replies yes.
Journalist then combines the answers into one tweet.
That is completely my opinion based on what we know of the location of the houses.

Hi C ,It’s been implied that they weren’t were they said they were I would go back to quote but haven’t the energy to go through the posts again .
Thanks, Keeneye, don't bother looking, I'll take it as a given, I couldn't find it either. No matter who else was there or not, you are right, the grandad and his partner were there throughout, so wee Alesha was never left alone.

I think with younger criminals, our system in the UK is set up to rehabilitate and it’ll be entirely dependent on how his rehabilitation goes in jail.

But there are ones who slip through the net like you say. Convince the right people that you are rehabilitated and you can go.

It happened recently in Scotland. A teenager who brutally murdered a dog walker in 2002 went on to commit a copycat crime when he was given home leave 15 years later.

Monster jailed for murder age 16 battered 2nd victim on leave 15 years on

Edit - I should add that I do believe in rehabilitation. There are clearly cases that it works like that one I mentioned earlier in the thread. I just don’t believe that it’s a one size-fits-all solution. Some problems are just more complex than rehabilitation IMO.

Last edited:
I think with younger criminals, our system in the UK is set up to rehabilitate and it’ll be entirely dependent on how his rehabilitation goes in jail.

But there are ones who slip through the net like you say. Convince the right people that you are rehabilitated and you can go.

It happened recently in Scotland. A teenager who brutally murdered a dog walker in 2002 went on to commit a copycat crime when he was given home leave 15 years later.

Monster jailed for murder age 16 battered 2nd victim on leave 15 years on

That’s what worries me. Every journalist in court said they couldn’t connect the pathologists report to the confident, well spoken young man in the dock. Even now, after a unanimous guilty verdict and what the judge described as “overwhelming evidence” there is still people unconvinced this boy did the crime.

The kid is seriously dangerous and I know he needs proper tests but when you compare physcopathic traits he ticks every single one.
It also means if he was deemed a physcopath he could never be rehabilitated and would always be a danger if he was ever released.

Exactly what I think
His coolness denial etc makes what happened afterwards as chilling as the crime
Here's the tweet from the trial ( the she referred to is ACs mother )

Radio Clyde News‏Verified account @RadioClydeNews 2m2 minutes ago
Says she went further back in the CCTV to discover he left in the direction of Rothesay town and passed Robert MacPhail’s home.
He returned from a different direction and had a shower. He left again wearing only shorts and carrying a T-Shirt and jumped over a wall.

I think the way the journalist has condensed this information is confusing.
It reads as though ACs mother could see him, on cctv, walking past the Macphail home. For that to be possible, AC and family would have to live practically next door to the Macphails.
I suspect there may have been two questions to the witness and her answers were condensed into one tweet.
EG: She is asked which way AC went, when he left home at 1.54am and she replies, in the direction of Rothesay.
There is then a follow up question, to clarify whether AC would have passed the Macphail home on his route, and she replies yes.
Journalist then combines the answers into one tweet.
That is completely my opinion based on what we know of the location of the houses.
Your explanation sounds reasonable. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gingerdoodle