Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #11 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The story he allegedly told "LS made a pass at him" could have been a cover for her reporting him for exposing himself in the car. Meaning he didn't know what happened next if she fled the car? Meaning he thought she would come forwarf to tell what he had done so he had a cover story of her lunging at him at the ready? This all could be a horrible coincidence of flasher/burglar/voyeur coming into contact with and then part of a missing person/abduction case?

That is food for thought ..why say she made a pass at him if he knew she was not alive to tell the tale

No, but a multiple re-occurring house breaker combined with a multiple re-occurring flasher could escalate into a rape attempt gone bad when he got bored doing what he always did.

I agree he could have seen a very drunk girl as an opportunity to up his game I'm just not sure by how much ..could he have "only" seen it as an opportunity for an audience that could not escape..or more

JMO
Here is a scenario I have been wondering about which could explain why her body has not been found near the park.

If we assume the video shows PR putting LS inside his car and heading towards the park, what if they parked near the park but neither of them ever left the car. Suppose by the time PR had parked, LS had passed out and so PR decides to get in his perverted flashy mode while she is sleeping, and he gets half undressed. He then has to wake her to get his thrill and she of course wakes up and sees what he is doing and starts screaming and since this is the first close encounter he has had in a tight enclosed place where he cannot just run away himself, he then strangles her right in the car.

Then he proceeds to drive to the Humber river where that rumored cell phone signal may have placed him.

Just been thinking of this today as up until now I always assumed LS had gotten out of the car at some point, but maybe she never did until a deep river deposit by PR.

For those who feel she may have been driven out of the area how do you feel that was accomplished without being caught on CCTV...bearing in mind how quickly physical searches began

I agree completely...100%! I think that we have have established (if he is guilty of the things he has been charged with) that he gives into impulse, probably not thinking about the consequences when he "acts." I truly believe that his intention was not to end someone's life...but if he acted and things went horribly wrong (screams, running, etc.), I can absolutely believe that he felt he had no choice but to silence her.

And, this might be a bit controversial, but I think that LE generally has it right when they have someone in custody...they just might not be able to prove it conclusively. Again, I know there are cases of false or forced accusations and horrible mistakes, but in general, especially with all of the technology and resources at their disposal, they're pretty on target. On the other hand, if he is innocent, I fear he could never get a fair trial at this point.

I agree with LE being generally right, I believe they have some evidence to convince them - but giving into impulse, could still be murder. It seems like a totally self-preserving mindset. First of all, pick up a young woman to fulfil your illegal assault fantasy....she struggles or objects and you have to silence her so your own 'happy' family lifestyle is not impacted.
It reminds me a bit of the Chris Watts murders, killed his own wife and kids because his wife jeopardised his selfish fantasy of keeping a double life going. Having both
sides of a contradictory persona preserved may have been the ultimate aim, which seems deliberate and more thought out than just 'panic'.
One poster mentioned 'sociopath' but I'm thinking a personality disorder might be more fitting with the suspect seeming more affected in court recently.

JMO
Here is a scenario I have been wondering about which could explain why her body has not been found near the park.

If we assume the video shows PR putting LS inside his car and heading towards the park, what if they parked near the park but neither of them ever left the car. Suppose by the time PR had parked, LS had passed out and so PR decides to get in his perverted flashy mode while she is sleeping, and he gets half undressed. He then has to wake her to get his thrill and she of course wakes up and sees what he is doing and starts screaming and since this is the first close encounter he has had in a tight enclosed place where he cannot just run away himself, he then strangles her right in the car.

Then he proceeds to drive to the Humber river where that rumored cell phone signal may have placed him.

Just been thinking of this today as up until now I always assumed LS had gotten out of the car at some point, but maybe she never did until a deep river deposit by PR.

That's pretty compelling.

He said this to account for the fact that her DNA/hair etc might have been found on his clothing. We've said this many times now, it's quite obvious.

I'd assume by him helping her into his car her DNA transfer would not be much different to her coming on to him ? So not that obvious to me sorry

He said this to account for the fact that her DNA/hair etc might have been found on his clothing. We've said this many times now, it's quite obvious.
I agree that he'd have said this to account for her dna/hair etc. on his clothing, but he could equally have just said how drunk she was and that he'd had to support her as he helped her into the car. I wonder why he added the stuff about her throwing herself at him. There must be a reason for that particular angle. Assuming this tale is true, of course. (Maybe she didn't seem to be drunk, so it didn't occur to him to use that as his excuse for having to touch her).

I don't think PR set out to kill anyone that night, I'm not even sure he set out to physically attack someone. I reckon he'd thought (as in fantasised) about stalking / assaulting girls and that night the opportunity presented itself.

There's a good chance he spotted Libby that night and watched and waited for a few minutes, had a cig, and went to try his chances. He must have spun her a line that made her feel safe, or she recognised him, however vaguely, as a friendly face.

I believe he tried it on with her, not the other way round, and she pushed him away. I can't decide whether at that point he has simply let her run off and genuinely has no idea where she went, or whether he got in a rage and panic that he'd be identified and had to somehow stop her talking.

Last edited:
@Hatfield - your theory is what I’ve been thinking since Libby has been missing & PR came to light, I even wonder if she’s out towards his work somewhere. Is it rural on the way to/near his work? I don’t think she ever left that car in a conscious state. The only thing that makes me doubt my own thoughts is like @JosieJo stated.. how were they not seen on cctv on any of the roads? I’m not a local, could any of the CCTV be broken? fixed to a point you can’t make out Libby? Possibility of using rural/quieter roads ? ...

I agree that he'd have said this to account for her dna/hair etc. on his clothing, but he could equally have just said how drunk she was and that he'd had to support her as he helped her into the car. I wonder why he added the stuff about her throwing herself at him. There must be a reason for that particular angle. Assuming this tale is true, of course. (Maybe she didn't seem to be drunk, so it didn't occur to him to use that as his excuse for having to touch her).
Because, just assuming for a minute he is not responsible for anything other than getting her in the car with the intention of a thrill seeking exposure, his tory of a pass at him would be as a deflection of her saying he exposed himself. This meaning he truly believed she was OK and would be found and interviewed about the exposure.

For those who feel she may have been driven out of the area how do you feel that was accomplished without being caught on CCTV...bearing in mind how quickly physical searches began

I personally am only considering this scenario with the information documented stating in Jan 2018 that Hull's CCTV network was outdated and that a grant had been put forward for 6 million, but, I understand this was not achieved, just £350,00 was made available just this month, therefore, suggesting the CCTV is still classed as not up to scratch. Dependant on the level of success as a burglar, would I presume depend upon ensuring you avoid such monitoring. Is it possible to leave the city avoiding the main roads?

@Hatfield - your theory is what I’ve been thinking since Libby has been missing & PR came to light, I even wonder if she’s out towards his work somewhere. Is it rural on the way to/near his work? I don’t think she ever left that car in a conscious state. The only thing that makes me doubt my own thoughts is like @JosieJo stated.. how were they not seen on cctv on any of the roads? I’m not a local, could any of the CCTV be broken? fixed to a point you can’t make out Libby? Possibility of using rural/quieter roads ? ...

Yeah the CCTV seems like LE would be able to track his car movements unless PR knew certain streets to avoid the cameras.

If he managed to get out in the country then unfortunately she could be anywhere.

I don't think PR set out to kill anyone that night, I'm not even sure he set out to physically attack someone. I reckon he'd thought about stalking / assaulting girls and that night the opportunity presented itself.

There's a good chance he spotted Libby that night and watched and waited for a few minutes, had a cig, and went to try his chances. He must have spun her a line that made her feel safe, or she recognised him, however vaguely, as a friendly face.

I believe he tried it on with her, not the other way round, and she pushed him away. I can't decide whether at that point he has simply let her run off and genuinely has no idea where she went, or whether he got in a rage and panic that he'd be identified and had to somehow stop her talking.

Imo it's the latter. I don't think she'd have run very far in her state without anyone seeing her or not leaving a trace behind.

I personally am only considering this scenario with the information documented stating in Jan 2018 that Hull's CCTV network was outdated and that a grant had been put forward for 6 million, but, I understand this was not achieved, just £350,00 was made available just this month, therefore, suggesting the CCTV is still classed as not up to scratch. Dependant on the level of success as a burglar, would I presume depend upon ensuring you avoid such monitoring. Is it possible to leave the city avoiding the main roads?

I dont know the area and I'm sure there are spots that do not have CCTV but with the amount of private CCTV around it's quite difficult to not be tracked around a city ...even if it only shows a direction

Spot on @CoverMeCagney! I think given his perverted interests, he’d been waiting for an opportunity like this to present itself. Opportunistic in his nature, I don’t think he thought through what would happen once he had a person in his clutches though. Maybe I’m wrong. Maybe this massive perverted build up of vouyerism, stealing of sex toys and flashing was leading up to exactly this, he had been stalking for a long time, waiting for this opportunity and had planned it to a T - hence still no sign at all of Libby and no directly related charges.

Because, just assuming for a minute he is not responsible for anything other than getting her in the car with the intention of a thrill seeking exposure, his tory of a pass at him would be as a deflection of her saying he exposed himself. This meaning he truly believed she was OK and would be found and interviewed about the exposure.
Ah ok, I see what you mean, yes.

Plus if they knew how long before he got back home they would know the possible radius .. they dont seem to have looked anywhere other than the park area

I don’t think she ever left that car in a conscious state.

I think that could be key. I couldn't imagine her walking out onto that dark, isolated park on a freezing cold night with a stranger, unless coerced. But maybe she was never on the park. Perhaps it's just a case of PR being parked there for a period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500