CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite honestly, at that point in time, everyone was confused. In the video I posted upthread of MM and EquuSearch in the Fallbrook home, MM mentions to everyone that "maybe there was a call from someone Joey trusted, like Chase, to come out an meet him somewhere". Clearly everyone was confused and worried. I don't think anyone changed or tailored their evidence. These were people whose only focus was finding the family. There was a lot of conjecture and changing information as new pieces of the puzzle were found. jmho
right! Even listening to chase's interview with dugal, DuGal was sure Mike had met Joey for lunch that day. So much confusion.

Thanks Niner. That should read Jan 29th.

I think this also highlights the difference between Joey's and Chase's different phone companies' records, where it states call duration on Joey's phone of 1 min, it states duration of 0 min on Chase's records. I think this must be because it was less than a minute and T-Mobile rounds it up to the next minute.

We also saw that with the 5.48 call which lasted 2 min 38 secs and was shown as 3 mins on Joey's records.

The T-Mobile records witness didn't appear to know this.

JMO
The judge specifically asked what the 1 minute on joeys 8:28 call on the phone records meant, he said it meant it was answered or it went to voicemail. Sorry, I can't give a time right at the moment, but it is in testimony.

The judge specifically asked what the 1 minute on joeys 8:28 call on the phone records meant, he said it meant it was answered or it went to voicemail. Sorry, I can't give a time right at the moment, but it is in testimony.
No need, I heard it myself and I've read all the posts here and that doesn't address my point.

Their bills don't show the number of seconds involved and if it was less than a minute, so it could have been 1 second, 10 seconds or any number up to 60 really. Did Joey's bill ever show the number of seconds or zero seconds or minutes?

Also I happened to notice the AT&T guy explained that one of the columns on their bills include the ringing time, but T-Mobile guy wasn't asked that about Joey's records IIRC.

Wouldn't that be grand ? I was so looking forward to the DT presentation.

Would it ever!!!!!!! I think the majority of us were looking forward to *full* coverage of the DT's presentation, citygirl, it's ashame we were let down!!

Do we know if any reporters are there this afternoon? Or plan on being there?
Haven't heard or come across anything as of yet!! :(

I would like to know if LE ever looked for a match to the DNA that was found in the graves, especially the spot on the bra. It didn't match CM or any of the bodies in the grave. They determined it was from 3 males and 1 female, but have they checked against DNA databases?

The defense said in opening that further test results were due back, and I think the time frame was in the weeks that have transpired.

Actually, the first person to mention it was MM. He said he checked with Chase after noticing the call on Joey's phone records and that was when Chase mentioned that he just heard noise in the background (kids or restaurant sounds). Early on we, on the boards, wondered if it had been a "butt dial" (accidental call when sitting down).

The problem with the early discussions on that 8:28 call, I think, was that we don't know if Chase distinguished between that call and others he may have received from Joey. That week of the 4th Joey and Chase spoke a lot. It doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility that Chase remembered the wrong call at first. And if Chase wasn't looking at his own phone records (it seems Cathy paid those bills) then he wouldn't have realized that it didn't register on his own bill.

No need, I heard it myself and I've read all the posts here and that doesn't address my point.

Their bills don't show the number of seconds involved and if it was less than a minute, so it could have been 1 second, 10 seconds or any number up to 60 really. Did Joey's bill ever show the number of seconds or zero seconds or minutes?

Also I happened to notice the AT&T guy explained that one of the columns on their bills include the ringing time, but T-Mobile guy wasn't asked that about Joey's records IIRC.

I think AT&T called it seizure time, and I don't recall that being on the t-mobile records. I would agree though that joeys calls seem to be rounded up.

Well geez - I'll be asleep by then - I guess I'll catch up with you all in the morning - well, my morning!
Hi Niner! Aww..so unfair!! I got up at 5am this morning cause I didn't want to be late for the tweets when they come through.....so disappointed. I thought I read court was going to end early today not start late, ugh!!

Something I feel wasn't gone into enough during the CJ testimony is the distance between the clubhouse and the actual apartment. I lived in a complex like the one that CJ and Chase lived in, and the walk from my unit to the clubhouse was about three blocks. I drove to use the gym. Also in my home now, which is small, if I'm in the yard, I text with whoever is inside if I have a question.

My only hiccup with this version of events, is why wasn't it brought forward sooner? Because otherwise, it feels very plausible, and would explain why in all of Chase's records you see a lot of back and forth between him, Cathy and the older daughter. That's a constant in his records, not just on the 6th.

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 45s46 seconds ago
#McStay - Court is only in session for the afternoon today. Trial is set to resume at 1:30pm PDT. I'll send updates later. #CharlesMerritt

D198c63UcAArDJc.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members