UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree. His attitude in court showed someone devoid of normal emotions That may change over the years, with the right therapists involved but I believe,judging by the brutality of his crime and behaviour since, he will always remain a very dangerous individual.
I agree. I hate to be so pessimistic about someone so young, but he seems like he's in a different category. However you want to describe it, evil or psychopathy, it is strong with this one. From the first I felt this wasn't happenstance, but something planned out. After hearing others on the board with different views, especially about the kidnapping from the home, I've come to see the possibility of it being spontaneously begun with a key left in a door. But it's still seems to be a completed fantasy, done with alot of purpose and design. Perhaps the fantasy was there waiting for the vulnerable situation of a possible victim. Much of the lead up of that evening seems to be a set up for an alibi. He didn't dispose of the body in the sea because he knew his DNA wouldn't have been on file. I hope we hear from the family and/or police about what they think happened.

It’s odd he said to the police the first time they questioned him “if you don’t believe me you can have my DNA” and willingly give it to them, knowing full well that was game over. I’ve thought about this loads, I don’t believe he didn’t know what dna was like his mum said, he was a bright kid and you don’t have to be a genius to know what dna is. He watched crime shows so he must have, i genuinely wonder if he thought he didn’t leave any? He might not have realised touch dna would leave any trace.. and the semen, well I don’t want to write what I think there. I dunno it just makes no sense why he would offer the police his dna (before they even asked him for it) when he knew they’d match it to alesha unless he thought he didn’t leave any??

Last edited:
It’s odd he said to the police the first time they questioned him “if you don’t believe me you can have my DNA” and willingly give it to them, knowing full well that was game over. I’ve thought about this loads, I don’t believe he didn’t know what dna was like his mum said, he was a bright kid and you don’t have to be a genius to know what dna is. He watched crime shows so he must have, i genuinely wonder if he thought he didn’t leave any? He might not have realised touch dna would leave any trace.. and the semen, well I don’t want to write what I think there. I dunno it just makes no sense why he would offer the police his dna (before they even asked him for it) when he knew they’d match it to alesha unless he thought he didn’t leave any??

It's really strange isn't it? Maybe he was just trying to appear very co-operative to police. I don't think he didn't know what DNA was either, I'm sure he must have had a basic idea too. Maybe he realised by that time that it was inevitable that he was going to be caught since they were already questioning him and so it was better to appear to be compliant while also coming up with a defence in his head in the meantime?

I think, he thought he didnt leave any. He thought he was clever enough to have carried out the perfect crime (in his head) .

It's really strange isn't it? Maybe he was just trying to appear very co-operative to police. I don't think he didn't know what DNA was either, I'm sure he must have had a basic idea too. Maybe he realised by that time that it was inevitable that he was going to be caught since they were already questioning him and so it was better to appear to be compliant while also coming up with a defence in his head in the meantime?
Yeah. That is possible. Possibly thinking he was one step ahead in being compliant.

From letting himself into a flat with four adults ( he couldn’t have been sure they’d all be asleep or one might hear him or use the loo) taking a sleeping girl from her bed , risking her crying out , dropping his knife opposite her home. Carrying her along a very public road, even if it was 2am, someone could have seen him and cctv certainly picked him up, leaving his dna over her body and no attempt to conceal the body. His boasting on snap chat , all this points to someone who didn’t really care about being caught or maybe he’s a very sick individual with a 16 year olds logic.

As for leaving his DNA, he may have thought his wasn’t on file so he’d slip through the net, when the police came knocking he was compliant because he had no choice. She didn’t go into the sea because the crime site was not close to the shore, he’d have had to carry her body there, was probably easier to leave her where she was.

Such a tragedy one of those adults didn’t wake or someone was walking the shoreline that morning. Poor little girl.

Yeah you could be right, he might of thought if he offered his dna the police would think well it can’t be him, but it backfired instead.
From letting himself into a flat with four adults ( he couldn’t have been sure they’d all be asleep or one might hear him or use the loo) taking a sleeping girl from her bed , risking her crying out , dropping his knife opposite her home. Carrying her along a very public road, even if it was 2am, someone could have seen him and cctv certainly picked him up, leaving his dna over her body and no attempt to conceal the body. His boasting on snap chat , all this points to someone who didn’t really care about being caught or maybe he’s a very sick individual with a 16 year olds logic.

As for leaving his DNA, he may have thought his wasn’t on file so he’d slip through the net, when the police came knocking he was compliant because he had no choice. She didn’t go into the sea because the crime site was not close to the shore, he’d have had to carry her body there, was probably easier to leave her where she was.

Such a tragedy one of those adults didn’t wake or someone was walking the shoreline that morning. Poor little girl.

I know i bet aleshas dad has gone over this night every day, if only the grandma hadn’t left the key in the door that particular night, if only rab or Toni woke up when AC rang them and gave him the weed he asked for, or if one of the other guys AC phoned had answered and he’d of arranged to meet them instead. a bunch of what ifs, but in reality it’s no ones fault and the only person to blame is AC

Yeah you could be right, he might of thought if he offered his dna the police would think well it can’t be him, but it backfired instead.

I know i bet aleshas dad has gone over this night every day, if only the grandma hadn’t left the key in the door that particular night, if only rab or Toni woke up when AC rang them and gave him the weed he asked for, or if one of the other guys AC phoned had answered and he’d of arranged to meet them instead. a bunch of what ifs, but in reality it’s no ones fault and the only person to blame is AC

There are really are so many "ifs" aren't there? It's sad to think about. Like you said, the only person to blame is Aaron but literally, just one of any number of things could have meant that Alesha was still alive. If the key wasn't in the door, if any of the adults were awake, if Alesha woke up and screamed, if someone saw him carrying Alesha down the road, if he had gotten cannabis that night, if he just decided not to go out that night, if the party had continued until later maybe it wouldn't have happened, so many possibilities that were the difference between life and death. It's crazy.

There are really are so many "ifs" aren't there? It's sad to think about. Like you said, the only person to blame is Aaron but literally, just one of any number of things could have meant that Alesha was still alive. If the key wasn't in the door, if any of the adults were awake, if Alesha woke up and screamed, if someone saw him carrying Alesha down the road, if he had gotten cannabis that night, if he just decided not to go out that night, if the party had continued until later maybe it wouldn't have happened, so many possibilities that were the difference between life and death. It's crazy.

I know, life’s crazy when you think about it, if only one of those things went differently she might have never come into his presence.

Sadly life is full of “ifs” it’s no one’s fault apart AC but as a poster pointed out, the family must go over that night again and again. The grandma must feel especially guilty because she’d forgot to take the key out...we’ve all done it. To have a child taken like that, right under your nose must be crucifying. Poor Genie must also wish she’d never let her go , but again, no one could have predicted what was going to happen.

Evil visited them that night and set a chain of events which one would usually find in the pages of a Stephen King novel.

I hope both families are receiving the best emotional support available. It going to take a long, long time to even begin to process what’s happened. I expect once sentencing is over they’ll feel in a kind of limbo because in a sense it’s over but for them it never will be . Friends, acquaintances, will gradually get on with life and return to normal but for the families life will never be the same again. Whist A.C. receives the best emotional support money can buy, I hope they do too.

Not heard anything re AC but did find this - so it does happen sometimes, but not often.

In 2012, legal history was made when David Gilroy became the first convicted killer to have his sentencing filmed for TV. Gilroy was jailed for murdering bookkeeper Suzanne Pilley, whose body has never been found.

Read more at: Concern over role of TV cameras in Scottish courts

I'm sure I read somewhere in the last couple of days that due to AC's identity being released that they would allow cameras into court for the sentencing. Anyone else hear this?

Oh, I wouldn't have expected this but I guess stranger things have happened. I wasn't even aware of the David Gilroy sentencing being filmed, interesting. It seems very Americanised to film inside a courtroom but I suppose we'll see on Thursday.

I'm sure I read somewhere in the last couple of days that due to AC's identity being released that they would allow cameras into court for the sentencing. Anyone else hear this?
The rules on the website for the high court say no recording devices are allowed in so I doubt it....but you could always call the high court in Glasgow and ask if it's going to be filmed.

Like most people I'm still baffled by a few things in this case.
It was said that A had no drugs in her system and yet he managed to get her out from the flat and into the still of the night, in a residential area and with apparently no noise. That's one of the questions that torments A's mother.
Even if he threatened her, she would still surely be scared at six years old and think it a bit strange.
On the point of GL meeting AC - do the authorities have to grant permission for this?
If she does meet him she should have a psychiatrist with her as well or some other witness for a separate opinion as I don't think it would be straightforward.

Agree. The abduction is baffling but realistically I think it’s a simple as Alesha, after a very busy day was simply in a very deep sleep when he carried her out. I don’t think the knife would have been of any use , a six year old would still scream out, she would not have understood the consequence of it. I do think she awoke soon after though , maybe near the shelter, (marine parade) The court transcripts for the prosecution do state that he used a knife to silence her and that he did take her from her bed.

A.C. was given a head start because the key was in the door, entry was simple. My q’s have always been....what was his original motive for visiting the flat and how did he know which room Alesha was in without disturbing anyone else?

Agree. The abduction is baffling but realistically I think it’s a simple as Alesha, after a very busy day was simply in a very deep sleep when he carried her out. I don’t think the knife would have been of any use , a six year old would still scream out, she would not have understood the consequence of it. I do think she awoke soon after though , maybe near the shelter, (marine parade) The court transcripts for the prosecution do state that he used a knife to silence her and that he did take her from her bed.

A.C. was given a head start because the key was in the door, entry was simple. My q’s have always been....what was his original motive for visiting the flat and how did he know which room Alesha was in without disturbing anyone else?

I think her room was possibly the first room he went in, and ive always believed he was wanting weed. He rang at least 3 other weed dealers around the same time that he rang toni and rab, if his primary intention was to abduct alesha, he would just go round and see if any lights were on (if he was checking if they were awake or something). If he hadn't rang toni or rab, i dont think he would have been suspected so early on as Toni said she 'had a bad feeling about Aaron' so that already planted a seed in her head... then Toni asked her aunty, who asked Aarons mum to check her CCTV... although i think his mum would have checked anyway at some point that day.

Also, when toni returned aarons call the next morning and he text her saying 'sorry doesnt matter' that was a big part of the evidence that ruined his defense, by him texting that it made it appear that he didn't actually meet toni that night coz why would she need to return his call? his defense would have made more sense without this text.

IMO if he had planned it, he would have done things a LOT better, all the evidence along with his CCTV implies this wasn't 'thought out' and quite frankly one big mess that would lead directly to him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members