Found Deceased AL - Amberly Barnett, 11, Mt. Vernon, DeKalb County, 1 Mar 2019 #2 *ARREST*

She got off work about 4 a.m. according to msm article.

Capital murder charge goes to grand juryCapital murder charge goes to grand jury

ETA link

Several articles referred to Amberly living with her aunt since summer of 2018. Had her mother been living there too or had she recently moved out? Maybe this creep had been watching her for a long time.

So this was a perfect storm for him.

He was probably coveting this girl for all those months, and this opportunity presented itself. Access to her, girlfriend gone until the early morning hours.

Horrifying

So this was a perfect storm for him.

He was probably coveting this girl for all those months, and this opportunity presented itself. Access to her, girlfriend gone until the early morning hours.

Horrifying
I wouldn’t mind seeing some adults held accountable for leaving this child in a vulnerable situation that ended in her murder. Jmo

edit to correct grammar

Last edited:
The bonage prediliction,and hammer assault weren't signs that a child let alone adult, should not be left alone with him around,ever.
So disturbing knowing even the children knew about his predilictions, but it's talked about like learning the ABC's in preschool.
WTH?
This is so bizarre I am not sure about how to ask the question. But, who did the children/girl friend see subjected to the bondage apparatus? Did any or all of them actually see someone? Would there be an expectation that someone will step forward and say they were a victim? How could everyone in the house across the driveway not know something wasn't right?

This is so bizarre I am not sure about how to ask the question. But, who did the children/girl friend see subjected to the bondage apparatus? Did any or all of them actually see someone? Would there be an expectation that someone will step forward and say they were a victim? How could everyone in the house across the driveway not know something wasn't right?
Plus he was into drugs. I’m just not buying that no one knew he posed a danger. JMO

Sorry I’m a little confused as following so many cases at the moment.

All the blood in the house ; the girlfriend got home from work early hours did she not see it ? She I believe got arrested so were police in the house and didn’t see it ?

All the blood in the house ; the girlfriend got home from work early hours did she not see it ? She I believe got arrested so were police in the house and didn’t see it ?
I believe it was in part why he was arrested plus the drug possession charge. JMO

I believe the GF arrest may have been bc she was trying to beat the crap out of him bc of what LE had discovered that he had done moo.

Absolutely. Do we know where his girlfriend was during this time frame?

Somewhere in an MSM article it says she was at work. If
I believe the GF arrest may have been bc she was trying to beat the crap out of him bc of what LE had discovered that he had done moo.

I tend to agree.

Plus he was into drugs. I’m just not buying that no one knew he posed a danger. JMO
So much this. It's virtually impossible that the family had no idea he was a potential threat to their precocious 11-year old.

Whether it was out of fear, misguided love or something else, the family members around Amberly chose to look the other way vs. face the truth that an unstable and dangerous guy lived in close proximity to her and under no circumstances should be left alone with him nearby. I'm guessing we'll hear comments like "I didn't think this could ever happen...". No, you didn't think and that's the problem! OK, mini-rant over and back on topic.

Let's call this what it was - a horrible lapse in judgement that indirectly cost Amberly her life. Now, the only person as the facts stand at the moment who should pay a legal penalty is the killer. We can only hope the rest of the family (and others in similar situations who are potential victims) use this as a lesson and this poor child didn't die in vain.

So much this. It's virtually impossible that the family had no idea he was a potential threat to their precocious 11-year old.

Whether it was out of fear, misguided love or something else, the family members around Amberly chose to look the other way vs. face the truth that an unstable and dangerous guy lived in close proximity to her and under no circumstances should be left alone with him nearby. I'm guessing we'll hear comments like "I didn't think this could ever happen...". No, you didn't think and that's the problem! OK, mini-rant over and back on topic.

Let's call this what it was - a horrible lapse in judgement that indirectly cost Amberly her life. Now, the only person as the facts stand at the moment who should pay a legal penalty is the killer. We can only hope the rest of the family (and others in similar situations who are potential victims) use this as a lesson and this poor child didn't die in vain.
Well-said. Thank you.

IMO: Denial. I think it played a very powerful role in this situation. They were likely internally quite unsettled with him (how could they not be, given the GF’s previous accusations!), but they ignored it. Denial. Tragic ending.

Is this GF the same one who was attacked and beaten with a hammer and then didn't show up so the charges were dropped? This is such an awful story - I wonder if he planned to bury pieces of her (hence the machete?) that is so difficult to write. JMO

Is this GF the same one who was attacked and beaten with a hammer and then didn't show up so the charges were dropped? This is such an awful story - I wonder if he planned to bury pieces of her (hence the machete?) that is so difficult to write. JMO

I don't believe it is the same Gf based on statements I have seen in local news about the abuse being alleged in a TPO by an exgf. But I haven't seen it clarified beyond that. So I guess its at least possible they may have gotten back together. MOO

Eleven year olds need adult supervision and protection. They are children, not mini-adults no matter how much make-up and adult clothing one lets them wear. I shouldn't be surprised at the number of 'adults' who simply neglect their duty to protect the children in their custody.

Sorry, but I place some blame on the aunt, she is the one who knew what this guy was all about and still chose to leave the innocent, unaware, child at home, alone, despite a monster living next door. She was charged with protection of this child and failed. Yes, yes, yes, he is ultimately responsible, but she gave him the opportunity to act.

If you leave your car unlocked with the key in the ignition and it gets stolen, you created that opportunity for the thief. We all know that thieves and child killers are out there, that is why we lock our cars and protect our kids.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back