Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #13 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do believe they know this is Libby though and are just keeping quiet until they have the full facts. If a body in the water possibly for 3 months could be easily identified as male (if one of the jumpers) it doesn't make sense to me at least why they would not be able to identify.

I agree - the police state that "formal identification is expected to take place following the post-mortem", so they must have prepared somebody to do that.

Identification can be made simply by viewing a distinguishing mark such as a tattoo or birthmark.

Hull coroner takes over investigation into body found off Grimsby

"The Grimsby and North Lincolnshire coroner's office has confirmed the investigation has been passed to the Hull coroner's office.

The agreed switch in jurisdiction for the investigation would only be possible if there was suspected to be a strong Hull connection to the discovery."

Ive had feelings of relief but also much sadness today, yet I still want official confirmation. Im confident justice will be duly served.

I’d like to praise Humberside Police. I was worried when they were doing “behind the scenes work” that the case might be going cold. But it looks like they never gave up.

I think people should read what happens to a corpse in water after 7 weeks. *graphic information ahead* The skin peels from the bone, it practically dissolves. I can see why on initial glance they wouldn't know the gender but they could have taken tissue/blood/hair sample and had a vague DNA profile back and know whether or not it was Libby within hours(on a slow day). I get that they want to have an official confirmation via autopsy before releasing the information to the public but my personal opinion is that they would have ruled it out of it wasn't Libby as they will have likely known from yesterday.
Will they reveal today if they find the cause of death at her autopsy?
Would PR be charged now that a body has been found and he was the last person to be seen with her?

I think people should read what happens to a corpse in water after 7 weeks. *graphic information ahead* The skin peels from the bone, it practically dissolves. I can see why on initial glance they wouldn't know the gender but they could have taken tissue/blood/hair sample and had a vague DNA profile back and know whether or not it was Libby within hours(on a slow day). I get that they want to have an official confirmation via autopsy before releasing the information to the public but my personal opinion is that they would have ruled it out of it wasn't Libby as they will have likely known from yesterday.
They are not obliged to keep the public informed moment by moment. The family of the deceased is entitled to be informed first.
Would PR be charged now that a body has been found and he was the last person to be seen with her?
Not without evidence incriminating him.

If this is her, and her clothing is mostly intact, or as much as would be likely after so much time...and if no evidence of inflicted injuries are present...we may never know much more. They would not be able to charge anyone, imo. I.e if she is found deceased, that does not automatically translate to murder, much less a suspect. Jmo

They are not obliged to keep the public informed moment by moment. The family of the deceased is entitled to be informed first.

Not without evidence incriminating him.

Would they arrest him on suspicion of murder?

I believe that cold and salty water will protect the body more than fresh and warm.

It's miles from anywhere - as strange and isolated as looking at a map would suggested.

I'm not suggesting it as a disposal site or anything along those lines though. Vehicular access is limited and controlled. There was significant damage to the road due to a storm and it is now essentially an island and frequently cut off by the tide.

I know it’s a nature reserve of sorts? I dated a guy from Hull many years ago and we drove along it when cars were allowed over the dunes. Am I right in recalling vehicular access was stopped in place of an organised sort of ‘park and ride’ scheme?

I don’t recall there being many boats bobbing about. Just thinking about how or where somebody might have noticed a body if it wasn’t an organised search? Any thoughts Vermont?

I don’t recall there being many boats bobbing about. Just thinking about how or where somebody might have noticed a body if it wasn’t an organised search? Any thoughts Vermont?

It's still very much an active estuary - there's the passenger ferries to Rotterdam and Zeebrugge, shipping, fishing etc.

Per HDM

15:25

Police confirm body found in Humber Estuary is a woman

Following the recovery of a body from the Humber Estuary yesterday afternoon, we can confirm the deceased is a woman.

The post-mortem examination is underway and is expected to continue into the evening.

We have been in contact and informed those that needed to be made aware of the recovery.

Formal identification is still yet to take place and we remain unable at this stage to confirm her identity.

Seems like the police have released as much as they are going to today ..wouldn't be suprised if that's not the last update today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa