IN IN - Paul Raymond Harrod, adult, may have been using false identity, Hamilton County, 27 Nov 1992

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good idea about the tape recording if still available!
Can’t find any other info for Ruth Ann *Carzoo

Father killed in Feb 81
Rick Porrello's AmericanMafia.com - Allan May's Mob Report current mob stuff
February 24, 1981 – Joseph DeRose, Sr. was murdered by killers looking for his son Joseph DeRose, Jr. during the Mahoning Valley’s Carabbia / Naples War. While staking out the parent’s home one of the hitmen thought he saw the younger DeRose climb into a vehicle parked in the family driveway. He moved in quickly only to find the man behind the wheel was 61 year-old Joseph DeRose, Sr. The father had apparently gone out to rearrange the automobiles in the driveway. When DeRose, Sr. looked up the surprised would-be killer panicked. Perhaps worried about being identified, the hitman fired his shotgun point-blank into the elder DeRose’s chest – mortally wounding him. The intended victim, Joe DeRose, Jr., arrived two hours later.

Joseph DeRose Jr, disappears April 1981
YOUNGSTOWN Ky. inmate indicted in 1981 murder
According to Vindicator files, DeRose Jr. had been a rival of Joseph Naples, also known as "Little Joey." Previously, DeRose had been identified in affidavits filed by federal agents in other cases as the man suspected of having killed Charles Grisham on Dec. 3, 1978, and James Cononico on Jan. 11, 1979.
Grisham and Cononico, the affidavits say, were allies of Naples in a battle for control of organized crime in the Mahoning Valley.
Shootout: The government alleged that Naples was intent on having DeRose dead. On May 14, 1980, two gunmen opened fire on DeRose and his girlfriend Cheryl Durkin. In the exchange of gunfire, DeRose, Durkin and one of the hit men, Sam Scaffidi, were wounded.
DeRose's father, Joseph Sr., was killed Feb. 25, 1981, by a shot fired from a car outside his home. At the time, police and FBI agents said the murderers of the elder DeRose may have mistaken him for his son.
But in April 1981, DeRose Jr. disappeared. A girlfriend's burned-out car was found along a rural road in Summit County.
Gains said authorities believe he was killed in Canfield, though Gains would not elaborate on a motive or why the body was never found.
The investigation was conducted by the Ohio attorney general's organized-crime investigation unit. A staff attorney there is assigned to the case and will assist in Fossesca's prosecution, Gains said.

I think it’s interesting that Joseph jr had a murder attempt in 1980 but stayed, maybe the mistaken identity killing of his father was the catalyst to disappear idk. Did his girlfriend Cheryl Durkin dissapear too?

After following a few of these stolen identity cases that have been resolved its seems more likely they involve
1. Leaving family troubles behind
2.Mental illness
3.Debts
However running from the law/mob/and even spy scenarios have happened.
RBBM
I wonder on what part of the body was "Little Joey" wounded and did Paul Harrod have any scars?

RBBM
I wonder on what part of the body was "Little Joey" wounded and did Paul Harrod have any scars?
Awaiting reply from local FBI who worked it, may take up to two weeks for a reply from them. We know Paul had a large scar on the top of his head, about the crown, which went to the back of his head. Wife said he combed his hair over so it couldn’t be seen

Awaiting reply from local FBI who worked it, may take up to two weeks for a reply from them. We know Paul had a large scar on the top of his head, about the crown, which went to the back of his head. Wife said he combed his hair over so it couldn’t be seen

BBM

Hhhmmm, did Not-PRH have enough of a head injury that he didn't remember his birth name & circumstances? Picked out 5 year old Paul's name from the headstone himself?

Worked under his ability to avoid explaining this?

At least that scar should help in comparing not-Paul to unidentified remains.

Did Mr. Dandridge, Kentucky (with 20 IDs) have a similar scar behind his receding hairline?

JMHO YMMV

Is it known why he had such a large scar on the head?

This missing man had scars about the crown and on his forehead that sound similar: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Eddie Martin missing since June 11, 1991:
Original

Eddie had a scar on left buttock (from childhood accident), also two scars on scalp (one near the front of his head and one near the crown)

Perhaps Paul's wife would know if he also had a scar on his left buttock?

Sounds like Eddie Martin is our kind of guy, either way!

Air Force installations aplenty in Alaska; Barksdale AFB in Louisiana. Could be why someone with an Alaska driver's license had an accident there?

IDK about forums on City Data, but family seems to be looking for Mr. MArtin, states the accident was in 1988:

Missing Persons Report! Please Help Me Find My Uncle! (insurance, live) - Vancouver area - Washington (WA) - City-Data Forum

Could Not-PRH's pictures be shown to the 3 mentioned children?

ETA: whoops, so much for the Air Force, did he say that in case someone recognized a military bearing?

Last edited:

Air Force installations aplenty in Alaska; Barksdale AFB in Louisiana. Could be why someone with an Alaska driver's license had an accident there?

IDK about forums on City Data, but family seems to be looking for Mr. MArtin, states the accident was in 1988:

Missing Persons Report! Please Help Me Find My Uncle! (insurance, live) - Vancouver area - Washington (WA) - City-Data Forum

ETA: whoops, so much for the Air Force, did he say that in case someone recognized a military bearing?

Eddie's case seems pretty interesting too. I didn't see a missing thread for Eddie so I made one for him: LA - LA/AK - Eddie Matthew Martin, 44, Truck Accident in LA with Alaska Drivers License, 11 June 1991

BBM

Hhhmmm, did Not-PRH have enough of a head injury that he didn't remember his birth name & circumstances? Picked out 5 year old Paul's name from the headstone himself?

Worked under his ability to avoid explaining this?

At least that scar should help in comparing not-Paul to unidentified remains.

Did Mr. Dandridge, Kentucky (with 20 IDs) have a similar scar behind his receding hairline?

JMHO YMMV
Awaiting call back from KY. Your points are valid, we need more information still!

They could

I love and appreciate everything you guys are throwing my way! Keep up the great work. I am in Ohio this week for training and plan on trying to visit places of interest in this case, time permitting. I am also working on Vlogs. Be mindful, I am a rookie with social media so expect me to fall on my face from time to time!

So the biggest difference I see is the cleft chin.

Yeah, the man on the left seems to have a pointier or more angular chin than "Paul" on the right. The eyebrows kinda have the same shape though.

I used some other apps to lighten Paul's face and alter the contrast so we can see his features more clearly, but I don’t know if it helps, or if it makes him more fuzzy.

Attachments

• 114B7816-4487-4567-851B-1BF68CD5A288.jpeg
    114B7816-4487-4567-851B-1BF68CD5A288.jpeg
    61.8 KB · Views: 32
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics