IN IN - Paul Raymond Harrod, adult, may have been using false identity, Hamilton County, 27 Nov 1992

Discussion in '1990's Missing' started by GuyfromCanada, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Vern

Vern Well-Known Member

Thule?? Not a place that your average uninitiated soul would be aware of. I know it from laying over there on my way to CFS Alert, Nunavut (I'm in the Canadian Army).

That has me thinking he may actually have done time in the Air Force.

Traymar, Alcina, CyresAres1 and 4 others like this.
  2. Laughing

Laughing Rarely Speechless

Agreed, but -- if he lived near a base, he may have picked up enough facts & jargon to support his story?

If this man is from the area of little Paul Harrod's grave, is Wright-Patterson is fairly close?

I think it's more likely that he tried to join the Air Force but was unsuccessful -- couldn't pass the physical, couldn't maintain a standard, just didn't work out? AWOL?

Maybe he told his original family -- with his original name -- that he was going overseas on an important mission so they didn't report him missing? IF he was AWOL, this family may be so embarrassed that they wrote him off/disowned/are estranged?

Or, he's been reported missing, all right, under the name his family of origin knows. But -- this police report &/or Missing poster with additional photos may not have been flung into CyberSpace for us or entered into the usually available sites that weren't available in this time frame.

IIRC he did report an ex-wife in Kansas or Missouri. A few pages back & came up with a list of Air Force bases in those 2 states. Likely, he was using some other name at that point, since his "Paul R. Harrod" SSN was issued in 1987.

Is there a timeline with locations for this guy?

1987 -- ??? -- address reported on SSN application

199?-- Indiana, meets future wife working at group home, Indiana

199? -- future wife changes job to gas station/convenience store between Sheridan & Indy
    199? -- changes job to St. Vincent's Hospital, Indianapolis

1991 -- adds stepson to insurance

Thanksgiving, 1991 -- wedding, a home in Sheridan, IN

27 Nov 1992 -- Sheridan, Indiana, leaves, apparently driving Geo Metro

199? - court filing for repossession of the Geo Metro, Indiana

1994 - Geo Metro shows up at auction, Colorado

Sorry for the long post. Please clean up the timeline events. We need more dots to connect to figure this guy out....

JMHO YMMV

3. Valiant

Valiant Well-Known Member

Going by details on the death certificate, the hospital were little Paul died was close to WPAFB, but the cemetery is 100 miles away from that base.

4. Vern

Vern Well-Known Member

I guess that I'm interested in how he actually pronounced the name of the base. It is not pronounced phonetically.

It's pronounced as "Two Lee". I know soldiers who've been there passing through who have a hard time remembering it's name so it seems to me that an actual remembering of the name with a proper pronunciation indicates more than a passing mention or overheard conversation about it. Maybe a relative spent time there.

I guess, at the same time, if his wife says he pronounced it as "Thewl" … we can definitely rule out that he spent any actual time there.

5. shadowdancer

shadowdancer Well-Known Member

Is it possible to link to this thread in the unidentified subforum?

This guy is an unidentified person, and there are people in the UID forum who would be really useful on this case, and I think that they may miss the thread in this forum.

Traymar, Laughing, Alcina and 3 others like this.
  6. CyresAres1

CyresAres1 Verified Detective on Paul Harrod Case

Requested it two weeks ago.

7. CyresAres1

Now to discover his identity

Traymar, Andreee and chaz like this.
  8. CyresAres1

(1987)A home near Sheridan when he requested the SSN.
    (1991)Group home meets Marla
    (1991)Paul gets job at St Vincent
    (1992)June 6th, they get married
    November 27th, 1992- Paul is at Thanksgiving and leaves, never to be seen again.

9. CyresAres1

Please remember: Paul was allegedly married to "Diane Rae" somewhere in the United States and he marked on his marriage application in 1992 he had divorced in 1985. Marla was not sure of the spelling of the first name, but confident of the middle name because of it's odd spelling. She also believes they lived in either Kansas City MO or Wichita KS. I am hopeful someone has time and ability to look into this.

10. Vern

Vern Well-Known Member

Crackbook has a woman of said name (with a third name) in the first city you mention above. Just choose that city on the left side as part of your search criteria.

She's also the right age-range. Has a visible photo on her page that has her sitting on the couch with a gentleman circa mid-80s judging by the clothing. No pics of him more recent than that. Hard to tell by the photo as it's faded in his facial area, but very short cropped hair. Prominent chin - similar facial shape.

Her page also has her as having attended Central High School, Albert Lea, MN

11. oceanstarryeyes

oceanstarryeyes Well-Known Member

There must have been a reason to get married. What big changes did he make during his marriage? Did he also steal her identity information?

12. Vern

Vern Well-Known Member

I'm wagering that she had the home and he moved in with her,

13. oceanstarryeyes

Moved in with her for only five months? There had to have been another reason?
    Maybe they applied for a large loan after married that gave him money to leave on or he could have used her identity and passport to go to a new location. Maybe both reasons.

StarrChance and Vern like this.
  14. CyresAres1

He took nothing from her and consistently worked multiple jobs. Maybe he actually liked her... but don’t know.

15. CyresAres1

He was renting to own a house when they met and she moved in with him.

16. Laughing

Laughing Rarely Speechless

Kansas City -- Richards Gebaur AFB, decommissioned @1994, still Reserves stationed there

Richards-Gebaur Air Force Base (historical) (in Cass County, MO)

Wichita, KS -- McConnell AFB

Vern, does the person you found seem to have any connection to Richards-Gebaur?

If they divorced in Missouri, he likely wasn't using the Harrod surname. No record at Missouri CaseNet. Could have been too early, or too long ago.

Belton MO seems to be in Cass County. Anyone local, willing to go to the Courthouse to check 1985 divorces?

Off to look on-line for an index....

For the FaceBook literate:

Maybe share "Mr. Harrod's" picture here?

Richards-Gebaur Air Reserve Station - Kansas City, Missouri - Landmark & Historical Place, Neighborhood | Facebook

17. oceanstarryeyes

She wouldn’t know her Identity or Passport was stolen unless she had a reason to check. She also could have had her Fathers Identity information (if he died) or a past husband or relatives information that he could have used.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
  18. Elainera

Elainera Well-Known Member

That makes me think he did not want to disappear, but he had to. Maybe he saw someone in town from his former life. Or something in the local news that could be a threat to him. Did he commit a crime and thought he would get caught? What was going on in Hamilton County on or before Thanksgiving 1992? Did other people disappear? Did money disappear?

19. CyresAres1

Pretty much just the Baumeister case. No money we know of or other major crimes.

20. Andreee

Andreee Well-Known Member

deleted.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019