Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #14 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a go at my own sketchmap for those not familiar with the area. It is not a masterpiece of cartography but it might help someone who is unfamiliar. Don't bother to castigate me, I failed CSE art in 1971 and I know my limitations...

Awesome woollybear! I demand more hand drawn maps!

I think the person put her body into the river and not directly into the estuary, because surely if not the car would’ve been spotted at some point on cctv? Even days/weeks afterwards? With no mention or appeal by police for any witnesses to ‘x’ car in the vicinity of an estuary drop off?

The fact that the only appeal by the police is the 3/4 people Croda one is very telling. It’s a shame but I believe they may not come forward as

1-they’re scared of being implicated (most of us would have this fear, I’m sure)

Or

2-doing their own dodgy dealings and want to avoid trouble

I had a go at my own sketchmap for those not familiar with the area. It is not a masterpiece of cartography but it might help someone who is unfamiliar. Don't bother to castigate me, I failed CSE art in 1971 and I know my limitations...

Beautiful! I love hand-drawn maps! (I don't understand the reference to "Grimsby roads" though - am I misreading that?)

I have always thought that LS had been staggering and falling trying to cross Beverley Road and GB stopped to check that she was ok as he was driving along and even helped her to the bench. It was a very cold and icy night and I own the same Vans she was wearing and I would struggle to walk in icy conditions in them sober. I hadn’t appreciated how busy Beverley Road is until I saw some of the videos posted on here and can imagine it would be hard to cross in those conditions very drunk even at the crossing. She was already falling, because the male students on Wellesley Avenue had seen her fall previously after getting out of the taxi. I did also read in the early days that the interaction with GB happened on the Beresford Road side of Beverley Road, so maybe the bench was the safest place to take her and then she said she was ok.

I do think spidercam was LS and PR and I do think that he took her to Oak Road Playing Fields, only because of all the LE activity we have seen has been around there and also the only CCTV LE have shown is also around there. The rest I don’t know. I am sure though PR is involved.

If you look back at the footage before she goes to Welly , you can see her stumble but she is managing to walk okay. She isn’t staggering to the point where you would stop a car for her. That’s why the people who saw her on her street didn’t stop to help her.
IMO she has either slipped on the road as you say or she has lost the plot a bit and was waving down taxis/ cars and that’s why GB helped.
I think PR put her postcode in to his car because that’s where he wanted to take her to have her alone. He obviously wouldn’t take her to his house so he thought he’d go to hers and he could do what he wanted with her. When it came out that she had no keys or when she said she lived with friends , he drove to oak road playing fields.

Then he must have flashed her , she screams , he strangles her and does whatever he does. He then has to carry her to the water..... Because if not , he has to carry her back to his car and risk being seen.
It must have been oak road playing fields as the LE searched so hard there that they must have had clear CCTV footage of him driving there.
That would mean that the same CCTV footage would show the car leaving and presumably her NOT being in the passenger seat.
Without that CCTV information, they would have expanded the search area....

It's been a while since I viewed that footage. Just watched it again and it looks to me like running man, just before he goes from view, puts his hands on his head, rubs his face like in disbelief/shock.

'Distressed state' could mean a number of things. Libby could have been cold and shaking, emotionally distressed as in crying and visibly upset, unwell and being sick or falling/walking/lying on the road or pavement. Distressed sounds like someone is upset and anxious.

Given that her friends were looking for her by 1.12 is it possible they'd already agreed something if they weren't contacted by phone? They'd expect a call by 11.30 ish to say she was home. Start calling her by 11.45.. Keep calling for a bit. Go home and panic. Maybe that was the meet? Normally well lit and safe? Just a thought and not a particularly good one

Wasn't just an ageeement for that night. A lot of reports covered the fact that a friend said Libby would let them know when she got home from nights out:

"Libby's best friend Lauren Goodman also urged anyone with information to come forward. Lauren said Libby would always let someone know she is safe, even if she were to lose her phone and not doing so is out of character."

Libby Squire's parents make emotional plea to missing daughter

Thanks @Audiohoney.

I'd like to add that the map has recently been updated to include markers for locations such as North Ferriby, Paull and Spurn Point. The map also includes known locations of PR's alleged unrelated crimes (as stated in MSM) plus, very sadly, the location where Libby was found (as seen in the lifeboat tracking footage shown in MSM).
Thanks, Sera.

'Distressed state' could mean a number of things. Libby could have been cold and shaking, emotionally distressed as in crying and visibly upset, unwell and being sick or falling/walking/lying on the road or pavement. Distressed sounds like someone is upset and anxious.

I agree on your last sentence in regards to ‘upset’ distressed to me conjours up strong, if not hysterical crying/wailing, and yet again in this sad story, so many things mean so many things to all of us!

Or

MOO in this instance, falling, scrapes on legs/knees maybe, laying down on the road or pavement? I think the LE choice of ‘distressed’ and GB stopping means it’s something above and beyond our idea of a drunk person struggling to sit up straight.

Was the perp watching already? Were they picking up a takeaway, or nipped into Sainsbury’s? Had a drink in Haworth? All my musings only but there’s been a split second his head was turned in Libby’s direction-where was he for this to happen? I’m hoping they have more of a picture of his movements and shops/pubs etc have been very good on keeping quiet.

An inquest is due to start later into the death of Hull University student Libby Squire, whose body was found near Grimsby Docks last week.

Miss Squire disappeared after a night out in Hull.

Police believe she got a taxi from the Welly Club to her home in Wellesley Avenue at about 23:30 on 31 January.

Her body was recovered last Wednesday close to Spurn Point, near Grimsby Docks.

The 21-year-old's death is being treated as a "potential homicide" and a man remains under investigation, police say.

The inquest is expected to be opened and adjourned at Hull Coroner's Court this afternoon.

BBC East Yorks and Lincs (@looknorthBBC) tweeted at 9:02 am on Mon, Mar 25, 2019:
Inquest due to start into death of Hull University student Libby Squire, whose body was found last week: https://t.co/tvQ46zMYVt BBC East Yorks and Lincs on Twitter
(BBC East Yorks and Lincs on Twitter)

It's been a while since I viewed that footage. Just watched it again and it looks to me like running man, just before he goes from view, puts his hands on his head, rubs his face like in disbelief/shock.
I genuinely think if someone running from the park had seen something untoward, they’d say, especially given the outcome.
There’s quite a large East European population in Hull, I hope they’re circulating it on ‘their’ media channels too. I wonder how many follow ‘hull live’ or watch the BBC?
I haven’t actually seen it on or in any media aside what’s been linked to here or I’ve since followed since this case so perhaps they’re not getting the correct reach?
I hope the people in it, have just not seen it.

Edited as it didn’t really make sense. Not sure it still does!

Floral tributes have been left at the scene of her disappearance, with one card reading “gone from our sights but never our hearts.”

Another mourner wrote: “RIP Libby. Our hearts are broken, we all thought you would be home safe. We will keep you in our hearts forever in Hull. Sleep peacefully beautiful angel our candles will light your way home.”

One message simply said: “Thoughts and prayers go to all. Won’t be forgotten."

Thousands of people have since posted messages of love and support to Libby’s family on social media. Among them, one person posted: “My heart goes out to you, your family and Libby’s friends. I cannot begin to imagine how you get through this. We are all thinking of you at this terrible time.”

Another said: “I read her post and it is so so sad. What Libby’s family have gone through over the last seven weeks and will have to now deal with is heart-wrenching, you just cannot imagine their grief. Much love sending their way.”

Libby Squire remembered in heartbreaking shrine as inquest to hear how student, 21, died after vanishing on night out

I think she had got home, realised she didn’t have a key to get in, she didn’t have her phone and probably didn’t have any money, I’m of course presuming her friends paid for the taxi. I think she got more and more upset because of these things and more vulnerable as she got colder. So she would have been upset and distressed. I think she was either trying to get back to The Welly where her friends were, but that doesn’t explain crossing the road or she went to the bench to feel safe until her friends got home. I think if I was in that vulnerable and very cold state I would have tried to get back to The Welly unless I had a friend somewhere who I knew would be home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann