IN IN - Amiah Robertson, 8 months, Indianapolis, 15 Mar 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it a fact RL still works with the paving company? I have a brother in law that has his own paving company and have seen machines they use. Including barrels for primer ..... my mind just wandered :(

I believe the only information we have about that is that he has it listed on his Facebook. I don't think there's been any other information provided about whether he still works there, if he's currently working, etc.

“Robertson said he believes Lyons is capable of harming Amiah. Though he didn't know him well, Robertson said his daughter had said Lyons was physically abusive during their relationship.

"She is scared for her life. She is scared that he is going to hurt her. She tells me all the time, she is scared that he is going to find her and hurt her," Robertson said.

As the search continues and no arrests are made, Robertson's concern for his family's safety grows.

"Not only am I scared for my granddaughter, of course, but now I am scared for my daughter as well."

Robertson has a message for Lyons: "Step up. Quit hiding. Admit the truth. Let everyone know the truth of what happened to my granddaughter."“

Crews search 2 locations for missing 8-month-old

I can understand all of that up to a point. Very much so. I actually felt for the mom for a bit. My breaking point was when they announced the actual date of disappearance was a week prior. There is no excuse for that. None. As a mother you are to protect your children. (I know, I’m preaching to the choir, I do appreciate this forum for being able to vent within reason) What are you doing for that week? Waiting for her to just stroll back home? Im sure she absolutely loves her baby. But she’s not a baby doll. She lives and breathes and needs care. Protection.

I guess if he was threatening her the whole week and she was scared, I can see that. Ok, putting that in my mind, and the only scenario that would even make sense, he needs to be arrested. That is the most mind boggling.

BBM. I think he kept promising to return the baby and then made excuses for why it didn't happen. It took a week for AR to get fed up with the excuses and went to LE. I'm surprised LE treated it so lightly at first because RL in NOT the custodial parent.

Society has certainly failed baby Amiah and that breaks my heart.

JMO

You guys. I'm here in Indy. I don't wish to besmirch IMPD in any way whatsoever but I do feel it is not likely that they are doing surveillance or following the ex-bf since his release. JMO. Sorry, I'm still having trouble with all the initials. IMPD is overwhelmed. I just do not believe they have the resources to dedicate to this case that we would like to see or hope for. For example, yesterday evening a mother with her 8 year old daughter arrived at a fire station with the little girl shot. The little girl passed away and today they are looking for her father. It is always something here. That said, they do seem to be putting a lot of effort in currently but I'm not sure how long that will be able to continue given the new murders practically each day. This isn't like a smaller town with one big crime happening, it's a city with bad areas and constant big crime. I think their focus shifts constantly as a result. I hate to be Debbie Downer and again, nothing against IMPD, they just don't have the manpower to dedicate to each case. MOO.

Is the FBI still involved?

BBM. I think he kept promising to return the baby and then made excuses for why it didn't happen. It took a week for AR to get fed up with the excuses and went to LE. I'm surprised LE treated it so lightly at first because RL in NOT the custodial parent.

Society has certainly failed baby Amiah and that breaks my heart.

JMO

Do you have a link to info about RL not being the custodial parent? I couldn't find anything one way or the other when I was looking for something about that earlier.

Mariner%20Way%20dive%20team_1553530525507.jpg_79089365_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

Crews search 2 locations for missing 8-month-old

amiah-search-web-1.jpg

Crews search west side pond for evidence in case of missing baby Amiah Robertson

—-

For timeline:

“The search along the White River
On Wednesday, police investigated the bank of the White River because they received a tip that items possibly belonging to the girl had been seen there.

Police and volunteers on Thursday and Friday continued to search downstream of the spot on the White River where they had started so they could "completely exhaust the lead," according to IMPD.

Burkert on Saturday confirmed that items found on the bank of the White River were identified as belonging to Amiah or her family. Police would not provide additional details about the items that were found.“

'It's devastating': 8-month-old girl's disappearance investigated as homicide

—-

“A water search in connection with the disappearance of 8-month-old Amiah Robertson wrapped up for the day Monday evening on the Indianapolis northwest side.

Authorities did not say whether they found anything that would lead them to Amiah.

Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department detectives and firefighters from several fire departments were called to a pond at the Mariner's Village Apartments just after 9:30 a.m.”

Snip

“Detectives were led to this area during the course of the investigation, law enforcement sources confirmed.

Detectives have been tracking down a number of leads across the city.

Fire department boats used side-scanning sonar technology that creates a picture or an image of what is at the bottom of the pond.

The crews are also utilizing divers to physically search underwater.

Firefighters were also called out around 7:15 p.m. Sunday to the same area, but called off the search when it became too dark for them to operate safely.“

Water search connected to missing Indy 8-month-old underway

Last edited:
I really hope that if he is a suspect they really haven't lost him. Seems like if he diverted their attention to other places he could have easily went back to where he originally placed her, and then moved her elsewhere, and he would have that much of a head start in hiding her.

I hear ya. Add to questions for LE about organized and community searches. Absolutely! :)

I reached out Crime Stoppers who referred me to the Homicide Dept. unfortunately it when to voice mail.
I called the non emergency number who referred me to IMPD Missing Person Detectives.

Talked to a Detective in Missing Persons she explained the Indianapolis Missing Person dept. had Amiah Robertson's case just a short amount of time.

Homicide Dept. took over quickly after evidence collected at the scene showed signs of a homicide.
A search dog was brought in after some articles belonging to Amiah had been found near the water. The search dog located a trail of scent only to the water.

The Detective talked about the Mom waiting a week before contacting the police. I believe the police are suspicious of the Mom's behavior.

Lastly, the police needs to show probable cause to enter abandon drug houses. Many of these abandon houses have squatters living in them doing drugs.
Dangerous for volunteers to search abandon houses. She reiterated this message.

I hope this helps.
Sorry it took so long to get this out. Had to attend a long meeting.

Last month, there was an article on the Delphi case and ISP Detective Jerry Holeman said the following quote as he explained the workings of the FBI system called “Pyramid.” I've never heard of it before and it's quite interesting.

Delphi investigator: We wont leave any stone unturned

“People accuse of us not giving the information, well, it’s need to know basis and the people that need to know it have access to it,” Holeman said. “Other departments can find out what they need to know, and we definitely share,” Holeman said.

I suppose most LE feel the same way. I'm pretty sure they do know where RL is.

I reached out Crime Stoppers who referred me to the Homicide Dept. unfortunately it when to voice mail.
I called the non emergency number who referred me to IMPD Missing Person Detectives.

Talked to a Detective in Missing Persons she explained the Indianapolis Missing Person dept. had Amiah Robertson's case just a short amount of time.

Homicide Dept. took over quickly after evidence collected at the scene showed signs of a homicide.
A search dog was brought in after some articles belonging to Amiah had been found near the water. The search dog located a trail of scent only to the water.

The Detective talked about the Mom waiting a week before contacting the police. I believe the police are suspicious of the Mom's behavior.

Lastly, the police needs to show probable cause to enter abandon drug houses. Many of these abandon houses have squatters living in them doing drugs.

I hope this helps.
Sorry it took so long to get this out. Had to attend a long meeting.
Thank you so much for taking the time to call and get that information!

You're a star! Thank you!
92D9904B-6B0B-436B-A88E-7F6201E2381C.jpeg

And Margarita!

822CF54E-760C-4928-AD04-5FE157034E3A.jpeg
You deserve all the Rita’s <3
Thank you for all you do!

I'm impressed you got that out of them. Evidence collected near the scene, the water? I probably saw this where I shouldn't have, but who knows. I know theres a group of searchers being guided by an "empath" who are making sure to remind people to arm themselves if they have a carry permit.

So your too scared to report your baby missing but not too scared to call police when it involves you personally with the domestic abuse?
After reading your post, I remembered asking the detective about the boyfriend being released while Amiah is missing.

Rl was booked for domestic violence,
this had to do with Amiah’s mom.

The police couldn’t hold Rl on any other charges except domestic violence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member