IN IN - Amiah Robertson, 8 months, Indianapolis, 15 Mar 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully this isn't breaking the rules to share, if so I'm happy to delete, but I was on that side of town today getting coffee with friends near 1017 Hamilton (I know we've talked about how the east side is dangerous but in all honesty, that exact area is becoming rapidly gentrified and is pretty safe during the day). There's a coffee shop right across 10th Street in the same block as 1017 Hamilton... you can see the house from the entrance of the coffee shop... and saw a woman who I am pretty confident was Amber's mother (just from seeing pics of her on SM) leaving the residence as we were leaving the coffee shop. I'm not 100% positive but I believe that house is her mother's house. There was nothing else of note happening around that area fwiw and I didn't go look at the house further or anything because I didn't want to be that person.

Many young single mothers don't seek child support or public assistance because they don't want to deal with Social Services or risk CPS getting involved. Once they are "in the system," it's hard to get out.
If Amber did not have stable living conditions or a means to support her children they may have taken both children from her, until she was able to find a steady job and shelter for her children.
Many parents don't want to risk CPS getting involved, since they will lose custody of their children. Imo

Very true. It is debatable what the case is here. I would imagine there is at least an outstanding hospital bill for her birth if no assistance was applied for. However, that is simply a financial judgment and the ruination of credit. I just from the little we know fail to see how they supported themselves although there are ways I suppose.

I for one do not put much store in RL's claim of currently working on a social media page. I have seen several people who do that and it is no longer current or never was true. If anything, maybe in summer they hired him on as a laborer. What is he? 20? I doubt he was working at such a job when she went missing but I could be wrong. I live further north and their weather was behind ours.

Amber as well, I heard she worked at Arby's and then it was stated she does not work and I believe both statements came from the same family source.

As far as I recall and jmo and speculation.

A clever sleuther (sorry, again I forget who) discovered MSM had just pulled a similar car that was for sale in California, so it's NOT his actual vehicle.

Though that makes me wonder why PD didn't provide a photo. Perhaps the "public" they are reaching out to isn't just random people/shoppers who were also in that area and may have seen RL & Amiah but to a specific party/parties who are already acquainted with him? They didn't even hold up.a photo of him either during that presser, did they?

You can't expect the general public to go to the trouble of looking all that info up; the mugshot of him, photos of similar make/model vehicle, so they can try to remember if they saw him or Amiah. You have to provide that for the public, but the PD didn't. Is it because they assume he was with someone he already knew for those 7 hours or at least partially for that time?

Hmmmmm....

It was me. :) Here's the link again to the example vehicle they're using, which is actually in California: Purchase used 1996 Isuzu Rodeo, NO RESERVE in Orange, California, United States

It's strange how in most of the pictures her eyes look brown but in the one the media used they are grayish. Maybe they changed color over time.
Amber described them as being green, blue, or hazel. In some pictures it doesn't even look like the same baby. Imo
People thought the same in the JC case and she is 13. If I recall both hazel and green were said as well.
All good questions! I wish we had more answers on so many different things in this case.

The photo of the Rodeo that has been circulating in MSM is an example photo. It's actually a Rodeo that's for sale at a dealership in California right now. AFAIK, they have not shown an actual image of the real Rodeo.

I read that after I posted that someone reverse searched it. I guess that settles that question except for those that may have seen a vehicle with a dent or rust that this one does not have and thinks this is the actual vehicle. I certainly thought it probably was at first :)

I read that after I posted that someone reverse searched it. I guess that settles that question except for those that may have seen a vehicle with a dent or rust that this one does not have and thinks this is the actual vehicle. I certainly thought it probably was at first :)

(Snipped for brevity.)

I know what you mean! In other cases when they use an example car picture, they usually label it directly on the photo, saying it's not the actual car. I don't know why that didn't happen here. :(

A clever sleuther (sorry, again I forget who) discovered MSM had just pulled a similar car that was for sale in California, so it's NOT his actual vehicle.

Though that makes me wonder why PD didn't provide a photo. Perhaps the "public" they are reaching out to isn't just random people/shoppers who were also in that area and may have seen RL & Amiah but to a specific party/parties who are already acquainted with him? They didn't even hold up.a photo of him either during that presser, did they?

You can't expect the general public to go to the trouble of looking all that info up; the mugshot of him, photos of similar make/model vehicle, so they can try to remember if they saw him or Amiah. You have to provide that for the public, but the PD didn't. Is it because they assume he was with someone he already knew for those 7 hours or at least partially for that time?

Hmmmmm....

It is a bit difficult to understand. They want sightings of him and the vehicle but neither were held up. They have the vehicle in impound and have a recent mug shot of him...?

When I looked at the vehicle picture I just clicked an image on here, had I known it was DM, I would not have given it much credit--I should have looked further.

However, how many people do just that...?

LE has the vehicle with all of its likely imperfections, a pic of it may help...

jmo though.

(Snipped for brevity.)

I know what you mean! In other cases when they use an example car picture, they usually label it directly on the photo, saying it's not the actual car. I don't know why that didn't happen here. :(

Probably the source which if I understand it correctly now was the Daily Mail. That may explain it :)

Very true. It is debatable what the case is here. I would imagine there is at least an outstanding hospital bill for her birth if no assistance was applied for. However, that is simply a financial judgment and the ruination of credit. I just from the little we know fail to see how they supported themselves although there are ways I suppose.

I for one do not put much store in RL's claim of currently working on a social media page. I have seen several people who do that and it is no longer current or never was true. If anything, maybe in summer they hired him on as a laborer. What is he? 20? I doubt he was working at such a job when she went missing but I could be wrong. I live further north and their weather was behind ours.

Amber as well, I heard she worked at Arby's and then it was stated she does not work and I believe both statements came from the same family source.

As far as I recall and jmo and speculation.
Yes, well it's a little different for pregnant women who are single because it automatically makes one eligible, and it's not necessary to list your assets or income. The baby is usually covered until age one.
After that time they would have to reapply if they wanted to continue getting benefits, and more information would be required.
But that may vary from state to state, and as you mentioned, there are other ways to make a living.
After all, RL was arrested for burglary at one time so there's that. Jmo

Hopefully this isn't breaking the rules to share, if so I'm happy to delete, but I was on that side of town today getting coffee with friends near 1017 Hamilton (I know we've talked about how the east side is dangerous but in all honesty, that exact area is becoming rapidly gentrified and is pretty safe during the day). There's a coffee shop right across 10th Street in the same block as 1017 Hamilton... you can see the house from the entrance of the coffee shop... and saw a woman who I am pretty confident was Amber's mother (just from seeing pics of her on SM) leaving the residence as we were leaving the coffee shop. I'm not 100% positive but I believe that house is her mother's house. There was nothing else of note happening around that area fwiw and I didn't go look at the house further or anything because I didn't want to be that person.
I think people keep referring to the West Side being scary. You're near Woodruff Place and not far from Old North Side. I've got lots of friends in that area, it's not that bad.

Omg. Something just hit me.

If RL’s employment involves “paving” this mean he has access to CONCRETE.

I hope LE is looking at all his work sites. We’ve seen guys in construction bury bodies at their work locations.

What jobs has he had since the 9th? What days did he go to work?
What machinery does he know how to operate and have access to? Does his employment involve only working onsite, or does he go to “paving locations.”

Hmmm...

But it seems LE is focused on the water. They did find some of her items there, but IF that is a red herring...

I’m not liking this concrete thing.

I wonder if they are taking note of concrete blocks in the water. I would think so, barrels, etc.

—-

Looking for more information about this company:

<modsnip: Please do not post name and address of company>

So they pave roads. Hmmmm...not liking that.

When and where did he pave roads since March 9?

——

ETA:
Suddenly very worried about the likelihood of finding Amiah after this post. It is very common imo for a perp to implement both work locations and crafts within a disposal, moo.
Oh God, margarita25, you had to go there! Tequila time! And I don’t drink tequila!

I live in the suburbs of Indy, work downtown. I've refrained from posting due to locals posted how horrible Indy is . In areas, yes .Much like major metropolitan cities. I love Indy and all the sports, museums, arts it has to offer. So I said my piece there.
I, we, know Amiah is gone. I believe disposed in a manner no one deserves. Unfortunately those that are involved have memory lapses due to drugs, intellectual disabilities, whatever. It's definitely difficult for LE. I believe in our IMPD even though they are overwhelmed.

I think people keep referring to the West Side being scary. You're near Woodruff Place and not far from Old North Side. I've got lots of friends in that area, it's not that bad.
Yep. I live in Old Northside and the area the Hamilton address is at is about a 5 minute drive from my house. I think about 2-3 blocks east of there it does start to get a bit sketchy and where a lot of the gang/drug shootings have happened in recent years but 1017 Hamilton is right by Rabble Coffee and Beholder, both pretty nice places.

Agreed. Woodruff Place has been very gentrified and nothing like it used to be.

I myself when I refer to the near East side I'm thinking Washington to at least 10th, including Rural. But I primarily refer to the near West side. It is undeniably one of the most dangerous and drug infested parts of town.

As far as Indy having good qualities of course it does. All cities do. I enjoy the good parts, museums, restaurants, the canal, my university.

But the fact that in the post quoted that IMPD is "overwhelmed" speaks volumes to the crime rate here. (Sorry, after all this time still haven't figured out the double quote thing lol! So referring to the quote you posted)

There is no denying that we have been listed in the top 10 most dangerous cities to live in. IMO a large part is the drug culture that has invaded and an acceptance and tolerance of it by IMPD as long as it's confined. Perhaps to certain areas. Until something really big or bad happens.

Being overwhelmed by a high crime rate is not an excuse in my opinion. The police are funded and trusted to do their job. Overwhelming or not. And there is a baby, a victim of a homicide per IMPD still missing and no justice.

I don't normally watch local news on television, I go online. Did today again and Amiah was not a lead story at noon, six, or 11. And by the time I stopped watching 20 mins into each broadcast, she had not been mentioned. But I did get to catch up on the 2 elephants that died at the zoo.
all jmo

For local reference I lived north of downtown in Carmel for the first 3 years I lived here. On the heart of Main St before moving to more diversified downtown.

If Amiah was missing and declared to be a homicide in Carmel, it would be a headline every day and most likely national news.
jmo
ETA and clarify, Carmel is one of the most affluent suburbs of the city. And the disregard by the media and confusion of the police reports and facts released would be handled completely differently had it occurred there. It's just unacceptable. jmo

Last edited:
I made notes about things margarita asked for or other people asked about. In no particular order:

I know there's been debate about whether Robbie Lyons was even working at the place he lists as his place of employment. Margarita read that the company states they do asphalt and concrete work. A lot of people from Robbie's step-father's family also work there. One of them posts photos of all the jobs they do. Every single photo has been of asphalt work. I haven't seen a single photo of concrete work.

I was asked for the source of where Amber lived as far back as the last thread when I said I read she lived in a "shed" behind the babysitter's house. I can't tell you how much time I've spent trying to find out where I read that. I have watched every single video since this case began because I thought someone in Amber's family said that.

After scouring everything, I think I got that information from a group that is not nearly as well moderated as Websleuths. I rarely check in there. In the "What We Know" section of the group's Amiah Robertson thread, it is posted that Amber lives in the shed behind the babysitter's house. I went back through the thread to see the source of that information and it is not from MSM. It is from an interview with Robbie Lyons’ step-father who said that Robbie and Amber lived in the “shed” behind the babysitter’s house. Take that for what it's worth. At this point, it seems most likely that Amber may not have had a consistent address.

I don't know if posts change numbers, so I'll just give responses to some questions that were asked.

Someone asked if we know what Amiah's condition was when Robbie left with her on 3/9. From Baby Amiah Robertson Presumed Dead: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

"The story that police now believe to be the facts, according to Det. Jeannie Burkhart is that on March 9 at around 1 p.m., Amiah was seen “alive and well” with Robert Lyons in south Indianapolis. He went back home at 10 that night without the baby."

Margarita asked for a source for this quote back in post #560: "Detectives then when to the home on South Holmes Avenue, where the baby was last seen, and using a search warrant began interviewing possible witnesses. Investigators were also on hand to collect potential evidence. Detectives say they have been given conflicting stories."

This is the source:
Police use search warrant at home where missing 8-month-old was last seen

PUBLISHED: MAR 19TH, 2019 - 2:39AM (EDT)

I hope the post numbers don't change. In #562, someone questioned if the neighbor who said Amber lived in a car in back of the babysitter's house was the same person who said she saw Amber speed-walking with the Amiah on 3/15. Yes, that is the same neighbor, TB, who turned over her surveillance videos to LE.
Source for the neighbor who made the observations:
Baby Amiah Robertson Presumed Dead: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Somewhere upthread, Margarita said, Wasn't it Amber’s grandfather who originally said he didn't think Amiah was in danger? The article doesn't specifically say who in Amber's family made that comment, but here is the comment and the source:

"The child's family initially told authorities she had last been seen Thursday and "was not believed to be in danger," according to Indianapolis police."

Police: Conflicting stories after disappearance of 8-month-old

I can barely keep up with you guys. I had a few other answers, but they were answered by the time I got ready to post. Great job everyone!

Margarita, you should call it a day. Thank you for everything. You've done too much and this is a case to take breaks from.

I made notes about things margarita asked for or other people asked about. In no particular order:

I know there's been debate about whether Robbie Lyons was even working at the place he lists as his place of employment. Margarita read that the company states they do asphalt and concrete work. A lot of people from Robbie's step-father's family also work there. One of them posts photos of all the jobs they do. Every single photo has been of asphalt work. I haven't seen a single photo of concrete work.

I was asked for the source of where Amber lived as far back as the last thread when I said I read she lived in a "shed" behind the babysitter's house. I can't tell you how much time I've spent trying to find out where I read that. I have watched every single video since this case began because I thought someone in Amber's family said that.

After scouring everything, I think I got that information from a group that is not nearly as well moderated as Websleuths. I rarely check in there. In the "What We Know" section of the group's Amiah Robertson thread, it is posted that Amber lives in the shed behind the babysitter's house. I went back through the thread to see the source of that information and it is not from MSM. It is from an interview with Robbie Lyons’ step-father who said that Robbie and Amber lived in the “shed” behind the babysitter’s house. Take that for what it's worth. At this point, it seems most likely that Amber may not have had a consistent address.

I don't know if posts change numbers, so I'll just give responses to some questions that were asked.

Someone asked if we know what Amiah's condition was when Robbie left with her on 3/9. From Baby Amiah Robertson Presumed Dead: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

"The story that police now believe to be the facts, according to Det. Jeannie Burkhart is that on March 9 at around 1 p.m., Amiah was seen “alive and well” with Robert Lyons in south Indianapolis. He went back home at 10 that night without the baby."

Margarita asked for a source for this quote back in post #560: "Detectives then when to the home on South Holmes Avenue, where the baby was last seen, and using a search warrant began interviewing possible witnesses. Investigators were also on hand to collect potential evidence. Detectives say they have been given conflicting stories."

This is the source:
Police use search warrant at home where missing 8-month-old was last seen

PUBLISHED: MAR 19TH, 2019 - 2:39AM (EDT)

I hope the post numbers don't change. In #562, someone questioned if the neighbor who said Amber lived in a car in back of the babysitter's house was the same person who said she saw Amber speed-walking with the Amiah on 3/15. Yes, that is the same neighbor, TB, who turned over her surveillance videos to LE.
Source for the neighbor who made the observations:
Baby Amiah Robertson Presumed Dead: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Somewhere upthread, Margarita said, Wasn't it Amber’s grandfather who originally said he didn't think Amiah was in danger? The article doesn't specifically say who in Amber's family made that comment, but here is the comment and the source:

"The child's family initially told authorities she had last been seen Thursday and "was not believed to be in danger," according to Indianapolis police."

Police: Conflicting stories after disappearance of 8-month-old

I can barely keep up with you guys. I had a few other answers, but they were answered by the time I got ready to post. Great job everyone!

Margarita, you should call it a day. Thank you for everything. You've done too much and this is a case to take breaks from.
Thank you!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member