IN IN - Amiah Robertson, 8 months, Indianapolis, 15 Mar 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made notes about things margarita asked for or other people asked about. In no particular order:

I know there's been debate about whether Robbie Lyons was even working at the place he lists as his place of employment. Margarita read that the company states they do asphalt and concrete work. A lot of people from Robbie's step-father's family also work there. One of them posts photos of all the jobs they do. Every single photo has been of asphalt work. I haven't seen a single photo of concrete work.

I was asked for the source of where Amber lived as far back as the last thread when I said I read she lived in a "shed" behind the babysitter's house. I can't tell you how much time I've spent trying to find out where I read that. I have watched every single video since this case began because I thought someone in Amber's family said that.

After scouring everything, I think I got that information from a group that is not nearly as well moderated as Websleuths. I rarely check in there. In the "What We Know" section of the group's Amiah Robertson thread, it is posted that Amber lives in the shed behind the babysitter's house. I went back through the thread to see the source of that information and it is not from MSM. It is from an interview with Robbie Lyons’ step-father who said that Robbie and Amber lived in the “shed” behind the babysitter’s house. Take that for what it's worth. At this point, it seems most likely that Amber may not have had a consistent address.

I don't know if posts change numbers, so I'll just give responses to some questions that were asked.

Someone asked if we know what Amiah's condition was when Robbie left with her on 3/9. From Baby Amiah Robertson Presumed Dead: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

"The story that police now believe to be the facts, according to Det. Jeannie Burkhart is that on March 9 at around 1 p.m., Amiah was seen “alive and well” with Robert Lyons in south Indianapolis. He went back home at 10 that night without the baby."

Margarita asked for a source for this quote back in post #560: "Detectives then when to the home on South Holmes Avenue, where the baby was last seen, and using a search warrant began interviewing possible witnesses. Investigators were also on hand to collect potential evidence. Detectives say they have been given conflicting stories."

This is the source:
Police use search warrant at home where missing 8-month-old was last seen

PUBLISHED: MAR 19TH, 2019 - 2:39AM (EDT)

I hope the post numbers don't change. In #562, someone questioned if the neighbor who said Amber lived in a car in back of the babysitter's house was the same person who said she saw Amber speed-walking with the Amiah on 3/15. Yes, that is the same neighbor, TB, who turned over her surveillance videos to LE.
Source for the neighbor who made the observations:
Baby Amiah Robertson Presumed Dead: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Somewhere upthread, Margarita said, Wasn't it Amber’s grandfather who originally said he didn't think Amiah was in danger? The article doesn't specifically say who in Amber's family made that comment, but here is the comment and the source:

"The child's family initially told authorities she had last been seen Thursday and "was not believed to be in danger," according to Indianapolis police."

Police: Conflicting stories after disappearance of 8-month-old

I can barely keep up with you guys. I had a few other answers, but they were answered by the time I got ready to post. Great job everyone!

Margarita, you should call it a day. Thank you for everything. You've done too much and this is a case to take breaks from.
Amazing work and @margarita25 as well.
This case is so frustrating and infuriating. Thank you for clarifying so much.

I made notes about things margarita asked for or other people asked about. In no particular order:

I know there's been debate about whether Robbie Lyons was even working at the place he lists as his place of employment. Margarita read that the company states they do asphalt and concrete work. A lot of people from Robbie's step-father's family also work there. One of them posts photos of all the jobs they do. Every single photo has been of asphalt work. I haven't seen a single photo of concrete work.

I was asked for the source of where Amber lived as far back as the last thread when I said I read she lived in a "shed" behind the babysitter's house. I can't tell you how much time I've spent trying to find out where I read that. I have watched every single video since this case began because I thought someone in Amber's family said that.

After scouring everything, I think I got that information from a group that is not nearly as well moderated as Websleuths. I rarely check in there. In the "What We Know" section of the group's Amiah Robertson thread, it is posted that Amber lives in the shed behind the babysitter's house. I went back through the thread to see the source of that information and it is not from MSM. It is from an interview with Robbie Lyons’ step-father who said that Robbie and Amber lived in the “shed” behind the babysitter’s house. Take that for what it's worth. At this point, it seems most likely that Amber may not have had a consistent address.

I don't know if posts change numbers, so I'll just give responses to some questions that were asked.

Someone asked if we know what Amiah's condition was when Robbie left with her on 3/9. From Baby Amiah Robertson Presumed Dead: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

"The story that police now believe to be the facts, according to Det. Jeannie Burkhart is that on March 9 at around 1 p.m., Amiah was seen “alive and well” with Robert Lyons in south Indianapolis. He went back home at 10 that night without the baby."

Margarita asked for a source for this quote back in post #560: "Detectives then when to the home on South Holmes Avenue, where the baby was last seen, and using a search warrant began interviewing possible witnesses. Investigators were also on hand to collect potential evidence. Detectives say they have been given conflicting stories."

This is the source:

I hope the post numbers don't change. In #562, someone questioned if the neighbor who said Amber lived in a car in back of the babysitter's house was the same person who said she saw Amber speed-walking with the Amiah on 3/15. Yes, that is the same neighbor, TB, who turned over her surveillance videos to LE.

Somewhere upthread, Margarita said, Wasn't it Amber’s grandfather who originally said he didn't think Amiah was in danger? The article doesn't specifically say who in Amber's family made that comment, but here is the comment and the source:

"The child's family initially told authorities she had last been seen Thursday and "was not believed to be in danger," according to Indianapolis police."

I can barely keep up with you guys. I had a few other answers, but they were answered by the time I got ready to post. Great job everyone!

Margarita, you should call it a day. Thank you for everything. You've done too much and this is a case to take breaks from.
Great work to you and @margarita25 this case is exhausting in a different way from the Watts case. It's the ineptitude and seeming incompetence that is exhausting. Take a break as needed. Wish we had those interrogators that nailed Watts here. jmo

“The following error occurred:

An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later.”

Trying to update timeline.

Ps thank you @Choochoobella, @Johnny1181 and everyone for the kind words. It’s good to be in a group of like minds who take this kind of thing very seriously, even though none of us are directly related to this case. The fact that we all choose to spend our free time here for this baby says a lot. I am honored to be in this type of company. As I said before, I really do believe a crime upon a child is a crime upon humanity. Moo.

Thank you to our mods and @Tricia for supplementing this important platform for all cases and victims here.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Yes, well it's a little different for pregnant women who are single because it automatically makes one eligible, and it's not necessary to list your assets or income. The baby is usually covered until age one.
After that time they would have to reapply if they wanted to continue getting benefits, and more information would be required.
But that may vary from state to state, and as you mentioned, there are other ways to make a living.
After all, RL was arrested for burglary at one time so there's that. Jmo

It probably does vary by state. What I have seen yes, they can become eligible during pregnancy but once the child is born, child support and/or paternity are commenced because assistance is being received.

She could receive help from family, child support from the son's father possibly, RL could rob, sell something like stolen goods or drugs, etc. for money. In all of those cases, it would be cash help, not reported income and she would still possibly be eligible for state assistance, especially since they are not married.

I have no idea, however, she may receive none. It just seems like a likely possibility or at least may have been around the time of birth/the early months.

My question about it is more due to the issues allegedly with RL/the domestic/and motive.

Just speculation and jmo. Not trashing mom, just wondering about the specifics/motive. I guess also like many of us, I also wonder about the living situation, custody, placement, etc. with regard to Amiah.

Poor little Amiah. I wonder if she ever had a chance to bond with her mother. I don't care what mental capacity mom has or doesn't have but if she was bonded with this child she would not have let 12 hours go by without knowing exactly where her child is. March 10th the Cavalry should have been called in.

Yep. I live in Old Northside and the area the Hamilton address is at is about a 5 minute drive from my house. I think about 2-3 blocks east of there it does start to get a bit sketchy and where a lot of the gang/drug shootings have happened in recent years but 1017 Hamilton is right by Rabble Coffee and Beholder, both pretty nice places.
Indy has so many pockets of nice then sketchy. I lived at 12th & Central for many years, and all over Indy since birth. I know the city VERY well, including Carmel.

Nothing new as far as searches, warrants for arrest(s), new pressers since Saturday's, or Amiah being located, no. Unfortunately.

This is the source:

Regarding the shed, it was in a Heavy.com article I believe, where they had a screenshot of the Grandfather's FB post about it. Also, I believe a local news source/article contained a paragraph where a neighbor had claimed something very similar... Grandfather said shed or garage, and neighbor reported living in a car on the property. I will attempt to help you find both of those sources and report back.

*Edited to fix grammatical errors; phone keeps automatically changing shed to she'd*

Edited to add sources:

Here is the WISHtv8 article
Video surfaces from day after 8-month-old girl was reported missing
The neighbor who provided the video told News 8 that Lyons, mom Amber and daughter Amiah had been living in a car behind the house.

Here is the Heavy.com article where the man who raised RL claims in a FB post a similar living situation. A ways down under part/point #3 (This FB screenshot is from social media, HOWEVER, Heavy.com included it in their article as seen below)
Amber Roberston: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
...Amber and Robbie lived in the garage at the babysitter house....

Last edited:
Nothing new as far as searches, warrants for arrest(s), new pressers since Saturday's, or Amiah being located, no. Unf

Regarding the shed, it was in a Heavy.com article I believe, where they had a screenshot of the Grandfather's FB post about it. Also, I believe a local news source/article contained a paragraph where a neighbor had claimed something very similar... Grandfather said shed or garage, and neighbor reported living in a car on the property. I will attempt to help you find both of those sources and report back.

*Edited to fix grammatical errors; phone keeps automatically changing shed to she'd*

Edited to add sources:

Here is the WISHtv8 article
Video surfaces from day after 8-month-old girl was reported missing

Someone posted awhile back a video a neighbor was making probably with her phone, it was quite shaky, and she stated that she used to have a friend who lived in the shed and it was all "electrified" (i think is what she said, meaning it had electric i suppose) and everything... I cannot recall if she said that mom and RL actually lived in it but she pointed out that people had and someone she knew had lived in it...

If that is any help, I do not know, it was some pages back but not all that far...

RTV6 Indianapolis‏Verified account @rtv6

It has now been 18 days since 8-month-old Amiah Robertson was last seen alive. No arrests have been made in her case and although they have not found her body, police are calling her disappearance a homicide. #FindAmiah #BringAmiahHome #MissingInfant https://www.theindychannel.com/news/local-news/crime/timeline-the-disappearance-and-search-for-baby-amiah …

D2rVTeFXcAEhvrQ.jpg

RTV6 Indianapolis on Twitter

bbm

Wow. As a parent, that photo of her in the rocking chair with the bear just gives me so much anxiety. She's a newborn being propped right on the ledge of the chair in a very precarious position and could have easily fallen with even the slightest movement. Ugh.

Someone posted awhile back a video a neighbor was making probably with her phone, it was quite shaky, and she stated that she used to have a friend who lived in the shed and it was all "electrified" (i think is what she said, meaning it had electric i suppose) and everything... I cannot recall if she said that mom and RL actually lived in it but she pointed out that people had and someone she knew had lived in it...

If that is any help, I do not know, it was some pages back but not all that far...
Yes, I remember that too, she said a friend of hers had lived there and I thought she said RL was living there at the time.
It sounds more like a room that was fixed up as a space to rent.
I think that's the same video where she says they took large bags of evidence that were about the height of a person. She mentioned something about one that was labelled 6.
So maybe there were at least six evidence bags. Imo

This is the source:

Choochoobella thanks so much for posting this information. Margarita is great at detective work and knows how find information, a great thank you to Margarita.

Everything about Amiah's case has been difficult if not confusing. A innocence baby is missing, the mom basically gives Amiah over to a bf who is both physically and mentally abusive.

I have been unsettled since speaking with the missing person detective. I typed this message last night but realized I forgot to it.

I realized this mo

Just thoughts...

With regard to the 9th and sightings or knowledge or RL at a certain intersection (and I would like to point out in the PC the detective pointed out it was not just that intersection but the entire area), the only way to me they can know this is from a person or video.

Taking off from that point, video if found, would probably mean they had reason to look at video that far away to begin with OR it was someone who knew he was in that area...

Video of his Isuzu parked would not necessarily mean he was in the area all day for 8 to 9 hours. He could have gotten a ride, taken a bus, etc. My guess therefore is they know more than that...

I also do not think a man with a baby goes to any area and wanders around for 9 hours with the baby without being caught on video somewhere or without someone seeing him. This in my speculation leaves the thought of he was at someone's house, apartment or place, etc.

This to me (speculation) means someone cooperated or called in that they saw him or knew him to go to this area that day.

Just guessing of course.

I hate saying this but it does not take 8 or 9 hours to kill and dispose. Of a helpless child particularly. The last sighting if true was of the child at Holmes by the sitter and a couple of other people. Therefore, they have no sighting of him with the baby in this area on 03/09, in all of those hours, just of him and/or the vehicle.

I do not know where this leaves my thoughts but it is that they saw him and/or his vehicle. He still could have been picked up, walked and been picked up, etc. Therefore, I think someone shared some knowledge.

While a reward on this thread has been debated that it would bring out every Tom, Dick, Harry and Sally :), I think a significant enough reward may result in some answers. If there are people who are helping and doing the right thing (in the PC they said many were giving misleading info and others were helpful), a significant enough reward may help someone move who worries what people in an area would think of them or do if they knew they cooperated.

I would gladly contribute to one.

Just my own thoughts and just speculation...

Yes, I remember that too, she said a friend of hers had lived there and I thought she said RL was living there at the time.
It sounds more like a room that was fixed up as a space to rent.
I think that's the same video where she says they took large bags of evidence that were about the height of a person. She mentioned something about one that was labelled 6.
So maybe there were at least six evidence bags. Imo

Yes, that is how I recall it. She centered on the bag labeled 6, that I recall. I also thought she said they lived there.

Maybe it is up to code but my guess is it is a rental that does not meet building/rental code. It occurs everywhere in the US...

Anyhow, I was just recalling that this was one thing that mentioned the shed being a residence. I think it came from a MSM source that had the video as well.

Just thoughts...

With regard to the 9th and sightings or knowledge or RL at a certain intersection (and I would like to point out in the PC the detective pointed out it was not just that intersection but the entire area), the only way to me they can know this is from a person or video.

Taking off from that point, video if found, would probably mean they had reason to look at video that far away to begin with OR it was someone who knew he was in that area...

Video of his Isuzu parked would not necessarily mean he was in the area all day for 8 to 9 hours. He could have gotten a ride, taken a bus, etc. My guess therefore is they know more than that...

I also do not think a man with a baby goes to any area and wanders around for 9 hours with the baby without being caught on video somewhere or without someone seeing him. This in my speculation leaves the thought of he was at someone's house, apartment or place, etc.

This to me (speculation) means someone cooperated or called in that they saw him or knew him to go to this area that day.

Just guessing of course.

I hate saying this but it does not take 8 or 9 hours to kill and dispose. Of a helpless child particularly. The last sighting if true was of the child at Holmes by the sitter and a couple of other people. Therefore, they have no sighting of him with the baby in this area on 03/09, in all of those hours, just of him and/or the vehicle.

I do not know where this leaves my thoughts but it is that they saw him and/or his vehicle. He still could have been picked up, walked and been picked up, etc. Therefore, I think someone shared some knowledge.

While a reward on this thread has been debated that it would bring out every Tom, Dick, Harry and Sally :), I think a significant enough reward may result in some answers. If there are people who are helping and doing the right thing (in the PC they said many were giving misleading info and others were helpful), a significant enough reward may help someone move who worries what people in an area would think of them or do if they knew they cooperated.

I would gladly contribute to one.

Just my own thoughts and just speculation...

Since there hasn't been any big news, I'm guessing the current $1000 reward isn't sufficient. It's so sad. :(
(MOO)

Looks like they have gotten some tips from the PC on Saturday.

Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department Lt. Bruce Smith said detectives have checked out about 40 tips related to the missing baby since a Saturday news conference, when it was announced the case was being investigated as a homicide.

"Just because that particular lead doesn't provide evidence doesn't mean there's not value there," Smith said. "The more you eliminate, the more you narrow down and find the answers."

Amiah Robertson missing: Police combing through leads, asking for help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members