GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #71

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pi,
A few pages back, I asked about this change of date. I have not found any reasons given for the change to July 17.

According to the Weld County Trustee, the change was official.
Weld Public Trustee: Foreclosure Details

I listened to a Scott Reich video last night which really had nothing interesting in it except that he said he was going to look into the change of date. He said he would report what he finds by this Monday.

I listened to a Scott Reich video last night which really had nothing interesting in it except that he said he was going to look into the change of date. He said he would report what he finds by this Monday.

Conflicted. I don't like this guy or his videos, yet I also want to know what he finds... :)

I was kinda starring at the doll picture and does anyone else besides me see "pinch" marks around where the doll's face would be? I wonder if this sick F practiced the technique he would use on the doll. I always just assumed he was practicing covering them up or teasing SW in some sick way.

I don't think she fought but she must have struggled to get air and pry his hands off if she could get her hands free. I'm sure she was panicky until she went unconscious. They all suffered unless they were drugged. Terrible
to be honest, i dont think she had time to struggle, or do anything. By the time your brain realises what is happening you are already losing consciousness.

to be honest, i dont think she had time to struggle, or do anything. By the time your brain realises what is happening you are already losing consciousness.
Being attacked while asleep, having a sheet wrapped tightly around her, and having his big muscular legs holding her arms down while his pumped up muscleman arms grabbed her throat could definitely affect struggle success. It would matter little at that point what her brain was realizing.

Ever see what happens in a hanging? Be careful not to get within distance of those violently kicking legs. SW had a weapon right there on her finger, with which she could have gouged out his eyes. But, the coward made sure the woman and her little girls were incapacitated by him and could not even scratch back. Remember when he proudly and in that smirking voice bragged to Lee and Coder that he knew there would be no scratches on him?

Last edited:
I’ve read that it takes 2 to 3 minutes to lose consciousness.

That’s a long time for a frightened, panicking child while she watches her scary Daddy cover her mouth with his big strong hands preventing her from breathing. Her heart rate increases tremendously, while her lungs seize up from lack of oxygen, and her brain starts to die from lack of blood. Count to 180 out loud. That’s how long they suffered in pain before he rendered them unconscious. Their poor little bodies weren’t quite done dying though. After that they went into convulsions until they were brain dead.
N0, its seconds.
'It can take less than 10 seconds for a person to lose consciousness as a result of strangulation, and death can occur in just under five minutes.'

Strangulation Can Leave Long-Lasting Injuries

N0, its seconds.
'It can take less than 10 seconds for a person to lose consciousness as a result of strangulation, and death can occur in just under five minutes.'

Strangulation Can Leave Long-Lasting Injuries
Do you think he waited 5 minutes to make sure Bella was really dead before stuffing her in the thief hatch of the crude oil tank? I doubt it, he had very little time before the co-workers were due to arrive. Probably was satisfied with just unconsciousness.

Last edited:
IMO, the conversation seemed almost staged between the two. From Ronnie’s reaction (or lack of), he already knew what his son had done. I think that most parents would be yelling - What the hell did you just say? What did you do?

Edited for spelling.

Yeah - like the minute an adult child says "I failed the polygraph" on something as serious as this would get a real reaction out of most parents, JMO.

This is from the Family Justice Center of San Diego - to give you an idea of the suffering that would have been experienced by Shanann:

"Strangulation has only recently been identified as one of the most lethal forms of domestic violence: unconsciousness may occur within seconds and death within minutes. When domestic violence perpetrators choke (strangle) their victims, not only is this a felonious assault, but it may be an attempted homicide. Strangulation is an ultimate form of power and control, where the batterer can demonstrate control over the victim’s next breath; having devastating psychological effects or a potentially fatal outcome. Sober and conscious victims of strangulation will first feel terror and severe pain. If strangulation persists, unconsciousness will follow. Before lapsing into unconsciousness, a strangulation victim will usually resist violently, often producing injuries of their own neck in an effort to claw off the assailant, and frequently also producing injury on the face or hands to their assailant. These defensive injuries may not be present if the victim is physically or chemically restrained before the assault."

This is from the Family Justice Center of San Diego - to give you an idea of the suffering that would have been experienced by Shanann:

"Strangulation has only recently been identified as one of the most lethal forms of domestic violence: unconsciousness may occur within seconds and death within minutes. When domestic violence perpetrators choke (strangle) their victims, not only is this a felonious assault, but it may be an attempted homicide. Strangulation is an ultimate form of power and control, where the batterer can demonstrate control over the victim’s next breath; having devastating psychological effects or a potentially fatal outcome. Sober and conscious victims of strangulation will first feel terror and severe pain. If strangulation persists, unconsciousness will follow. Before lapsing into unconsciousness, a strangulation victim will usually resist violently, often producing injuries of their own neck in an effort to claw off the assailant, and frequently also producing injury on the face or hands to their assailant. These defensive injuries may not be present if the victim is physically or chemically restrained before the assault."
Thanks for posting that. I was reading recently about how people seriously interested in suicide via hanging secure their own hands before the fact so that they are not able to reflexively interfere in their own death.
Basically we want to stay alive, and I've never heard of a person lying there, unconstrained, praying for the person who is killing them. The body would betray any such altruism towards the murderer, even if he is her husband and father of her babies.

Last edited:
I was reading recently about how people seriously interested in suicide via hanging secure their own hands before the fact so that they are not able to reflexively interfere in their own death.
Basically we want to stay alive, and I've never heard of a person lying there, unconstrained, praying for the person who is killing them. The body would betray any such altruism towards the murderer, even if he is the husband and father of her babies.

I agree. It's instinct. As for how long it was before Shanann lost consciousness, no one can say. She had bruising on one side of her neck, not both, and her hyoid bone was not broken.

Pi,
A few pages back, I asked about this change of date. I have not found any reasons given for the change to July 17.

According to the Weld County Trustee, the change was official.
Weld Public Trustee: Foreclosure Details

Thanks BB,I went looking and found this article:

The Denver Post, CBS4, Denver7, 9News and Fox31 (not to mention CNN and lots of other regional and national outlets) have all stated that the auction will take place on April 17. But Weld County Public Trustee Susie Velasquez confirms that it's been delayed. The auction is now scheduled for July 17.

What Failed JonBenét House Sale May Mean for the Watts Home Auction

I keep asking myself what made CW actually think he was going to get away with killing his family? Seriously how dumb could he actually be by disposing of the bodies at his place of work? I'm not a murderer and neither are you all that are reading this but we know enough about crimes and have common sense to know that leaving the bodies where you work is not a good idea. He should have known he would be caught. CW made so many mistakes in this crime considering he clearly premeditated the entire thing.

I keep asking myself what made CW actually think he was going to get away with killing his family? Seriously how dumb could he actually be by disposing of the bodies at his place of work? I'm not a murderer and neither are you all that are reading this but we know enough about crimes and have common sense to know that leaving the bodies where you work is not a good idea. He should have known he would be caught. CW made so many mistakes in this crime considering he clearly premeditated the entire thing.
It does seem really stupid to use the worksite, and he must have known about the GPS on his truck. That's why I think he originally planned put their stuff in the Lexus and ditch it later that day. He probably thought they wouldn't think to look at his worksite if the Lexus was missing and later found abandoned.

There is another theory that he planned (using an accomplice) to abandon the Lexus at CERVI 319 and blow up the site. Since he was labeling her a vindictive wife because he was leaving her for his coworker, maybe he thought people would believe that she killed herself and her babies at his worksite to get revenge. This sort of ties into the letter he supposedly wrote on 8/6/18: "If anyone gets this letter, I would never do anything to hurt myself, my children or my wife. If anything happens to me, please investigate my wife."

Obviously he was going to get caught no matter what he tried. How many criminals can we say this about on WS's? Fill in the blank just wasn't smart and didn't realize LE would verify everything and do a thorough investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DRios