Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #15 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
There does seem to be a drive for some criminals to be seen as ever so helpful. Ian Huntley, Russell Bishop ('Babes in the woods' killer) to name two.

Yes and Tabac tried to be helpful by speaking of Chris Jeffries aswell

Is it possible the passing motorist was PR ?
There was thoughts initially on him having gone to the police of his own accord (family quotes about him giving a girl a lift ) plus adding confusion by telling them about GB
But they do say the passing Motorist is not a suspect. I'm guessing it's whoever told the police about grey Beard

I'd be very surprised if PR went anywhere near the police. It would be risky with all the efits.

Last edited:

Hi NT, Re Welly CCTV footage. So I need to persevere and try to win you over. Using the Youtube link above, we first get the elevated view like the one I've seen elsewhere showing the rummage in the jacket pocket and I claim the raising of a phone to her right ear just before leaving the picture. We then get the benefit of a view from a lower position pointing 90% at frozen ground however Libby strides into view and rummages in her pocket, clearly taking out that mobile and looking at it quickly before she proceeds to raise it. Please say I'm right!
I've watched it again on a PC rather than my phone it does look like she's taken out a mobile. But it's not brilliantly clear.

It sounds like a lot of them were making their way to the club, weren't some going to get cash? So it would make sense to have phones to coordinate meeting. But police say they found her phone at home.

If it is a phone it could be her friends. My kids are always shoving stuff into friends pockets or bags?

The police have said they are treating it as homicide . So I think they have evidence of this.
My reading of this is that Libby was not alive when she entered the river.If this was the case there could be evidence of how she died.
Hope you are right, my fear is that she drowned in the river trying to escape him in which case even though he is responsible for her death he won’t be punished for it

If there was any evidence of intercourse with her on that bench for example he would be charged with rape by now (carries a sentence up to life if convicted) as she was incapable of giving consent due to being too drunk, likewise if his dna was found on her body

It went from potential homicide when she was first found to homicide at the inquest. So I'm guessing they have enough. Can you tell if somebody was dead before they enter water?

The police gathered loads of stuff and said they were watching hours of cctv. It will take time to get all that stuff back and build a picture. We've also heard how surprised people were that there weren't more charges. So maybe they're building a longer case against him? I hope so.

And there isn't a rush. He's safely locked up

I think they can tell whether someone was alive when the entered the water by the amount of water in the lungs.
One article I read when googling forensics and water deaths said the body and head were at a different angle in drowning compared to being dead when entering the water.

It went from potential homicide when she was first found to homicide at the inquest. So I'm guessing they have enough. Can you tell if somebody was dead before they enter water?

The police gathered loads of stuff and said they were watching hours of cctv. It will take time to get all that stuff back and build a picture. We've also heard how surprised people were that there weren't more charges. So maybe they're building a longer case against him? I hope so.

And there isn't a rush. He's safely locked up
It remains a potential homicide.

I've just skimmed through the Hull DM site and as far as I can see it's still a potential homicide.

I'd guess there would be discussion of them and they did appear in local MSM. Then again I wonder how insular the polish community in hull is?

I don't think he'd go to the police.

I agree @ Newthoughts. If PR didn't go to the police then either someone ID'd him to the police or much more likely (we hope) the police had gained good intelligence about him and therefore arrested him at his home.
I don't know anything about Hull's Polish community but research suggests that the majority is the new wave who came over since their country joined the EU in 2004. Compared to Hull, other Yorkshire towns and cities, usually with textile industry, had a much larger earlier Polish community 60 years earlier and made up of WW2 refugees.
Like you I hope the police have bags of strong evidence with which to get to the bottom of this case.

I've watched it again on a PC rather than my phone it does look like she's taken out a mobile. But it's not brilliantly clear.

It sounds like a lot of them were making their way to the club, weren't some going to get cash? So it would make sense to have phones to coordinate meeting. But police say they found her phone at home.

If it is a phone it could be her friends. My kids are always shoving stuff into friends pockets or bags?

I’ve had my friends’ phones in my pocket/bag before.
There’s no way I’d get it out and start looking at it.
I still think she’s getting ID, SU card or cash out.
Any reflection or illuminated looking screen could be from the street lights etc.

I agree, it does look like Libby takes something out of her right hand pocket, then possibly looks at it, but I'm not sure if she puts it to her ear.
Later in the footage after she returns along the queue to find her friend, you can see the security man is going along the queue and each person is giving him something - possibly a ticket or a student ID. Assuming Libby didn't have her phone, I suspect what she was getting out of her pocket was whatever the others are showing the security guy, ie. ticket or Student ID.

Yes part of another investigation got me as well. And they didn't specifically exclude the lip gloss which is an odd item to find with a screwdriver and hammer. The report mentioned it and the police didn't unmention it.

This was before PR was on their radar I guess, but the 12th Jan incident would have been. Wonder did they bother even going out to that at the time?
I think the lipgloss could likely have been Libby’s & wouldn’t be surprised if police didn’t attend incident on 12th Jan as when Strontium69 was attacked whilst gaining local info for us police didn’t bother contacting him after he reported it, at that time I did wonder if someone was snooping here and didn’t like Strontium69 input & if the attack was linked to that? Long shot maybe but defo a possibility.

I agree, it does look like Libby takes something out of her right hand pocket, then possibly looks at it, but I'm not sure if she puts it to her ear.
Later in the footage after she returns along the queue to find her friend, you can see the security man is going along the queue and each person is giving him something - possibly a ticket or a student ID. Assuming Libby didn't have her phone, I suspect what she was getting out of her pocket was whatever the others are showing the security guy, ie. ticket or Student ID.

If it was being checked in the queue, it'll be proof of age ID rather than student ID. Thursdays at Welly are very popular with students, but it isn't specifically a student night. It's not ticketed, either.

I wonder where that ID ended up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member