Found Deceased SC - Samantha Josephson, 21, Columbia, 29 March 2019 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, not sure if this was posted before, but if it was I missed it. Wow.

Josephson's boyfriend, Greg, spoke at a vigil tonight in her home state of New Jersey. He told mourners he was tracking Sami's phone after she got in Nathaniel Rowland's car and "immediately knew something was wrong." https://bit.ly/2FEXoSU

Josephson's boyfriend, Greg, spoke at a vigil tonight in her home state of New Jersey. He told mourners he was tracking Sami's phone after she got in Nathaniel Rowland's car and "immediately knew something was wrong." https://bit.ly/2FEXoSU

Wow is right.
@Gardenista where was the boyfriend? Tia

Scanned really quick and don't think this has been posted. If you live in the south, you (especially) understand the racial implications of this case. Small town SC, people are afraid to talk for fear of retaliation. My heart aches. However, it sounds as if the diligent police work is paying off.

CPD, SLED uncover “valuable information” about suspect charged in killing of Samantha Josephson

His FB wall is a nightmare of racism. Awful horrific things said by both "sides". I've seen the occasional racist remark hurled around on walls after stuff like this. But this? This is bad. Once you have someone talking about killing people of another race it just exploded. :/

Stickers do not matter, anyone can purchase stickers and lights on Ebay for practically nothing, 10 bucks and they can be well dressed in lights for both Uber and Lyft, I am sure he did not have anything but they are so ready available that it would be easy Use to be red light bandits....Now Uber
lights
uber light | eBay

Scary.

Thank you for responding.

Even a driver can be bad we have seen that before but as for making sure it is your driver, your taxi, etc. it sounds like perhaps a code sent to both driver and rider may be the best bet, that only they know.

Since lights and stickers and decals can be obtained. Fake cop cars, fake taxis, not anything new but still...

How come when I click on this I don’t see that quote anywhere. Why am I so blind? Maybe it is jet lag I have. But can you please help me find it in this link? Thank you!

Two more victims, if indeed their son did it.

Absolutely.
Idk how any parent can even consider their child capable of murder.
I’m different than many on WS, I don’t blame parent for the actions of their adult children.
No parent is perfect, most of us do the best we can, we all parent differently. I firmly believe most of us don’t raise our children to be murderers.
Jmo

How come when I click on this I don’t see that quote anywhere. Why am I so blind? Maybe it is jet lag I have. But can you please help me find it in this link? Thank you!

Sd

I think it is possible that he was in shock after the attack, even if he committed it- thus driving around with the phone and blood. I also think that the spot he chose to dump her body which has been described as "very rural" was not well thought out since hunters were there about 12 hrs. later, so while it might have been "rural," it was not untraveled. sounds like panic. Maybe they will know from blood tests (?) if he had any drugs in his system- possibly he does not have complete recall either. would like to know if he was actually impersonating a ride share or if he had some other nefarious purpose when the night started out.

bbm -
Hanging out with a new-ish car, nice clothes, near a bar where college students go, would be a good place for a bad purpose, watching for just the right one. Late enuff for the innocents to be just tipsy enuff...
Some young student, possibly underage, a bit too much to drink, in that happy-happy stage of being high. (Please note -- I do not at all mean Samantha here -- I'm just setting a scene we've all seen before, coming out of bars, but minus Uber or Lyft).
She's looking for her buds, or a Lyft, and a guy opens the door and says, "Need a lift to your dorm or apartment? I'm sure I know the way since I graduated here last year." etc., etc. How easy that might be. He looks nice, well dressed, clean car, graduate. Why not?

I do know people that turn the interior light settings off. In fact I know several women that have their interior light setting to off because they have small kids & don’t want them to wake up.
Mr. & Mrs. R prob babysat often, imo. Hence the car seat.

ETA: the bulb may need to be replaced.
Also, some cars only activate the dome light when the front doors are opened, I think.

No idea. I am not a youth and in all of the cars I have ever had I have never had to replace a bulb in a dome light. And this one is a 2017. Yet they don't make things like they used to no doubt.

It is just food for thought for speculation when adding it to the child locks. Although quite honestly, I think an argument could be made against that as well, not that I like that fact.

I know nothing about the likely babysitting although something like 70 miles one way is a long way to go for a sitter if I have the right people in mind. :)

I will say I have had to charge a battery from leaving a dome light on, but have never had to replace a bulb.

Anyhow, not a big deal either way, just speculation. I just hope LE knows if it matters if it adds anything. All food for thought though.

Wow -- seeking direct link to boyfriend's statement.

If accurate, it doesn't follow that missing report was not filed until Friday afternoon.

Wonder if this was "new information" LE referenced today.

ETA: located quote

In the wake of the 21-year-old’s death, South Carolina legislators have already fashioned a bill to make Uber and Lyft drivers have illuminated signs so customers know they're getting in the right car.

"Just little things they can do to enhance safety because I'm telling you this is nothing you ever want to do. You don't want to go through this,” Seymour Josephson said.

Josephson’s boyfriend said that he spoke to her the night that she disappeared.

“She was the love of my life. And I was on the phone tracking her through all of this just to make sure she got home safely. And I immediately knew there was something that was wrong,” said boyfriend Greg Corbishely. bbm

Police say that Rowland trapped Josephson inside the car by activating the child safety locks. Hunters found Josephson’s body in a wooded area – 70 miles away from where she was taken.

Police say they found Josephson's phone and blood inside of Rowland’s car, a black Chevy Impala.

But Rowland’s parents say that they believe that he is innocent.
Loved ones hold vigil for slain college student from Robbinsville

Last edited:
Child proof locks engaged and interior lights out...

What Uber or Lyft driver has the interior lights off when you get into the car? Of course you want to check things out before you get underway. Further, I'm sure the driver also wants to see his/her fares before they get into the car. I certainly would.
The suspect may have just wanted to make a few bucks driving someone home -- but when he saw her, he may have made another plan.

Last edited:
It crossed my mind earlier that the locks also mean the windows were likely locked so she could not reach out and yell, etc. at a stop light. The specs on his year and model of car, they would be two different buttons I believe, engaging the locks would not engage the windows. So add that to the interior light and we possibly have three intentional acts...

He was phone tracking her.

So does Greg Corbishely know if the car stopped in Rosewood? Did he track her phone to New Zion and back?

So NR knowingly had her phone after her murder and kept it in the glove box?

Wow -- seeking direct link to boyfriend's statement.

If accurate, it doesn't follow that missing report was not filed until Friday afternoon.

Wonder if this was "new information" LE referenced today.

ETA: located quote

In the wake of the 21-year-old’s death, South Carolina legislators have already fashioned a bill to make Uber and Lyft drivers have illuminated signs so customers know they're getting in the right car.

"Just little things they can do to enhance safety because I'm telling you this is nothing you ever want to do. You don't want to go through this,” Seymour Josephson said.

Josephson’s boyfriend said that he spoke to her the night that she disappeared.

“She was the love of my life. And I was on the phone tracking her through all of this just to make sure she got home safely. And I immediately knew there was something that was wrong,” said boyfriend Greg Corbishely. bbm

Police say that Rowland trapped Josephson inside the car by activating the child safety locks. Hunters found Josephson’s body in a wooded area – 70 miles away from where she was taken.

Police say they found Josephson's phone and blood inside of Rowland’s car, a black Chevy Impala.

But Rowland’s parents say that they believe that he is innocent.

"Josephson’s boyfriend said that he spoke to her the night that she disappeared.

“She was the love of my life. And I was on the phone tracking her through all of this just to make sure she got home safely. And I immediately knew there was something that was wrong,” said boyfriend Greg Corbishely.

Police say they found Josephson's phone and blood inside of Rowland’s car, a black Chevy Impala."
rbbm.

You're not blind - I didn't see it either. However, did a search and found this from the same station :

WIS TV

I did not see it on the first link and nothing close to it but I did on this link. If he immediately knew something was wrong, it begs the question why was no one called? Until much later the next day? It just does not add up. Is anyone familiar with this news source? When I first saw it I thought it stood for Wisconsin TV and clearly it does not. I have never seen it until this case.

I did not see it on the first link and nothing close to it but I did on this link. If he immediately knew something was wrong, it begs the question why was no one called? Until much later the next day? It just does not add up. Is anyone familiar with this news source? When I first saw it I thought it stood for Wisconsin TV and clearly it does not. I have never seen it until this case.

I haven't seen much from them in the cases I've followed, but they are apparently based in Columbia, SC. I had to Google their phone number to find that out, though.

WIS TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members