GUILTY OH - Brian Michael Rini, charged with impersonating a long-missing child, Apr 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There are actually quite a few mental units/facilities here in Cincinnati, but my guess is that since he probably doesn't have insurance or $$ he would end up in the University of Cincinnati's Ridgeway unit.

Sorry, posted this while I was reading a few pages back and before the presser (and thanks inmyhumbleopinion for all the great posts about that, I missed it). This case and posts were going so fast it is hard to keep up! Glad to hear he is in jail where he belongs!

IMO, he needs such a facility. He’s not going to get the help he needs in prison, Moo.
Plud, once released, there’s no one to see he takes his meds as directed.
He’ll probably end up a lifer, at some point. In an adult prison.
I’d like to know more about his mom. How severe is her mental condition?
Jmo

I agree with you that many of the offenders need psychiatric help and supervision, but I don't know of any long term programs (unless you have big $$) that don't have a revolving door policy where they are treated for a very short time (not long enough to do anything but get them stable for the moment, then release them back into society) where there is a good chance they do just what you said and quit taking their meds. I know long term "mental hospitals" fell out of favor (and there were good arguments about the quality of care the patients were given then) but I think there is a real need to bring them back (surely we can find a way to make sure they are humane now). In the meantime, I would rather have them in jail than out reoffending more innocent people.

I feel horrible for this family and for Timmothy. One more reason why I wish there would be sanctions on the media with sensitive info like this. Much like no “sleuthing” or posting about someone on here until they are confirmed as a POI, nothing should be released by the media on something as sensitive as this until they know for sure. Why on earth would any of us want to put a family through that? I’m sickened by it. IMO.

Federal agents said Rini has presented himself as a juvenile victim of sex trafficking twice before this, according to the complaint

Timmothy Pitzen impostor Brian Michael Rini charged, says he learned of case by watching '20/20'

"I haven't talked to him in four years," Jonathon Rini said, adding that neither he nor his mother has had contact with Brian Rini. "I'm not surprised. I mean, he's nuts," he said.

Jonathon Rini said his brother has been in and out of jail from an early age, adding that Brian Rini has several mental health problems.

"He has Asperger's, bipolar disorder, ADHD, the list goes on. He was receiving treatment but then he stopped and started getting in more trouble," he said. "He's been doing stupid stuff, not this serious, but he's been doing stupid stuff for as long as I can remember,"

Police: Man who claimed to be Timmothy Pitzen is a 'known schemer’

This man needs help and to get back on his meds pronto

Rini learned about Timmothy Pitzen after watching a 20/20 special on the missing child. Investigators say that special aired just a few weeks ago. @WLWT
Helena Battipaglia WLWT on Twitter

What is amazing to me is that this man recounted information, including Timothy's middle name and birthdate, to police. Unless he purposefully set out to commit this hoax, he pulled this info from his memory under the duress of questioning. None of us could have done that if we tried. I think it speaks to what it means to be on the spectrum. I hope Rini gets the help that he needs. My heart goes out to the family for what this must have done to them.

“#Breaking: Statement by FBI Cincinnati regarding charges in case of man claiming to be missing Aurora IL teen. Brian M. Rini has been charged by the #FBI with making false statements to a federal agent.”
11:40 AM 4/5/19
FBI Cincinnati on Twitter

D3Zmy0ZW4AAalL8
I just heard this on the radio,said something about charges interfering with investigation of “sex trafficking of children” . Did anyone else hear this?

Federal criminal charges have been filed against BMR for lying to a federal agent. Punishable by up to eight years in federal prison as this case involves lying re: material info. about investigating involving sex trafficking of children.

On behalf of the US, my heart goes out to Timmothy’s family. Unimaginable pain.

Thanks law agencies involved.

Thanks prosecutors.

BMR appeared in court 45 minutes ago. Held without bond. Will have a detention hearing on Tuesday.
Ok, that’s what I thought I heard. Thanks for the verification.

Ohio man who said he was Timmothy Pitzen charged with federal crime; learned about missing Aurora boy from TV show, authorities say

Ohio man who said he was Timmothy Pitzen charged with federal crime; learned about missing Aurora boy from TV show, authorities say

If convicted on charges of lying to a federal officer, Rini could face up to eight years in prison because the charges involve lying about a material matter related to an investigation that involves sex trafficking of children, Glassman said.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zebra8611
Back