GUILTY SC - Samantha Josephson, 21, Columbia, thought she was getting into Uber, 29 Mar 2019 *Arrest* #2

I am in Eastern timezone. The weird thing is, I see two different times on all of his posts, all of them with a one hour difference.
His timeline shows the posted time as 1 hour earlier than each undividual post. So I am seeing the same time Pommy Mommy is seeing on his timeline, but an hour later when I click on the post. And I am in the same time time zone as South Carolina.

When you say you "click on the post", do you mean on your phone? I'm looking at mine on my computer (it says 12:23) and clicking anywhere on it does nothing. Perhaps if you're on a mobile and near another timezone, it might adjust, perhaps incorrectly? I'm in the Atlanta area, in the same timezone as SC.

Strange. Could this be some daylight savings time Facebook hiccup? I know you changed to it about 4 weeks ago though (we did last weekend).

ETA: Ok, I think I'm giving up on this, I just noticed that people that are my "friends" on FB on my timeline show the same time on the post and when I put my cursor over it, no matter what time zone they are in. And obviously with the perp I have to go to his page as he is not in my "friends list" and there I get the 6-hour difference. Now I have another reason why I don't like FB, how can they not make this more clear?

yes because it's your timeline/page

When you say you "click on the post", do you mean on your phone? I'm looking at mine on my computer (it says 12:23) and clicking anywhere on it does nothing. Perhaps if you're on a mobile and near another timezone, it might adjust, perhaps incorrectly? I'm in the Atlanta area, in the same timezone as SC.

I am also on my laptop, didn't check on my phone. It also says 12.23 am for me - and if you put your cursor right over the date and time and keep it there for a moment it shows "a" time as well, in my case 6.23 am (since my time zone is 6 hours ahead - and like I said that's why I'm guessing that I am seeing the time he actually posted in his time zone).

And if you put your cursor over the date and time you can click on it and then you get a page with just that post and in my case it says 6.23 there as well.

@LadyL Oh, ok, I think I'm getting really confused, so on my actual timeline it always shows my time zone, so let's stick with the 12.23 am example, in my timeline it would show up as 6.23 am.

I am also on my laptop, didn't check on my phone. It also says 12.23 am for me - and if you put your cursor right over the date and time and keep it there for a moment it shows "a" time as well, in my case 6.23 am (since my time zone is 6 hours ahead - and like I said that's why I'm guessing that I am seeing the time he actually posted in his time zone).

And if you put your cursor over the date and time you can click on it and then you get a page with just that post and in my case it says 6.23 there as well.

@LadyL Oh, ok, I think I'm getting really confused, so on my actual timeline it always shows my time zone, so let's stick with the 12.23 am example, in my timeline it would show up as 6.23 am.

Ok, it's bizarre....I did what you said....clicked (from my computer) where it says the time, and I do get a "standalone" post but it shows 1:23, not 12:23 as in the original. This for sure complicates things....

I have seen the same thoughts here several times ... and I don't really know how to reply to this without saying too much (too much for me, since this is public and it's the internet, and even with being anonymous ...). It's very personal, but from my very own experience with a man about 4 inches shorter than me and probably around the same weight as me (possibly even a bit less considering his height), they can pick you up, the can carry you, they can pick you up and throw you across the room (and more, I won't give more details) and you have no way and don't have the physical strength (compared to him) to fight back, to stop him or get away.

So them being almost the same height and weight (and compared to my example, the monster in this case IS taller and heavier than her) doesn't mean anything. And it definitely doesn't mean that he couldn't have done it. And add to that that he had a weapon and they were in HIS car (that he knows better than she does) and they were in the very confined space of his car. She didn't have a chance.

Oh Miya.
I am so sorry to hear of your own story.:(:(:(

I agree.
In general men are much stronger than women, and most can hurt/carry a female, even if she has been fighting.
We see this continually in the many cases we follow.
MOO.

Ok, it's bizarre....I did what you said....clicked (from my computer) where it says the time, and I do get a "standalone" post but it shows 1:23, not 12:23 as in the original. This for sure complicates things....

That's just so weird, I hope we get the right times from LE or during the trial. The reason why it is so important to me, he posted quite frequently on FB and just the last couple of posts seemed quite normal for a young guy, a bit cryptic trying to act cool, if you look at his pictures, there is nothing that makes you think something is not right, he just has 3 videos that show he probably partied a bit too much and might not respect women too much, but even in hindsight, that's still just teenager/young adult behavior. And to think that he posted a harmless "cool" post maybe less than an hour or maybe less than 2 hours before he killed this young woman is so shocking because it shows the banal face of crime, the banal face of murder. One minute everything is normal, the next minute you just kill someone like it's nothing. And then even post a totally "cool" but harmless post on FB later that day again.

Oh Miya.
I am so sorry to hear of your own story.:(:(:(

I agree.
In general men are much stronger than women, and most can hurt/carry a female, even if she has been fighting.
We see this continually in the many cases we follow.
MOO.

Yeah, that's right, even if the woman is fighting, they are usually strong enough to deal with that as well. I just know a couple of cases (don't remember the names though, some or maybe all of them are probably here on WS as well) where the only reason why the woman survived severely injured and sometimes close to death is because she played dead hoping for the best and that he believes that she is dead and will just walk away. The seconds or minutes until he actually walks away must be hell on earth.

Plus, since the parents said "my son didn't do this" some people here started to wonder if maybe the parents are right and they are looking for evidence why he couldn't have done it. I feel for his parents and family and I understand their pain as well and how they are in denial. But all the evidence/facts so far speak against him, but if you want to find evidence that he maybe didn't do it, then the fact that they were almost same weight and height is not evidence that he didn't do it.

I think he did it, I don't know if he "just" wanted to rob her, if he wanted to rape her and then let her go and in either scenario things got totally out of hand, or if in his psycho mind he was just looking for someone to kill. I would really like to know though who the woman in the car with him the next day was and what she knew or what she thought about the blood and/or smell in the car. But we'll probably have to wait for the trial to find out why she was with him especially taking into account the state of his car.

Since I'm in the same timezone, I wonder if this somehow involves the daylight savings settings on his phone or computer. Hopefully, we will find out when they release more info.

he played basketball and then worked for Fed Ex- if he worked in the ware house, all he did was lift things (unless he had a desk job or used a fork life all day). I think he could lift 1.5x his own weight easy.

You have a good point about Fed Ex, his sports history, etc. And I've since looked up some info on relative strengths between men and women and see that on average women have about 50-60% of the strength of guys. That amazes me that it's that different, but then again I'm pretty strong. So although I was at first skeptical I can see now where, especially if adrenaline is kicked in, he could have carried her by himself. Might be a bit unwieldy but definitely possible.

Plus, since the parents said "my son didn't do this" some people here started to wonder if maybe the parents are right and they are looking for evidence why he couldn't have done it. I feel for his parents and family and I understand their pain as well and how they are in denial. But all the evidence/facts so far speak against him, but if you want to find evidence that he maybe didn't do it, then the fact that they were almost same weight and height is not evidence that he didn't do it.

I can't speak for what was in the minds of others, but I was genuinely skeptical about whether he could have handled her body by himself long before the video of the parents came out. However, y'all have convinced me that it's possible. :)

I don’t believe that story either.

It would really help to understand where he actually lives at this point - like how far from Five Points and what exactly he does for a living. So many missing bits of information in this story, I guess we don’t find out more until April 22.

I just don’t think it’s at all coincidence that her body was found in an area that he would know quite well from growing up there until about age 18.

Again this is just playing "Devil's Advocate" so take it for only that -- I don't think it's coincidence either, but what if... the person that could have taken his keys was an acquaintance from high school and would have known the area well also? The turkey hunters that found her body just 12 hours later were acquaintances from high school as well--just coincidence? I'm sure LE probably looks into anyone that found a body to make sure they weren't the one that actually put it there. :p

Does anyone recall offhand when the next hearing is? Is it arraignment and is there a prelim scheduled? I have a bit too many cases stuffed in the head and am losing track. I think I will start a calendar with all of the ones I follow jotted in on the correct dates :)

I was just thinking that once we have a prelim some of these questions may be answered and we may find they have evidence showing it had to him in his car. I like everyone else would like to put that to rest.

I tend not to believe his "story". It is just a bit too far fetched. However, I would like to see some proof it cannot be true.

Far fetched:

Not one person from any supposed party has come forward and said nope, he was passed out, and "so and so" took his car or left around that time that night.

Someone who allegedly took his car then also just decided to kidnap someone and lucked out and found someone.

Someone who allegedly took his car was familiar with the child locks, the window locks, the dome light and how to keep his face off camera and knew where those cameras were and were just that positive no one nor any cameras would see him in the stolen car anywhere in this CITY nor know it was not NR who kidnapped the girl and murdered her. I find this very far fetched. Of course though, it is just as stupid for NR to think he would not be seen...

Someone who allegedly took his car then, after murdering someone, came back to the party residence and left the car having no way of knowing it would not have been discovered missing, called in as stolen, nor anything else, nor that he would not be seen bringing it back... mm-hmm

Someone who allegedly took his car knew the route late at night and intimately to take it to an area NR was very familiar with.

Someone who allegedly took his car frequented the 5 points area in the wee hours one night and it was NR the next night in the wee hours in the same area...

NR realizes someone had his car, sees blood but never calls police. Not only that he drives it with blood present, puts another person in it with blood present, as well as bleach, wipes, the victim's phone, etc.

To my knowledge, not one friend has come forward that knew of nor was at that party. Just his parents from an entirely different area and a cousin or some such from Texas, none of which I believe would have been at said party. I think with some fair solid proof, friends present could get him out. What does his phone show... Not a word about his phone. Somehow I doubt he was sitting on a laptop on FB, I would guess he was on his phone...

Add in FB, even if before the abduction, he is at a party getting so plastered that he will pass out shortly but is bothering to post on FB?

This crime was so brutal with multiple injuries and her body found so fast, I would think there has to be DNA.

I could go on but just some of the very far fetched hard to believe reasons.

They can bring on more information for us anytime so we can determine whether this is even a possibility :)

I doubt it though.

This all happened in a college town, in a busy spot where many many college students spend a lot of time. I hope and pray that if there was a sliver of a doubt that LE had their guy, they would announce that they were still looking for someone. If they thought Samantha's murderer was still on the run and could potentially strike again wouldn't they make that known for the safety of the 30,000+ students, faculty, and residents of Cola???
IMHO they have their guy, they have evidence, now we watch this monster pay for what he's done.

.... And apparently their app. Someone posted that the app doesn't always show information in real time. That is not good. Have you experienced that?
I've taken many Ubers in the past few months. Much more than normal for me as I had an out of town wedding weekend in Miami and a business trip, so in and out of airports which are utter chaos and confusing as well . 4 out of 5 times the driver always complained about the Uber App!

The worst was when there were no Uber cars available and I had to take a taxi. It was the scariest ride of my life and I got on my phone immediately and called 2 people and spoke loudly about my being in XYZ taxi and heading to ABC. I also have the notify friends feature activated on my iPhone.

Well, the story of someone else taking his car might be more believable if he had been posting between 2:00 am and 5:00 am.
The family claims he was passed out at a party, which might explain where he was at that time, but I'm sure LE would have interviewed witnesses at that party and I would think if his alibi had checked out they would have released him by now and arrested someone else.
He probably had his phone with him and LE knows exactly where he was at the time of the murder. Imo

Well, the story of someone else taking his car might be more believable if he had been posting between 2:00 am and 5:00 am.
The family claims he was passed out at a party, which might explain where he was at that time, but I'm sure LE would have interviewed witnesses at that party and I would think if his alibi had checked out they would have released him by now and arrested someone else.
He probably had his phone with him and LE knows exactly where he was at the time of the murder. Imo

ITA. I think this is a story he gave his loved ones. And that is about it. I think he probably said it early and without it being thought out as to how this can be disproved (and I am guessing it can be). I feel for his loved ones and I can even see giving the benefit of the doubt until they know otherwise. However, the only people this has come from are the family members to my knowledge, unless I missed something.

There has been not one partygoer that has come forward nor any corroboration of any kind.

There has been no confirmation of a party. Not that the prosecution side would do that or say that but I am just saying, where are the friends at this party helping to verify this and get him out of jail? There is no one saying he arrived at this time, passed out at this time and he never left the location of the party? Where are the people saying but this other guy did leave at this time and could have taken his car? Not to mention taken his car for what was probably a number of hours...? And then BROUGHT it back hours later to no one noticing? I do not buy it.

One final point is that the night he was arrested, he had a female with him and she was said to be cooperating. Cooperating regarding what if it was not him.....?

I can't speak for what was in the minds of others, but I was genuinely skeptical about whether he could have handled her body by himself long before the video of the parents came out. However, y'all have convinced me that it's possible. :)
Whenever I question whether or not a physically smaller per can handle a larger victim all I need to do is remember the Jodi Arias case and how she killed Travis and handled his much larger body.

ITA. I think this is a story he gave his loved ones. And that is about it. I think he probably said it early and without it being thought out as to how this can be disproved (and I am guessing it can be). I feel for his loved ones and I can even see giving the benefit of the doubt until they know otherwise. However, the only people this has come from are the family members to my knowledge, unless I missed something.

There has been not one partygoer that has come forward nor any corroboration of any kind.

There has been no confirmation of a party. Not that the prosecution side would do that or say that but I am just saying, where are the friends at this party helping to verify this and get him out of jail? There is no one saying he arrived at this time, passed out at this time and he never left the location of the party? Where are the people saying but this other guy did leave at this time and could have taken his car? Not to mention taken his car for what was probably a number of hours...? And then BROUGHT it back hours later to no one noticing? I do not buy it.

One final point is that the night he was arrested, he had a female with him and she was said to be cooperating. Cooperating regarding what if it was not him.....?
I think you are right. He got home late and probably told his parents he passed out as the reason. Imo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back