GUILTY SC - Samantha Josephson, 21, Columbia, thought she was getting into Uber, 29 Mar 2019 *Arrest* #2

I think it's a joke. It's a sexual reference
Yeah, it might be a reference to Janelle Monae's song, "Pynk."
That's why I think he is advertising that he gets a lot of "girls."
In other words, he is in the "business" of getting as much action from as many women he can. (Or actually, the head of the business) He also wrote that comment about how if he couldn't "do it" with one person he would be damned if he couldn't do it with someone else, insinuating that he wasn't going to commit to just one person. Imo

Last edited:
I'm not sure we know exactly where he was living at the time but since he had their car he must have at least been staying there at the time.
Isn't that the address on his drivers license?

No idea and it is just my opinion but even if that is the case, he still could be staying or living anywhere. He portrays the car as his on FB I believe has been said. It was probably just financed by the folks or some such. Many of this age do not change the DL etc., their bills (if any) still go to mom and dad's, especially if he is maybe living with friends or a gf and maybe does not consider it permanent and even if he does. I find it hard to believe he continually (and in this case two nights in a row) drove to Columbia the 70 miles or whatever it was one way to party and then drove another 70 home.

I find it doubtful he lived at the parents or at least far from all of the time. Just the night in question, he states he was at a party passed out and found the car with keys in it the next day. He by his own statement was not at home at the parents all that night. Not that I believe his story.

This is just my opinion though--I wish we knew more.

No idea and it is just my opinion but even if that is the case, he still could be staying or living anywhere. He portrays the car as his on FB I believe has been said. It was probably just financed by the folks or some such. Many of this age do not change the DL etc., their bills (if any) still go to mom and dad's, especially if he is maybe living with friends or a gf and maybe does not consider it permanent and even if he does. I find it hard to believe he continually (and in this case two nights in a row) drove to Columbia the 70 miles or whatever it was one way to party and then drove another 70 home.

I find it doubtful he lived at the parents or at least far from all of the time. Just the night in question, he states he was at a party passed out and found the car with keys in it the next day. He by his own statement was not at home at the parents all that night. Not that I believe his story.

Or he may have just stayed with them whenever it was convenient.
It sounds like he wasn't working at the time, and he was in college at one point so he may have moved around a lot since then.
Maybe he just crashed wherever he happened to land depending on who he was with. Imo

Does anyone know what New Dymoo/ Pynk Dymoo is?
He is supposedly CEO of that business.
I just looked up the meaning of "dymo," and it said, "A person who feels the need to apply a (usually negative) label to each person and treat them as such."

So there you have it. He spelled it wrong but I think it gives us a pretty good idea of what he is all about, especially in light of the horrific crime he committed. Imo

I just looked up the meaning of "dymo," and it said, "A person who feels the need to apply a (usually negative) label to each person and treat them as such."

So there you have it. He spelled it wrong but I think it gives us a pretty good idea of what he is all about, especially in light of the horrific crime he committed. Imo

Combine your definition of dymo with the urban dictionary definition of pink and we have a troubling CEO indeed. JMOO

Or he may have just stayed with them whenever it was convenient.
It sounds like he wasn't working at the time, and he was in college at one point so he may have moved around a lot since then.
Maybe he just crashed wherever he happened to land depending on who he was with. Imo

That is what my guess would be too.

Combine your definition of dymo with the urban dictionary definition of pink and we have a troubling CEO indeed. JMOO
That's exactly what I'm talking about.
It would appear that he views women as sexual objects.
I'm not going to speculate much further than that at this point, though!
I'm sure it will become much clearer as time goes on. Imo

I read that he lived in Columbia. His "about" info on Facebook states he lives in Columbia.

But, the address on the arrest warrant is 1313 Renegade Trail.
When looking at directions from Renegade Trail to Black Bottom Road, where SJ was found, it is right across another road, and is about 3 minutes away from each other.
I would post a pic ofa map, but i can't figure out how to.

I could maybe get behind the “someone took my keys and stole my car to murder a girl while I was passed out” story IF he’d called police the next morning as soon as he found it. It’s very difficult to believe he wouldn’t notice the blood. It’s graphic, but with the description of her injuries I imagine there would’ve been blood spatter throughout the entire car, on windows, ceiling, all seats, etc. It doesn’t sound like it was only in one puddle on the back seat. Plus, the car had to smell strongly of blood and/or bleach & cleaning supplies. The find thing people do when there’s an unusual odor in your car is look for the source. And where do we look? The back seat. Are we expected to believe the car thief/“real murderer” cleaned up just the front seat and cleaned everything else a mess? Sorry man, not buying it.

not that I like this alibi, but I do think if you currently owe the state over $2000 in unpaid fines, and you were passed out at a party, and you find a lot of blood in your car the next day, you might not call LE because LE might be looking to you for an explanation, and you do not have one. IMHO.

@Cfdm10199 - here's the map :

Google Maps

I had posted it wayyyyyy back in thread 1 but can't figure out how to bring it forward here.
Thanks KatzEye! That's what I wanted to do put couldn't figure out how.
Honestly, what are the odds that another person stole his car, murdered a random person, drove 90 miles away and dumped the body in a hidden area 3 minutes away from the guy you originally stole the car from?
To me, the odds of this happening have to be infintesimal.
It's killing me they aren't releasing anymore info right now.

not that I like this alibi, but I do think if you currently owe the state over $2000 in unpaid fines, and you were passed out at a party, and you find a lot of blood in your car the next day, you might not call LE because LE might be looking to you for an explanation, and you do not have one. IMHO.
First of all, did he really owe the state $2000.?

But, it seems to me, coming out and finding blood all over your car and trunk, including pooled blood, would pretty much tell you something really bad happened there.
Something that was a lot worse than $2000. worth of fines.

He had to realize that. And the fact that he was driving around in it the next night, shows that any fines and even a possible murder were of no real concern to him.
Not to mention, after finding strange blood all over your car, you wouldn't check the news the next day to see if they were looking for your car?

He either has an IQ of 20 or thought he was untouchable.

I may get surprised, but I think we will have to wait until trial for a lot of the answers most of us are wanting. I'm guessing CPD felt compelled to release cause of death, and that's the only reason we got that.

Here's a South Carolinian view on this case :
Columbia is the state capitol and therefore the political nucleus of the state. USC is one of the largest, if not the largest, universities in SC. We have the death of a USC student involved, so by extension the university is in the media. Samantha's death has been publicized worldwide. Y'all get where I'm going with this ? Neither the city of Columbia nor USC needed or wanted this kind of adverse publicity, I'm sure. So my personal thinking is we won't hear all the ugly, gory (sorry) details until this goes to trial. LE will play this one very close to the vest, I think.

But, I've been proven wrong many, many times before. Mini rant over and all JMOO.

I think that we’ll see some compelling evidence come forth. I’m fairly certain that LE has a good chunk of evidence that they’ll bring to the table. I think sometimes we get so worked up (understandably) that we forget that we have only a fraction of what LE does.

I think we’ll see an open/closed case here.

But, it seems to me, coming out and finding blood all over your car and trunk, including pooled blood, would pretty much tell you something really bad happened there.

He had to realize that. And the fact that he was driving around in it the next night, shows that any fines and even a possible murder were of no real concern to him.
Not to mention, after finding strange blood all over your car, you wouldn't check the news the next day to see if they were looking for your car?

if you believe his story, did he "pass out" because he was drunk or because he was under the influence of some other substance? I just do not think he was in a position where he would call LE. An average person, yes; him no.

He has unpaid fines and restitution as per the state web site for that property violation and it is a bit over $2000, if the web site is accurate.

SC Judicial Branch

In some states, under some circumstances, they issue a warrant for you if do not make payments, so another possible reason to avoid LE. (I am not familiar with SC law- tried to check on this and saw an article which said that since 2017, SC stopped issuing arrest warrants for traffic tickets, but I do not know about property crimes. Maybe some one else knows how that is in SC.)

In my corner of the state, if fines aren't paid within a certain length of time, a bench warrant is issued. Not sure if it works the same in all jurisdictions. So . . . . . he may have thought he had a bench warrant and was going to be arrested. Wow !

I still don't get how he was oblivious to the fact CPD would be looking for a black Impala. Given my knowledge of some 20-somethings, it's not impossible though. (No offense intended to anyone) All just MOO

In my corner of the state, if fines aren't paid within a certain length of time, a bench warrant is issued. Not sure if it works the same in all jurisdictions. So . . . . . he may have thought he had a bench warrant and was going to be arrested. Wow !

I still don't get how he was oblivious to the fact CPD would be looking for a black Impala. Given my knowledge of some 20-somethings, it's not impossible though. (No offense intended to anyone) All just MOO

when i was a student at LSU, in baton rouge, LA., 2 undercover cops showed up at my house and arrested me, walked me out in handcuffs, for an outstanding parking ticket. luckily, my college bf was there and followed us in his car to the police station, where i was put in a cell with a woman who had stabbed a 9 year old in the head with a pencil for about 4 hours. i was 19 years old. it's the south, like SC is the south. not everything is done "above the table," either, and to this day i have no idea why i was arrested by not 1, but 2 undercover cops (in an undercover car). if he thought he could be arrested, that could be very scary, especially for a young black male. (not excusing him, just giving an example of shady stuff that happens in the south, and probably all over the USA).

(this was in the 90s, but still. it was terrifying.)

I have to respectfully disagree. Regardless of any traffic fines, if I woke up in my car and saw blood, not only would I call LE immediately, I would do it without even thinking of the fines. It would be an automatic response if you are innocent. IMO

I don't believe the ridiculous 'alibi'. It makes absolutely no common sense. I'm not surprised the family wants to believe their son innocent, any parent would struggle with the realization of something so horrific, they are victims too.

But I always go back to good old Occams Razor....the simplest, most likely solution is usually the correct one.

I think the reason we're not hearing a lot of buzz in MSM is because LE has locked him in 110%. Great, justice for Sammy!

MOO

I may get surprised, but I think we will have to wait until trial for a lot of the answers most of us are wanting. I'm guessing CPD felt compelled to release cause of death, and that's the only reason we got that.

Here's a South Carolinian view on this case :
Columbia is the state capitol and therefore the political nucleus of the state. USC is one of the largest, if not the largest, universities in SC. We have the death of a USC student involved, so by extension the university is in the media. Samantha's death has been publicized worldwide. Y'all get where I'm going with this ? Neither the city of Columbia nor USC needed or wanted this kind of adverse publicity, I'm sure. So my personal thinking is we won't hear all the ugly, gory (sorry) details until this goes to trial. LE will play this one very close to the vest, I think.

But, I've been proven wrong many, many times before. Mini rant over and all JMOO.
#1 USC approx. 37,000 students vs #2 Clemson 25,000

Or he was still under the influence that morning. Possible that he either stays wasted all the time. If that were the case, that he was wasted at a party and had just found the blood, being wasted would have actually helped his alibi. I thought it strange that he made it through 3 years of college to drop out in the fourth year. Seems something started happening to him such as an addiction problem. (But I absolutely think that he DID murder her). His driving seemed o.k. though not like he was wasting beyond being aware of what he was doing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chaucer
Back